Tools

Bad Tooth Ache
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bet this guy is having a bad day!!!! Big Grin

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Makes one want to feel sorry for him...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an ideal PAC elephant. No trophy hunter would touch him, and if the deformity causes discomfort, people could start getting squished.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
That is an ideal PAC elephant. No trophy hunter would touch him, and if the deformity causes discomfort, people could start getting squished.

Thanks for posting the pic.

Agree entirely!

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Notice how the "deformed" tusk does not exit the lip as it should but rather pierced its way through the skin.....He was suprisingly calm when the pic was taken and showed no sign of being irritated....

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
Looks blind on that side as well

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
His tusk was probably that way for years May not cause him discomfort.

Crusher, I think what your seeing is eyelash. It is hard to believe how long they are...

Best regards;
Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to wonder how long it is and if it will continue to grow out the other side.

This is not the same elephant but it shows how long their eyelashes are.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
what's the name of the ugly pig that has it's turks growing THROUGH the roof of its mouth? bahbinga?

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39671 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The elephant needs to be taken out to prevent any problems with people. Moreover, it will not ever be acceptable to any American trophy hunter under any circumstances. Sometimes the European hunters like odd trophies, and maybe someone would take it for that, but it is doubtful.

One of Us
Picture of DanEP
posted Hide Post
I guess it takes all kinds -- I might be willing to take one like that (but the trophy fee is around 1/2 a down-payment on a house ... that's the hard part). But a part of it is paying for a "good time," and if my memories involve doing something consistent with my conservation ethic, I might go for it given that an opportunity presented itself.

Dan