New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some help, 4457 forms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I decide to take three rifles to Namibia, two for me and one for LaRita, can all three 4577 forms be in my name? Will it be a problem importing three rifles into Namibia with all of them in my name? How about coming back into the states?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
It will not be a problem

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I would go ahead an get seperate ones for all your rifles for LaRita. Just in case she needs to come back separately. They don't cost anything and they're small...

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I assume your talking about Form 4457 (not 4577)?

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It isn't a problem to bring them back. I am sitting here looking at one that has been used repetedly and it had 6 guns on it.

Posts: 11988 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:
I assume your talking about Form 4457 (not 4577)?

Regards,

Terry

Yes, you are right 4457. For some reason I never can remember that number.

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Mark,
sent you a copy via E-mail

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it and printed it. THANKS.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I have done exactly what you suggest on several trips to Zim and RSA. No problems.

The advice to get separate forms in case you travel separately is sound, but probably un-necessary. My wife is not very likely to make this type of trip unaccompanied, and if she did she wouldn't want to hassle with a firearm. I would have all the guns with me anyhow. Your wife may be different, but that is my expereince.
Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I phoned Customs at lunch and they said 3 rifles with three 4457s, in my name, wouldn't be a problem.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark;

If you are spending an over-night in South Africa, you will need to obtain a SA Gun permit (application SAPS 520). My husband and I both use our own .375's and South Africa will not allow 2 rifles of the same caliber in one name. Therefore, we each must obtain separate permits for South Africa. Part of that application process requires a US Customs 4457 form. Bottom line, if you are overnighting in SA and you have 2 rifles of the same caliber, I'd recommend separate 4457's.

Best regards, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I have a proposal for Saeed, of course if it has not already done, to create a folder with downlodable forms of documents (Es. Form 4457 that I've received by Wendell Reich, thank you again Wendell) to avoid the recursive searches of them.
Having the help of PHs and outfitters and hunters it is possible to maintain it updated without big difficulties and troubles.
It should be a good service for all of us.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Good Idea!

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote