One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted
to get bombed with emails!

http://www.facebook.com/Lionaid

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anton, that looks like a lot of fun! I know nothing about FACEBOOK, GHR has one, but Patrick runs it, not me.

I guess I am the next target on the list? Too bad I don't give a damn about their opinions, but it'll probably get interesting.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It might be fun antagonizing those foaming at the mouth whack jobs.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
It might be fun antagonizing those foaming at the mouth whack jobs.

Larry, I wonder if you can actually antagonize the profoundly stupid? I'm sure they are gonna be flooding my GHR email with it in return however.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help it - I had to prod them...as of now there are 3 pro hunting comments and one anti. I am sure that will change...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Below is the first intelligent message I just got. Man, these folks are really evolved.

Hello Dickhead, just to let you know that the whole planet is going to shut you down. Your life is worth shit so do everyone a favor and suck on your riffle HaHa.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
mu riffle? so stiffle, get up on dis niffle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron:

Post these idiots e mail address. We should send them a ton of e mails.

This sounds like fun!

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Aaron:

Post these idiots e mail address. We should send them a ton of e mails.

This sounds like fun!

And sign them up for free hunting information as well as other informative topics like game recipe sites.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Aaron has broad shoulders and will take it.

I just keep waiting for him to need a cameraman on a trip and for him to email me it is time to go. The offer he made last year, I want this year.

On a serious note, I don't frequent as much as I should on this site but what is lionaid? I guess I am very uniformed in this regard.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not a new Kool-Aid flavor!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, here it is.

(No subject)
To: globalhunts <globalhunts@aol.com>
Date: Thu, May 10, 2012 11:47 am

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is going to be fun!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Is this response not just a little bit childish? Lowering yourself to the level of someone abusing you for your life choices i thought was beneath you!
I have placed a warning on FB that you intend to share the email of those contacting you with members of this forum. It is their choice then whether they feel strongly enough to still contact you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jolouburn:
Aaron,

Is this response not just a little bit childish? Lowering yourself to the level of someone abusing you for your life choices i thought was beneath you!
I have placed a warning on FB that you intend to share the email of those contacting you with members of this forum. It is their choice then whether they feel strongly enough to still contact you.

I think most were joking about sending nasty e-mails to the poster on Aaron's face book site. Sending e-mails to try to educate the poster in a courteous manner is much more likely and a worth while project from our perspective.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
465:

You are correct. However, don't you find it interesting that they take the "do as I say not as I do" approach.

The e mail to Aaron was ridiculous. I think he should continue to post the addresses of those that e mail him. If Joloburn wants to post a warning on FB, fine. Perhaps it will stop this ridiculous behavior.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jo, I believe we have been through all of this before. Judging by your Lion-Aid page, the childish posting of my website originated from your organization, not myself.

I also don't recall emailing this goofball, with vulgar language and the only rhetoric ever displayed by grossly uneducated anti-hunters, which is personal attacks, name calling, empty threats, and the like. But, considering it's the only argument one has against legal/legit hunting, I guess we can't expect much more.

Your organization ignores the foremost lion experts in the world, to include Dr. Packer, Dr. White, Dr. Begg, Dr. Hunter, etc - who ALL agree that regulated, controlled and selective hunting/harvesting of the African Lion has it's rightful/necessary place in prolonging the longevity of the wild lion. But, like most bleeding heart liberals, your organization chooses to never let facts get in the way of a good cause! A cause driven strictly by emotion, and little else.

When the aforementioned experts (who you know darn good and well i have talked to them all) tell me that the best/only way forward for the lion is to discontinue lion hunting all together, I'll join Lion-Aid and rally for the cause, and that's a promise. Until then, I will champion the factual/scientific - conservation minded efforts for the lion, and you folks can play on the sympathy of the grossly uneducated, blind by choice to the facts, liberals who must have a cause to justify their worth.

Unlike most, I can argue legit points/facts, relate my experience across all of southern/eastern Africa, while spending hundreds of days hunting, observing and even studying the lion with Dr. White (in the field) more so than anyone you could ever find. I've personally seen firsthand the benefits to the lion/ other species in managed/conserved hunting blocks, and I've personally seen what wildlife destruction takes places when a once thriving wildlife population is lost, to encroachment, poaching and the likes. I've witnessed lions killed in snares, have you? I've returned years later to areas that once held lions and other game, only to see hoards of people, and the habitat/wildlife completely gone!

I tried my best to help educate you, regardless of your personal feelings, but your emotion wouldn't allow you to clearly see the facts. When you've spent the past 17 yrs in every single country where the lion still remains in generally good numbers, and have seen what I've seen, then maybe you would have a greater appreciation for my position. Your heart is good, your choice of action however, is blinded by emotion, period!

If you wish to prove me wrong, then get real experts listed above to state clearly, that they whole heartedly agree - lion hunting should be closed all across the African continent, and this will be the way forward for all wild lions. Let me see them say that controlled/legal/conservation minded lion hunting is nothing but a detriment to wild lions, then I'll join your team.

You know, just as I, hunting is what you target, because the real problem is something that will garner you no support. To close hunting, is a much easier feat, than to control millions of Africans, their governments, and their corrupt ways, which all do nothing for the lion other than destroy him, the game he needs, and the environment in which he needs to thrive.

I told you once before, you are invited with me to Africa, and I will show you in person - exactly what I am talking about. You can see, and judge for yourself, what takes place outside of tightly controlled national parks, and the battle that hunter/conservationists are fighting all the time. I'll show you what 150 dead animals look like, loaded up in barrels, headed to town, for the illegal/commercial poaching trade, cause I've seen it with my own two eyes!!! I'll introduce you to Dr. Paula White, and you listen to what she has to say, from a trained scientific expert who has spent the past 7 yrs operating the ZAMBIAN LION PROJECT. A project funded almost exclusively by conservation minded hunting organizations, because they care about the longevity of the lion.

So, it's really up to you and LIONAID. Come and experience it for yourself, or use emotional rhetoric to further your cause? My offer stands.

As I am not on FACEBOOK, I hope you post this message, I really do.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
To this day I am perplexed at the angst towards the few hunters who have the lion as a trophy. Far more lions, cubs and lionesses are killed by poachers and local farmers.

Hunters are clearly defining their rules further and further these days with leaving pride males; aging lions as accurately as possible and paying for gobs of research and habitat improvement (anti poaching). In contrast, time and time again, we see the shrill Anti's and their do nothing but complain and blatantly threaten to take human lives or wish ill will upon a law abiding hunter.

That's not the way to success for lions nor humans who live amongst them, hunt them or those who love an idea created by the media that wildlife should not be hunted.

~Ann

Posts: 19556 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Jo, I believe we have been through all of this before. Judging by your Lion-Aid page, the childish posting of my website originated from your organization, not myself.

I also don't recall emailing this goofball, with vulgar language and the only rhetoric ever displayed by grossly uneducated anti-hunters, which is personal attacks, name calling, empty threats, and the like. But, considering it's the only argument one has against legal/legit hunting, I guess we can't expect much more.

Your organization ignores the foremost lion experts in the world, to include Dr. Packer, Dr. White, Dr. Begg, Dr. Hunter, etc - who ALL agree that regulated, controlled and selective hunting/harvesting of the African Lion has it's rightful/necessary place in prolonging the longevity of the wild lion. But, like most bleeding heart liberals, your organization chooses to never let facts get in the way of a good cause! A cause driven strictly by emotion, and little else.

When the aforementioned experts (who you know darn good and well i have talked to them all) tell me that the best/only way forward for the lion is to discontinue lion hunting all together, I'll join Lion-Aid and rally for the cause, and that's a promise. Until then, I will champion the factual/scientific - conservation minded efforts for the lion, and you folks can play on the sympathy of the grossly uneducated, blind by choice to the facts, liberals who must have a cause to justify their worth.

Unlike most, I can argue legit points/facts, relate my experience across all of southern/eastern Africa, while spending hundreds of days hunting, observing and even studying the lion with Dr. White (in the field) more so than anyone you could ever find. I've personally seen firsthand the benefits to the lion/ other species in managed/conserved hunting blocks, and I've personally seen what wildlife destruction takes places when a once thriving wildlife population is lost, to encroachment, poaching and the likes. I've witnessed lions killed in snares, have you? I've returned years later to areas that once held lions and other game, only to see hoards of people, and the habitat/wildlife completely gone!

I tried my best to help educate you, regardless of your personal feelings, but your emotion wouldn't allow you to clearly see the facts. When you've spent the past 17 yrs in every single country where the lion still remains in generally good numbers, and have seen what I've seen, then maybe you would have a greater appreciation for my position. Your heart is good, your choice of action however, is blinded by emotion, period!

If you wish to prove me wrong, then get real experts listed above to state clearly, that they whole heartedly agree - lion hunting should be closed all across the African continent, and this will be the way forward for all wild lions. Let me see them say that controlled/legal/conservation minded lion hunting is nothing but a detriment to wild lions, then I'll join your team.

You know, just as I, hunting is what you target, because the real problem is something that will garner you no support. To close hunting, is a much easier feat, than to control millions of Africans, their governments, and their corrupt ways, which all do nothing for the lion other than destroy him, the game he needs, and the environment in which he needs to thrive.

I told you once before, you are invited with me to Africa, and I will show you in person - exactly what I am talking about. You can see, and judge for yourself, what takes place outside of tightly controlled national parks, and the battle that hunter/conservationists are fighting all the time. I'll show you what 150 dead animals look like, loaded up in barrels, headed to town, for the illegal/commercial poaching trade, cause I've seen it with my own two eyes!!! I'll introduce you to Dr. Paula White, and you listen to what she has to say, from a trained scientific expert who has spent the past 7 yrs operating the ZAMBIAN LION PROJECT. A project funded almost exclusively by conservation minded hunting organizations, because they care about the longevity of the lion.

So, it's really up to you and LIONAID. Come and experience it for yourself, or use emotional rhetoric to further your cause? My offer stands.

beer

Well said Aaron, may I post this on FB if Jolo doesn't?

And don't bother with the invitations, I already invited a number of these blinkered folk to come and visit. They don't want to see, what would they tell their buddies when they went home? That they were wrong? animal

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
It's scary how uneducated some of these people are and what is really bad is how they ignore the truth when it doesn't serve their purpose. I hope Jolouburn takes you up on your offer Aaron, if not I'll come Wink

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David, please feel free to post it on the LIONAID Facebook page.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Below is the first intelligent message I just got. Man, these folks are really evolved.

Hello Dickhead, just to let you know that the whole planet is going to shut you down. Your life is worth shit so do everyone a favor and suck on your riffle HaHa.

Wow, he is screwed up...the only part he got right was the dickhead! :-) :-) :-)

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs - ya, I thought that too was odd! Maybe he's my neighbor? Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron,

Beneath him? How about tell the loonie toonie fruit loops on your sight not to send hate mail to stranger's email addresses?!?!?!? Make to much sense or not your flavor of crazy?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron,

Is this response not just a little bit childish? Lowering yourself to the level of someone abusing you for your life choices I thought was beneath you!

Jo,

When you cannot argue the facts, attack the person - tired old trick i thought was beneath you. It is telling you would choose to make your attack so personal How about we even up the debate? Please post your phone and address, just like you did Mr. Neilson's.

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, great letter. I would think if any of them were half serious they would take you up on your offer. I wouldn't use up too much energy talking to them much. I don't think they intend to listen and actually learn much.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
Well said, i incouage you to stay above the fray. Im not on Facebook either. I would like to see someone ask the bunny huggers a question.
Before you Jump on mister Nielson, how much money have you spent in africa? How much do you contribute annually to conservation oarganizations? I bet its not the thousands of dollars each lion hunter contributes.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Firstly let's clarify once agaain that Lion Aid is NOT mine. I have no affiliations or connections with them other than i raised some money. It's a registered charity, see for yourselves.
I'll also clarify here for your ease when looking to see if i am connected with Lion Aid that i use jo lou burn for my writing, my actual name is Joanne Louise Burn.
My email address for those that asked is al_jo_burn@yahoo.com and my telephone number is 07903680531. However i will also point out that i did not give Aarons company email, phone number to anyone, i don't write Lion Aids faceboo page. And lets be honest here Aarons details are publically available to anyone who chooses to locate them.

That all said for anyone who does have FB they will have seen that i also commented on the email Aaron copied here. I stated if people wanted to contact him that name calling was out of line and that emails should be constructive.

Aaron,

For the purposes of discussion here my beliefs and yours were irrelevant. I was purely commenting that i thought responding in kind was beneath you and that you were way above that kind of behaviour.

Your offer to show me what its really like on the ground in Africa is one i am extremely grateful for but for the forseeable future i cannot see i will be able to make a trip. We are in the process of buying a new business and as you can imagine hat is eating our funds up. Should we be able to come i will honestly hope to make arrangements to come see you and take you up on your kind offer.

As your response to me has already been posted i'm afraid i cannot fulfill your request there but would have done if i could. One of the more eager 'please Sir, can i do it Sir?' posters did it for you :-)

As for my beliefs on conservation i'm still researching when i can and will sit on the fence for now. Such an important issue cannot be rushed and my decision on where i stand will be an educated, rational one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it important that when we present our arguments for hunting, we do so in an unbiased way.

Right now, we are all stating that hunting is the only source of tourism $$ in African wild spaces which isn't the case of course. I know what you are all trying to say but as has been shown in the past, the Anti's take things literally.

Photographic tourism does pour in millions of $$ into africa too and some of it does go towards supporting law enforcement just like hunting $$. Where hunting $$ are more valuale than photo $$ is in those wildlife areas where photo tourism is not conducive and viable. And there is a bag full of such places still remaining in Africa. That there should be the point we need to make. beer

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:

As for my beliefs on conservation i'm still researching when i can and will sit on the fence for now. Such an important issue cannot be rushed and my decision on where i stand will be an educated, rational one.

The facts and figures have been bandied around for as long as I've been alive...The proof is on the ground. The conservation record of hunters in the US alone should be able to prove the value of hunting in short time to even the simplest of people. Life is short, don't take too long deciding where you stand, make a difference now.

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nicely written and well said. salute

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, as you see above Jo has posted her email/phone number, please be respectful!!! I do believe her heart to be in the right place, besides, although she has frustrated all of us from time to time, I give her more credit than any of the others. She at least tried to see the other side of the coin. I do respect her for the effort.

Bwanamich makes an excellent point too. The photographic industry does/can play a vital role in lion conservation. We are NOT the only ones paying for/fighting for lion conservation. We are however the only ones paying for/fighting for lion conservation in much of Africa's wild hunting blocks. A stronghold of the lion, that cannot be lost.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys, as you see above Jo has posted her email/phone number, please be respectful!!! I do believe her heart to be in the right place, besides, although she has frustrated all of us from time to time, I give her more credit than any of the others. She at least tried to see the other side of the coin. I do respect her for the effort.

Bwanamich makes an excellent point too. The photographic industry does/can play a vital role in lion conservation. We are NOT the only ones paying for/fighting for lion conservation. We are however the only ones paying for/fighting for lion conservation in much of Africa's wild hunting blocks. A stronghold of the lion, that cannot be lost.

beer

Good posts Aaron.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
I find the progression of Lion Aid interesting and predictable. As a new organization a few years back they proclaimend having an "open mind" to the conservation effects of sport trophy hunting.

As time moved (and they weren't getting a whole lot of traction) on they discovered, like all good demagogues, that it is far easier to raise money and motivate people for your cause if you have an enemy. This marks the jump from "whatever is best for wild lions" to "whatever is first best for Lion Aid".

Today you see them regularly attack hunting, hunting outfits, and hunters to keep there own audience spooled up. Our participation in these debates simply works to there advantage by keeping it alive.

LionAid likes to keep a small group of hunters around for this. But if you start making too much sense then you will be retired.

One way to hurt them would be to contact the government ministers that support there sham conference to make sure such a thing doesn't happen again. They can, like any NGO or interested party, get themselves a seat at the table of existing conferences. If they can prove there relevance.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good civil discussion.This may be an internet first.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 11 May 2012 18:01 Hide Post

Aaron:
Have you ever kept a pet snake?.. it will accept to be hand fed, fondled, but for no reason whatsoever will still gives you a nip once in a while Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fujo, I read ya loud and clear.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron
This ones for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBCYxInQToI

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
Aaron
This ones for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBCYxInQToI

Watch the chick on the left in the back do the frug!! My Sister dislocated her knee doing that.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote