Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt reports
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Might as well thrash it out here rather than constantly impinge on the thread of others.

I will start - What really pisses me off is a report in which the hunter has been completely misrepresented. Whether he does not know his arse from his elbow.

And those operators who get first timers to shoot all their shit.

Hunts sold by trail cam.

Also 'I have a big Lion that has broken into the skinning shed....'

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Arse and elbow…noted

Lion? any pictures? lol

Is this a callout thread?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3558 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Arse and elbow…noted

Lion? any pictures? lol

No mate but a good opportunity to vent our differences and hopefully a good pissing match.

Now where is Frosbit and Shakari when you need them?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Arse and elbow…noted

Lion? any pictures? lol

No mate but a good opportunity to vent our differences and hopefully a good pissing match.

I believe Jim is moving a lion about his home.

Shakari is learning Portuguese.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3558 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photos of lion?

Got suckered on 1st trips... chaulked it up to being a newbie. And kept hunting. But never recommended those guy.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Arse and elbow…noted

Lion? any pictures? lol

Sounds like a really bad Vegas act.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Might as well thrash it out here rather than constantly impinge on the thread of others.

I will start - What really pisses me off is a report in which the hunter has been completely misrepresented. Whether he does not know his arse from his elbow.

Hunts sold by trail cam.

I would add a booking agent who on his website says he has 15 years booking experience with outfitter and specializes in moneyback sci trophy book quality hunts, who cannot tell the difference between a wild lion hunt and a put and take hunt.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Hunts sold by trail cam.

I would add a booking agent who on his website says he has 15 years booking experience with outfitter and specializes in moneyback sci trophy book quality hunts, who cannot tell the difference between a wild lion hunt and a put and take hunt.

Mike

Yikes Eeker

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Hunts sold by trail cam.

Mike

Sounds like a perfect candidate for an SCI Best Outfitter Of The Year Award!

Bloody hell, who would have thought a money back guarantee on being in one of SCI Glorious Silly Circles?

Does he only cater for Wall Street Crooks only or does he also have time to offer his services to wannabes too? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good to know your web crawler is still working to alert you to any posts that reference SCI so that you can weigh in with meaningless anti-SCI banter.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Good to know your web crawler is still working to alert you to any posts that reference SCI so that you can weigh in with meaningless anti-SCI banter.

Mike,

What is so meaningless?

How many SCI PH Of The Year winners turned out to be crooks?

Wouldn't SCI give an award to an outfitter who GUARANTEES one of their LOOK WHAT A GREAT HUNTER I AM crowd?

How are they going to add and fill all those utterly stupid and meaningless CIRCLES then? rotflmo

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hunts sold by trail cam.

So are you trying to everyone that it's NOT a Honda dirt bike you have in camp but really a Yamaha? Oh now I'm pissed. Wink

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I often put up cameras around camp just to see what is around. Found this bad boy lying up on my lawn. I can confirm he is at least seven years old. What do you think Aaron?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
First canned Lion and now Thatch lion Mad what next...

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:

Just wait until SCI makes an INNER CIRCLE for Thatch lion!

They will be in great demand.

I won't be surprised that a new industry springs up in South Africa - THE CANNED THATCHED LION OUTFITTERS ASSOCIATION! GUARANTEED SCI INNER CIRCLE THATCHED LIONS! clap

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I won't be surprised that a new industry springs up in South Africa - THE CANNED THATCHED LION OUTFITTERS ASSOCIATION! GUARANTEED SCI INNER CIRCLE THATCHED LIONS! clap

Doubt we'll hear about it on here since no one would have the balls to put up a hunt report. stir

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
quote:

Doubt we'll hear about it on here since no one would have the balls to put up a hunt report. stir

You are dead right my friend.

Those sort of "hunters" don't like an open forum like AR.

They prefer a closed "circle" with like minded people clap

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
And I thought we had no thatch skinning and trophy sheds in South Africa..... I thought we all had proper brick and concrete sheds. Although I hear of thatch buildings getting broken into by lions in other parts of Africa ....stir

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess it's time for me to put a hunt report on AR.

Here goes.

Caught this one on game camera. It had broken into the high fence and eaten several workers. Good thing I happened to be there on a 4 day impala cull hunt and was able to sort it out for the staff and professional hunters. Poor bastards wouldn't know what to do with themselves if I hadn't been there with my new Ruger American in .243....

In any case we ran into a spot of bother in the long grass.
My PH sorted it out and we all went home happy.

The end.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
That is the prettiest PH I have ever seen!

I wish her all the best in her chosen profession! beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
surestrike--- well done!!! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:

tu2

Jan Dumon
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:

Here goes.

Caught this one on game camera. It had broken into the high fence and eaten several workers. Good thing I happened to be there on a 4 day impala cull hunt and was able to sort it out for the staff and professional hunters. Poor bastards wouldn't know what to do with themselves if I hadn't been there with my new Ruger American in .243....

The end.

Cherrio old boy…Simply brilliant!!

Cheers!

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew - there is no way I can age that Lion! Help!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not often that you see a PH in full up Barbie kit.... Big Grin

Thank you for the kind words Saeed.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here goes.

The end.

This is not supposed to be funny.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:

You need to come quick as he bothering my wife's cat. We will walk him up in the traditional way.

Can do this over half a day including vehicle transfers and accommodation. Dip & pack will be by registered post.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Here goes.

The end.

This is not supposed to be funny.

This was deadly serious....Did you not see the lion charging in the photo!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:

You need to come quick as he bothering my wife's cat. We will walk him up in the traditional way.

Can do this over half a day including vehicle transfers and accommodation. Dip & pack will be by registered post.

Orvar- Sounds like you better grab this deal fast buddy tu2

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
popcorn

horse

diggin

sofa

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Saeed, better check on Shakari, he would not want to miss a chance to take a turn with you in flogging SCI.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Saeed, better check on Shakari, he would not want to miss a chance to take a turn with you in flogging SCI.

Remember van Der Mullen?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remember van Der Mullen?

First they sucked up to him and when the moment was ripe gave them all a royal shafting - serves them bloody right!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the gory details of what he did?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
donated a bunch of high ticket plains game hunt in RSA for 4-6 people including a boat load of animals included. then disappeared (after collecting his money) supposedly on a flight from TZ back to RSA. plane was never located. left his brother holding the bag. IIRC several hundred thousand dollars was involved( the scam took place of 2-3 years). cost SCI a bundle in refunds to hunters left hanging.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
donated a bunch of high ticket plains game hunt in RSA for 4-6 people including a boat load of animals included. then disappeared (after collecting his money) supposedly on a flight from TZ back to RSA. plane was never located. left his brother holding the bag. IIRC several hundred thousand dollars was involved( the scam took place of 2-3 years). cost SCI a bundle in refunds to hunters left hanging.

J$:

And quite a few not-so-cheap TZ hunts AND a shitload of unpaid trophies; clients were fully paid up but the TZ Game Dept. never saw a penny and blocked the export of the trophies.

Not sure if SCI refunded the affected TZ hunters but eventually rescued the situation, after considerable pressure I guess, by doing what it does best (think that one out for yourselves) and the clients eventually got their trophies (in what state or condition is unknown).

It is widely believed that the perpetrator of this foul deed is alive and well, enjoying a state of early retirement (under a different ID maybe?) Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hunts sold by trail cam.

The operators should be taken to task in these instances, by their peers as well as by their associations and governing bodies. Unfortunately, it seems that the paying hunters always get the brunt of the criticism from the internet lynch mob and the true bad guys keep on doing what they do, by hook or crook.

I was traveling one time and ran into a guy that was over the moon about the cattle killing lions that came over from Botswana, swam the river, jumped the high fence, and began causing all manner of havoc with the South African operator's high dollar plains game animals. He was called on to kill two MGM-esque lions and did so with great pleasure, adding considerable excitement to his 5 or 7 day PG hunt. Nothing was said about the money, but I'd wager there was an upgrade paid.

I had about six safaris under my belt at that time, and I had a pretty good feeling about what happened. But who was I to rain on his parade? If he hunts long enough, he will realize what happened and he will be much wiser for it. In the interim, there's no telling how many more lions "came across" and met their demise as targets of opportunity. None of that would have changed if I told the poor 'oke that he'd been hoodwinked.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
+1

There's also no telling how many captive bred SA lions ended up in Botswana ( or other Southern African countries ).

Jan Dumon
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those Botswana lions must swim more than dolphins! And they always seem to swim to South Africa???

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote