Find
Notify
Tools

New hunting magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted
I stopped by our local hunting association offices this morning and saw a nicely presented magazine called African Outfitter lying on the counter.
It is edited by Mauritz Coetzee from the Big Bore forum and association here in SA in conjunction with Herman Jonker and Ronnie Rowland.
It is a really well put together glossy mag with some excellent articles and pics for the african hunting afficianado.
It looks like they issue 6 copies a year and I have looked at the first 2.
the web details are www.africanoutfitter.com

No, I don't have any connection to them other than I have known Mauritz for awhile and he played this so close to the chest I did not know about it until I saw the copies this morning.

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
How do you subscribe?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Bulldog,
sorry, I see the site is still under construction. The subs are $45 per annum and you can contact neels@africanoutfitter.com according to the form in the feb/march issue

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I notice that the director of the publication is a van der Walt. Any relation to Pierre van der Walt who wrote the Big Bore Cartridge Load Collection?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Wink,
Pierre is involved with the Aim Shot show in RSA, and it takes up pretty much of his time. I know him reasonably well and he is not involved in the publishing bussiness as far as I know.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Jaco, could it be a family member of Pierre's?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
I picked up a copy in the SAPS office in Jo`Burg.. Maybe I should have paid for it, but I thought I earned it after the "new" paperwork-BS.. Smiler
Interesting reading indeed!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Wink,
All the van der Walts are in a way relatives. My wife is also a van der Walt. A single van der Walt arrived in Cape town in 1727. The van der Walts is one of the biggest family names in RSA.

I will give Pierre a call and find out for you.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Wink,
Just spoken to Pierre. He his not family of the other van der Walt.

Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com