THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    This is the kind of sick f#@k we are up against
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is the kind of sick f#@k we are up against
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am sure you have all heard about the recent death of a PH at the hands of a cow elephant. Well, it seems that some antis have somehow managed to get a picture of the deceased under the elephant and are gleefully spreading it all over Facebook. If you care to check it out the link is as follows:

https://www.facebook.com/Deepa...rm-1628891427402739/

One of the culprits appears to be a woman named Lulu Griffin-Wroe. She is not hard to find on Facebook. Just in vase you need help:

https://www.facebook.com/searc...=lulu%20griffin-wroe

I am thinking that we should bombard them with messages. Polite messages mind you.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I reported their post. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Facebook would not take the picture down

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Had a look at this and found that these rabid anti hunters do not seem to have much of a following at all?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
She makes it very clear that she is a vegan. Does she know how many wild animals are yearly killed to ensure that she gets her veggies. They are so uninformed about reality and what it takes to produce their food.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The people who harass hunters will not spend a dime on antipoach work. They dont understand Africa at all..

Ignore them..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not just the picture, it's the comments that follow.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I reported it as well...
This sort of thing is simply not ok.
This person has very few followers but the actual picture and post has been liked by over 5,000 Asshole Antis and liberals...
Facebook monitors are, of course, a bunch of little Snowflakes....

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems this woman had a miserable life.You can see her in one of the pictures.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Facebook would not take the picture down

What was their response? That is did not violate a term? How can images of dead people not be against one of their terms?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is their response:

Thanks for your feedback
Today
Thanks for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the photo you reported and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards.
Please let us know if you see anything else that concerns you. We want to keep Facebook safe and welcoming for everyone.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is their response:

Thanks for your feedback
Today
Thanks for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the photo you reported and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards.
Please let us know if you see anything else that concerns you. We want to keep Facebook safe and welcoming for everyone.

?? holy shit

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an opportunity to let them know if I was happy with the result. I told them I was not happy. I do not remember the exact words but it went something like this:

I find it difficult to comprehend how posting the picture of a man who was just tragically killed by an elephant does not violate community standards. I find this especially hard to believe when the person posting the picture is openly gloating about his death.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Facebook needs to take a SERIOUS look at their Community Standards!!! STAY VIGILANT!!! They need to be BOMBARDED on everyone of the posts like this.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should be obvious that FB Admins are on the side of the Anti-Hunting community and it is tragic events such as this one and the one immediately prior that make their day.
There will be no amount of voicing objection to detailed photos illustrating the incident; their answer was plain for all to read.

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
It should be obvious that FB Admins are on the side of the Anti-Hunting community and it is tragic events such as this one and the one immediately prior that make their day.
There will be no amount of voicing objection to detailed photos illustrating the incident; their answer was plain for all to read.

And that folks is reality in Today's World.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
I also submitted it for review. The more of us that do it the better, we might get a reaction in the end.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
The reply I recived, buch of nuckfuts

Thanks for your feedback
Today
Thanks for letting us know about this. We looked over the photo, and though it doesn't go against one of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. No one should have to feel bullied or harassed on Facebook, and we’re sorry you had this experience.
We know the suggestions below may not apply to every situation, but some people have found them helpful in dealing with offensive or bullying posts:
Remove the person from your Facebook experience. You can learn how to unfriend or block someone in the Help Center.
Don’t retaliate. Most people who post insulting things are looking for a reaction, so not giving them one may discourage this kind of behavior in the future.
Reach out to someone. Ask for help from a close friend, family member or teacher who might understand what you're going through.
If you feel you're in immediate danger, contact your local authorities. You can print or take a screenshot of Facebook posts in case you need to share them later.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
still do not get it that some believe facebook is with us ...

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaco Human:
She makes it very clear that she is a vegan. Does she know how many wild animals are yearly killed to ensure that she gets her veggies. They are so uninformed about reality and what it takes to produce their food.

That's what they're like on the planet Vega.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The picture was removed.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I just got a follow up notice from Facebook that they removed her photo and post in response to my complaint. First message I got was that it was OK. Follow up said upon further review it was removed.

Maybe they actually listened to Larry's comments in response to their first response to him?!

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
I just got a follow up notice from Facebook that they removed her photo and post in response to my complaint. First message I got was that it was OK. Follow up said upon further review it was removed.

Maybe they actually listened to Larry's comments in response to their first response to him?!

With all the lawyers on the forum to chime in:

Could its removal have been for fear of legal repercussions as the photo shows the face of the deceased?

Just asking ....

Posts: 2035 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:

I also made a stink about the photo and suspect there were many others?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Well all the pressure paid off. Thanks to all who complained to FB Bravo.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder if the FB people really understood just what that picture was? It may not have been clear to them as I am betting most of them did not know the story behind the picture.

Just a possibility.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am done with FB and its very biased leanings. As a hunter, conservationist and Zimbabwean living in the States, I was appalled at the post and the comments accompanying it so I deactivated and gave them my reasons why (not that they will miss me but it surely made me feel better). Cheers.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big toms:
I am done with FB and its very biased leanings. As a hunter, conservationist and Zimbabwean living in the States, I was appalled at the post and the comments accompanying it so I deactivated and gave them my reasons why (not that they will miss me but it surely made me feel better). Cheers.

Good approach. I have never understood the fascination of some . . . bordering on an almost obsession in some cases . . . with Facebook.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:

In my opinion (and likely mine alone)I believe that hunters posting pictures up on FB is nothing but self promotion. I don't think anyone here would argue that it furthers our sport, help our cause or makes us any friends.

I see absolutely no upside to posting hunting pictures up, ANYWHERE on the internet. The only exception is on a private page, which I am a member of a couple.

I've made the argument here on AR several times that I think this site should go private, make it a pay site. Saeed then could take all the membership fees and donate them to a like minded hunter based conservation group.

How many times have we seen photos posted here, used to our own detriment on anti's sites?

Anyone can see my pictures on my FB page. It's only fishing pictures and updates on a 66 Chevelle I'm building. I have the discipline to NOT put stuff up I know for a fact will draw fire to me or my family.

But, that ship has sailed and it likely doesn't matter at this point.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to wonder if the FB people really understood just what that picture was? It may not have been clear to them as I am betting most of them did not know the story behind the picture.

Just a possibility.

Facebook probably has billions of images posted daily.

First round culling of images is probably done by an algo.

I doubt the humans after the algo cut doing the review even understood what the image or protest was about.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by medved:

In my opinion (and likely mine alone)I believe that hunters posting pictures up on FB is nothing but self promotion. I don't think anyone here would argue that it furthers our sport, help our cause or makes us any friends.

I see absolutely no upside to posting hunting pictures up, ANYWHERE on the internet. The only exception is on a private page, which I am a member of a couple.

I've made the argument here on AR several times that I think this site should go private, make it a pay site. Saeed then could take all the membership fees and donate them to a like minded hunter based conservation group.

How many times have we seen photos posted here, used to our own detriment on anti's sites?

Anyone can see my pictures on my FB page. It's only fishing pictures and updates on a 66 Chevelle I'm building. I have the discipline to NOT put stuff up I know for a fact will draw fire to me or my family.

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, but your ship has sailed a few times now! shocker clap beer

In reality you are correct, more so when the pictures are of the MegaFauna, Elephant/Lion/Rhino and Leopard.

Our time and ways of doing things has grown unacceptable for so many people. It is sad, but all good things can and do come to an end as human concepts on such things change.

We have lived thru a time that will never be seen again.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not know what is right and best for hunters in the long term but I have a certain respect for an individual who goes hunting and shares his pictures with other hunters regardless of the consequences.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazyhores: If we are so beaten and time has passed us by, and there is no hope why don't you just give up and leave?

I am sick and tired of the surrender to pacify movement. I believe strongly in ethical sport hunting p. I will not shy from calling out unethical practices.

However, I will not shy away from the personal enjoyment of a good hunt, nor stop telling and feeding any non or anti hunter that I can of the good ethical sport hunting provides to game and habitat from squirrels to elephants.

I will never apologize for good shot placement and game killed well.

Why don't you post some game photos you have taken in the last year or so? Do you even hunt anymore? Instead all your post are nothing but antihunter apologizes.

Again, why don't you leave? If you are so damn sure we are defeated.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't give up. I fight the bastards every chance I get.

I do agree with Steve. The internet has not been our friend. Unwise use of it has really been bad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Shores: I did not take your/this post as part of the surrender to pacify movement. I take Crazyhorse's post to be. Everytime any discussion like this comes up he is one of the beating the drum of surrender to pacify.

I think such post on a thread like this to be in bad taste especially.

Here are som hunting centered actions from me: 1) we have to get off of outdoor and Sportsmans channel with our message. The best content or NRA commericals do not mean anything if only like minded hunters see it. YouTube and Facebook have to be central to reaching a larger audience. I know YouTube funding issue, well NRA put funding and content in the gap.

2) I loved my experience at DSC, but again only hunters are there. Local chapters are going to have to go into semi rural and urban state centers and host debates. I would focus on college and high school campuses with department biology on board for town hall style debates editorials in statewide newspapers. Sport hunted food drives/donations in these urban centers.

No one asked for my ideas, but there they are. My small undergraduate history department did an outreach with Appalachian high schools. One professor,a Ph.D. prepared a 1 hour lecture on history of miltary small arms develop. He brought small arms from the Brown Bess up to the FN Fal. These weapons were completely made inoperable for the lecture (locks, firepins, etc). No students wanted to even touch them. I am only 28, my "generation" would have been all over that. These kids from my regional/socioeconomic group were terrified.

How many of you were inspired by Hemmingway, Rurak, JA Hunter, even PHC. I was exposed to them at regular book stores in malls. We would go to Knoxville to by clothes once a year and I would read these classics in the mall bookstore. Now, they are not there, they are not in school libraries. Even, we do not engage in concentrated effort outside of this website and traditional outdoor media. The next gen up will only hear the message of those who this post identified.

I see no good, or use in Crazyhores mind set. Therefore, I have no use for him. He and others can choose to have no use for me. But, a man turned away is not fit to touch the plow. Some commercial entites are getting the hint. I saw a Glock commercial on my local CBS affiliate last night.

Posts: 12072 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Mr. Shores: I did not take your/this post as part of the surrender to pacify movement. I take Crazyhorse's post to be. Everytime any discussion like this comes up he is one of the beating the drum of surrender to pacify.

I think such post on a thread like this to be in bad taste especially.

Here are som hunting centered actions from me: 1) we have to get off of outdoor and Sportsmans channel with our message. The best content or NRA commericals do not mean anything if only like minded hunters see it. YouTube and Facebook have to be central to reaching a larger audience. I know YouTube funding issue, well NRA put funding and content in the gap.

2) I loved my experience at DSC, but again only hunters are there. Local chapters are going to have to go into semi rural and urban state centers and host debates. I would focus on college and high school campuses with department biology on board for town hall style debates editorials in statewide newspapers. Sport hunted food drives/donations in these urban centers.

No one asked for my ideas, but there they are. My small undergraduate history department did an outreach with Appalachian high schools. One professor,a Ph.D. prepared a 1 hour lecture on history of miltary small arms develop. He brought small arms from the Brown Bess up to the FN Fal. These weapons were completely made inoperable for the lecture (locks, firepins, etc). No students wanted to even touch them. I am only 28, my "generation" would have been all over that. These kids from my regional/socioeconomic group were terrified.

How many of you were inspired by Hemmingway, Rurak, JA Hunter, even PHC. I was exposed to them at regular book stores in malls. We would go to Knoxville to by clothes once a year and I would read these classics in the mall bookstore. Now, they are not there, they are not in school libraries. Even, we do not engage in concentrated effort outside of this website and traditional outdoor media. The next gen up will only hear the message of those who this post identified.

I see no good, or use in Crazyhores mind set. Therefore, I have no use for him. He and others can choose to have no use for me. But, a man turned away is not fit to touch the plow. Some commercial entites are getting the hint. I saw a Glock commercial on my local CBS affiliate last night.

I rarely will step up and defend someone who is completely capable of defending himself. However, CHC is a solid guy, he may come off to you as "defeatist" I think he is only pointing out the many holes we are sportsman have dug for ourselves.

I agree with much of what he says.

You, being 28 CANNOT have seen the changes that us older fellows have. I am 56 and have been hunting my entire life and internationally since 1998. The changes I myself have seen in those 19 years are remarkable.

Difficulty in travel
Difficulty in traveling with firearms
Difficulty in acquiring gun permits overseas
Difficulty in trophy shipping

Attitude of people whom don't hunt
Attitudes of even those that do hunt

There was a time, not so long ago that admitting you've killed a Lion or an Elephant was "interesting" to most folks and you weren't looked at like a child molester. Now, we'd best just keep it to ourselves.

Hell, I was talking just last week to a customer of mine who noticed a tattoo on my arm of a Bongo. The conversation led to Elephants. He was interested and fine with it. Another guy who was sitting there waiting on his stuff wasn't. I wasn't in a good mood and basically asked the guy what the FUCK, he even knew about Elephants conservation or hunting in Africa in general.

He admitted he didn't know shit. He left a bit pissed but so what. He can kiss my ass, I own the place and don't need his business.

We are not, cannot and will not ever win in the court of public opinion on this.

Our politicians only care about re-election. Can you name one single politician that would choose to defend killing Elephant within his constituency? There just isn't enough of us anymore.

I get your passion, I appreciate your passion. But aren't you yourself dividing us by your attack on CHC?

Besides, Randall is a good man, feel like I've known him my entire life, yet have never met him.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's full of piss and vinegar...nothing wrong with that. Who here wasn't when they were 28? What he may lack in sxperisnce he makes up in fight.

I like that...

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
LHeym500 is a solid fellow. Polite and respectful, passionate about hunting and shooting. Normally it is the youngster that can learn a thing or two from the older guy . . . in this case, not so much.

Mike

Posts: 21684 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure it does. If an Anti questions one of my images I give them BOTH BARRELS on the REASON Hunters are the TRUE CONSERVATIONIST and they BACK RIGHT DOWN!!!