Give up the dream???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
First time I went to Africa.

Booked a a hunt on short term from Klinebergers in Seattle, Washing, as I was visiting Boeing.

Bought second hand rifles, a Ruger M77 in 25-06 and a Remington Safari in 375 H&H.

Klinebergers offered to have the rifles shipped for me to Zimbabwe with another hunter.

No paperwork, no questions asked.

Went back to Dubai, then England, then to Zimbabwe.

At the Vic Falls airport, found my rifles in a case OUTSIDE the customs office.

It was that simple.

Then, for many years, I could ship my rifles and ammo ahead to Zimbabwe, number of rifles, and quantity of ammo was irrelevant.

Cases of shotgun and 22 ammo were shipped.

No one bothered asking any questions.

Now, your ammo has to be weighed, your rifles have to be checked, for serial number, and looked through the barrel to see they are actually empty.

Honestly, this happened in Tanziania.

Apparently some idiot came back from his safari, and when asked if his 375 H&H rifles was empty, he pointed the barrel up and pulled the trigger.

BANG it went.

Told you some people have no business being around guns!

From second hand factory rifles, to custom rifles and custom bullets, made at home.

I will go as long as I am able health wise.

73 years old, in relatively very good health, but one never knows how long one has left.

Hopefully me and Don will be able to celebrate our 100th birthday together! clap

How times have changed.

Reading this made me think of the "Horn of the Hunter" movie/documentary where they are boarding the Lockheed Constellation with their rifles on their shoulders.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Airport personnel are not the brightest stars when it comes to firearms.

I have MTM boxes - just replaced by home made ones on 3D printer! clap

The MTMs were a bit tight with fired cases, and I always take my old ones back to be reloaded.

At the customs going back, they asked if I had ammo in the boxes.

I told them no, they were all empty.

The man wasn't going to take my word.

So he gets an MTM box out, and tries to get am empty case out of it.

He did that and look at the open mouth of the case, then tried putting it back.

I have no idea idea why, but as my daughter always tells me "don't talk to them DAD!"

I asked him if he was looking for the bullets.

He said yes.

By this time he has already put the empty back.

I said sometimes they get stuck inside, you have to shake the it to make sure nothing falls out.

He proceeded to pull every empty in that box, shake it, and put it back!

I had an extremely hard time keeping quiet!

My daughter was right, I should have kept quiet!

I know, it is very hard to believe, but I have been in situations where common sense seems to have been forgotten!

Saeed,

I suggest you start a "good old days" thread and tell us stories. They always crack me up.

My similar event to yours with the spent brass actually happened in Dubai when Joyce and I stopped to visit on our way to Zim & Moz in 2015.

I used a Tuffpak to carry my double and Joyce's 7 x 57. Unfortunately the baggage handlers on Emirates thought it was a golf case so it came out on the carousal.

I tried to find an Emerites representative because I knew I should not take possession of the firearms.

Finally we gave up and took the case to the airport police office ourselves. Since we took possession we were held in the office for 90 minutes and given tea and water while the situation was settled.

They had me open the Tuffpak and when they saw the beautifully engraved Army Navy double a call went out on their radio and one by one officers arrived to "inspect" the firearm.

One young officer decided to look more official and asked to see the ammunition so he could also inspect it.

The 450 NE were handholds and in a plastic case but Joyce's ammo was factory Sellier & Bellot in a factory box. When the young officer opened the box all twenty rounds fell on the floor. The room went silent. He looked up at his older compadres and kelt down organizing the ammo into a neat lineup acting as if he planned to have this happen.

The smile on Joyce's face was priceless.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I had them weigh my arrows……

Mind you, not the broadbands as they were in a box next to them. Didn’t have the desire to explain it. But she was happy she had her arrow weight…

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
I posted this in 2009 and just found it again. My favorite writer, Gene Hill, captured his feelings about Africa very well.

A little story by Gene Hill on remembering Africa (I have posted this before, but I enjoy reading it over and over)-

Unpacking Some Memories of Africa
By Gene Hill

Just about this time of year, a few years back, I was happily packing for Africa. After I got home I never really unpacked. I played at staying ready to return at a moment’s notice. I kept a few things in my little tin trunk and a lot of things in my heart. But now that my part of Africa is closed t hunting, I guess I might as well shake out most of the things I put away.

I wish I could tell you about the dawns and sunsets, but I can’t. I could attempt to describe the colors of the sky, the ways the light shifted from dark olive to orange to yellow to blue-white, and the way the air went from bone cold to suffocatingly hot, but I can’t really do them justice. I can close my and see the colors change, but I lose the intensity when I open them.

What I would like you to hear most are the sound of mourning—a pair of shrikes, a male and a female, calling so melodiously to each other that you cry from the beauty of it. The baboons setting up an early leopard watch with their angry, vicious backing. And until the morning heat sends everything into a modest quiet, the rising susurrus of sounds: an animal newspaper with everybody reading items aloud to everyone else.

And the n evening comes on and the sun hangs there just the way Cezanne would want it to, framing a perfect acacia tree so long you’d think it was stuck. Then suddenly it’s dark and the night orchestra tunes up: one animal small-talking to others of its kind; another just bragging and shouting; others still going about their nightly business of getting supper and rounding up the kids.

But, as I said, I can’t do it justice and I won’t try. I can’t even get across to you one of the things that I still dream about. It’s a simple thing to say but something else to feel all around you. It’s space, or distance, or horizons, and it’s really no one of these things—it’s all of them; it’s Africa.

Perhaps more than anything I liked riding up in the back of the hunting truck with the trackers, trying each other’s tobacco and snuff. You’d look out in front as the truck topped a hill, and there was Africa everywhere—and you’d smile because that was just what it ought to be. You’d runt around and there it was, even more of it, all spread out behind you. And no one was there, except for a few Masai or Wakambas who you didn’t see unless you went looking, or got on one of the real roads—the kind that didn’t have trees and brush growing up in the middle.

Off in the distance you’d almost always see something: a band of ostriches, giraffes, oryx, zebras, gazelles, or—where we were—rhinos. It was an experience just being there, being part of Africa, part of something so right, so big, so exactly what could never get enough of that I didn’t want the truck to ever stop. In my mind we just keep driving on and around forever… Katheka and Josie and me, poking each other in the ribs whenever we see something, or chucking a little snuff under our lip to make spit. Together we form a kind of Africa Flying Dutchman.

I can’t really explain how this vastness drew something out of me, rid me of some emotional paralysis and made me feel as free and as natural a part of that landscape as the Masai or the oryx or the impala. But I have never been happier.

Another of the memories I didn’t want to unpack was of lunch time: cold meat from yesterday’s supper, maybe a kidney or a Tommy liver, along with a chop or two, some sardines, a fresh-baked bread, and a semi-warm bottle of Tusker beer. I’d lie on my back and watch the clouds play through the leaves of fever trees, or the giant figs. I’d watch the weaver birds in their sort of upside down nests, or the blue rollers doing their aerial chandelles. Then I’d sleep in the heat until Josie work me up for a cup of tea, and we’d be off again, sailing over the sea of Africa.

In the evening, or more often well after dark, we’d spot our campfires and begin wondering what we’d have for supper, what the others had seen or shot, and whether to have a scotch or a gin. At camp a huge fire would be warming our canvas chairs. We’d have a quick drink and chat about the shooting, and then a hot bucket shower, clean clothes, a down jacket, and on or two more drinks before dinner.

It was always early to bed, snuggled under three or four blankets, wish-dreaming like a child for tomorrow’s lesser kudu or a better than 40-inch oryx. The now-familiar night sounds were a touch of home. It was always a great temptation, now and then indulged, to sit up and listen until the small hours and marvel that even the fire smelled like nothing else but Africa.

I would be up early with the ripping sound of my tent zipper being opened by one of the kitchen men bringing me my pot of tea. He’d light the gas lantern as he left so I could see to dress and shave. Then I’d have 15 minutes or so to lie in bed and drink my tea before getting up. No king ever enjoyed such luxury more!

Then breakfast: oatmeal, more tea, toast, and bacon. Afterwards I’d check the rifles and ammo and be off into the chill of a 6 o’clock African morning, my fluting shrikes going slightly off-key in the cold and dark. I would have given anything to be able to whistle just well enough to join them for a minute, but was never tempted enough to risk spoiling it.

A day’s note from the most inadequate diary typically reads: “Morning hunt was a five-hour walk. Perfect day to see top of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Cannot believe I am camped virtually on a side of it. Never want to go home. Watched four kongoni who seem to be practicing sharp turns. Shepherd’s pie for supper. Up tomorrow at five as usual. A lovely day.”

My lovely days went into a notebook with a few words designed more to job the memory than to attempt to capture the uncapturable. There are little notes like, “Saw fourteen fine heads of different species today: rhino, elephant, eland, lesser kudu, etc., etc.” Already I’d gotten too blasé to finish the note. But now I remember some of the others: cheetah, a pride of five that we literally stepped on and flushed, like so many brown-spotted, golden, land-bound birds; a red-maned lion that was far too elegant to shoot—and too smart to come to our bait for a closer look: a leopard at mid-morning that sat a half-mile distant and coldly stared into my eyes until I flinched and looked away.

There are those who will go back without a rifle, but I am not one of them… no yet. I like to hunt. I like to stalk, the tracking mystery, the shot, and the skinning. I suppose I could go without shooting, but that’s a decision I can only make with the legal rifle in my hand. I want both the right to shoot and the privilege of not doing so. I could see Kenya again without my heavy rifles—but I couldn’t experience it.

What I ought to do is keep my tin trunk packed, after cleaning out the despair and the regret, with a fresh notebook and a new pen. Add a box or so of .375’s, my old walking shoes, some fresh chewing tobacco and snuff, and a few pictures to show Josie and Katheka when I get back.

An artist once said that his eyes were stuck to a point and would bleed if he turned away, Just so, my heart has been pierced by the turning of Africa, and bleeds for it.

Ross, thanks for posting this. As a young man, Gene Hill was one of my two favorite authors (Robert Ruark being the other). Reading his words took me back to a special week in October of 1985 when I was delighted to be part of a group hunt hosted by Gene & Marcia Hill, not in Africa, but Scotland for highlands Red Stags. My wife and I were in our twenties and everyone else in the group was old enough to be our parents or grandparents. Evenings talking birdshooting with Gene are still wonderful memories. Thanks for posting what you did and bringing those fond memories back so vividly.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]

You could pray!

Dear God.
You gave me childhood.
You took it away.

You gave youth.
You took it away.

You gave me a wife.

It’s been years now.
Just reminding you. clap

Saeed: If I can manage to outlive my wife, I'll always remember this saying.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
77 years old. 25 safaris. 35+ buffalo. Last one this past June. Have one more trip left in me. Going this May. That will be it. Memories.

Formally Bwana1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brec:
77 years old. 25 safaris. 35+ buffalo. Last one this past June. Have one more trip left in me. Going this May. That will be it. Memories.

Sounds like a life well lived Brec! Enjoy your last safari and good luck.
Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reading that description of Kenya hunting before the ban takes me back to 1975 and chasing buffalo on the slopes of Mt Kenya with Bunny and David Allen. Attitudes were so different then. I look at a black bushbuck on the wall from the bamboo thickets at the top of the airstrip near the park headquarters. We showed him to the deputy warden at his home when we made a social stop. He asked where we got him. "At the top of the airstrip." He laughed and told us that the park boundary was at the bottom of the airstrip.!
Wall space does become an issue. I built a new trophy room six years ago and it is much too small.
When my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer we started planning a new house (with a bigger trophy room) just to give her an interest and something to look forward to. It has taken a year to get planning permission and the foundation work starts this week. She won't get to live in it but it doesn't matter. It is her house.
A hunt I paid for in full in Uganda in 2020, delayed by covid and cancer now can't take place this year because they are full up.
When I am no longer a full time nurse I think I will contact Andrew Baldry and see what he can offer. While we all sympathise with poor CME on not getting his money back yet, the attacks on Mr Baldry have deteriated to unreasonable malice. African hunting will not be improved by destroying the small operators. My contract will be with him though, not some third party!

Posts: 295 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:
Reading that description of Kenya hunting before the ban takes me back to 1975 and chasing buffalo on the slopes of Mt Kenya with Bunny and David Allen. Attitudes were so different then. I look at a black bushbuck on the wall from the bamboo thickets at the top of the airstrip near the park headquarters. We showed him to the deputy warden at his home when we made a social stop. He asked where we got him. "At the top of the airstrip." He laughed and told us that the park boundary was at the bottom of the airstrip.!
Wall space does become an issue. I built a new trophy room six years ago and it is much too small.
When my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer we started planning a new house (with a bigger trophy room) just to give her an interest and something to look forward to. It has taken a year to get planning permission and the foundation work starts this week. She won't get to live in it but it doesn't matter. It is her house.
A hunt I paid for in full in Uganda in 2020, delayed by covid and cancer now can't take place this year because they are full up.
When I am no longer a full time nurse I think I will contact Andrew Baldry and see what he can offer. While we all sympathise with poor CME on not getting his money back yet, the attacks on Mr Baldry have deteriated to unreasonable malice. African hunting will not be improved by destroying the small operators. My contract will be with him though, not some third party!

a proper post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by the Pom:

a proper post

+1

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
The Klineburger's Taxidermy and Outfitting Store, and later booking agency, was in my back yard during my college years, and they really took good care of me, a corduroy Bush Jacket was the first thing I bought. Later in the Northwest Chapter SCI, Chris, Colleen, and son Kent, brother Gene were members and a bunch of other very prolific hunters, Schwablands, Cotten, Papac, Boysen, Sulack, Warnock... on and on... all gone now, except great friend Dr. Jerry Warnock, mid-80s hunting Pakistan as I write this!!GREAT MENTORS!! but...how did I get so old... 80 in April, and I am camped at home recovering from back surgery, thankfully that didn't jump up and bite me on a hunt I was planning with wither Alan Vincent, or Pierre Von Tonder, we had dates in hand... my partner couldn't commit... so here I am, No Selous!!

My trophy room is full, and my wife reminds me of it semi-annually... "you need to start downsizing... it floats down the Bay if you leave it to me to dispose of!!"

I am bummed about turning 80... but talk of 100th Birthday gives me hope... my dad lived to 92 as did both Grandfathers, and Grandmothers!!

My partner sent me a note when I was moaning about 80:
You still have a lot of good miles in you. That age business is just numbers
to be ignored. You are on the road to recovery, albeit a depressing one with
some near term inconveniences. There are great times ahead. When we turn 80
we start thinking about the end - we all do. It's a reality, but one that
can strike at any time from birth on. So, don't think about it and the
number. Don't live as our culture expects us to act at our age; just live.
And don't start knocking on Heaven's Door..... Give me that stuff about
vision and foresight and that's what you get back :-).

Very Great Thoughts, DAVE!!

My wife is a highly skilled and practiced, Registered Nurse, 3 Masters Degrees, including Nurse Practitioner... nearly a Doc!! She cares for me well, and she loves to join me on safaris. We have over 1000 days at sea, cruising the world, 2 full Circumnavigations, more coming with a circumnavigation of Africa... yes, I plan some hop off, hop back on hunts, focus on the Tiny 10, 5 to go!! She advises that everyone has a built in Sand Egg Timer, when the Sand all runs down, Time's Up!!... only problem is, we don't have vision into this timer, YET!! Most Docs say that all the "stuff" you do to eat healthy, drink lightly, and exercise well... probably won't affect your life by 6 Months!!

I have two, new to me, spectacular double rifles, 450-400 3" and 375 Flanged Mag, and a 416 Rigby Bolt gun that need to be Blooded!! I missed my Moose hunt in October where I had planned to shoot the 375 Flanged Mag, nope!!... my partner went in my shoes and took a bigger Moose than I have taken on all hunts since 1968, then he died two weeks ago, 61!!

I have done 15 trips to Africa, 19 hunting safaris, 3 cruising, 2 no hunting, last one 2 safaris and a photo safari at the end of the last cruise 2020, ending in Capetown. 94-day cruise, Auckland, NZ to Capetown and 10 more days in Africa... a full circuit around the world!! My wife had a ball, wants to go back to Hunters Hill with the Rhinos and Cape Buffalo inside the lodge complex!! I completed the SCI African 29 with Roan and #16 SCI Aoudad.... so BIG 5, Dangerous 7....

I want to shoot a few more Buff, but frankly, $5000 trophy fees, pisses me off!!... not that I can't afford it!! I also want to hunt Tuskless Elephant, I took a fantastic old lone Bull Elephant with John Sharp in 1994...a SCI #3 Buff in Botswana with John Northcote, 1984. I have had to cancel West Africa twice due to terrorism, I still want that LD Eland, and the little Buff out West...

We can afford it, just less to leave to Charity... so YES, I AM STILL GOING TO HUNT AFRICA... AS OFTEN AS I CAN, BETWEEN CRUISES!! I have limited my gun collecting to Buy one Sell Two limitations....

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
quote:
"you need to start downsizing... it floats down the Bay if you leave it to me to dispose of!!"

That comment made me laugh out loud! Excellent!

Good post too btw

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

She is SERIOUS!! We only live 15 feet from salt water with 15-foot tides and good currents!! It is closer to the water, than 100feet up the stairs, and sidewalks to the truck in the driveway!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2561 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have done 15 trips to Africa, 19 hunting safaris, 3 cruising, 2 no hunting, last one 2 safaris and a photo safari at the end of the last cruise 2020, ending in Capetown. 94-day cruise, Auckland, NZ to Capetown and 10 more days in Africa... a full circuit around the world!! My wife had a ball, wants to go back to Hunters Hill with the Rhinos and Cape Buffalo inside the lodge complex!! I completed the SCI African 29 with Roan and #16 SCI Aoudad.... so BIG 5, Dangerous 7....

quote:

You must have a wealth of photographs that you could share with AR?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dogcat: That is one hell of a story by Gene Hill!

This really encapsulates why I want to hunt more of the wild places in Africa while I can...

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
I started going over in 2006 and have been every year since then except for maybe two years. I have shot about every species of plains game more than twice over and two lions. Africa has a special place in my soul and as long as my health remains good I will continue to go. I am 54 now.

Me personally I haven’t really seen it get more complicated to travel now vs 2006. Same paperwork and checks and airline prices pretty dang close to the same.

What I have seen though is an increase in trophy fees and taxidermy cost including export/import fees. Luckily I filled my house full of taxidermy when I first started going over.

I liked it so much I actually married the sister in law of the outfitter so I ended up with the ultimate trophy a South African wife! Now they are stuck with me forever showing up at their doorstep in South Africa!

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yep, I’ve seen topics get derailed but this sets a new high bar…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I had a grueling hunt with an 80 year old Swiss gentleman for Sitatunga and he announced that was to be the last hunt, but 6 years later he wanted to hunt Buffalo on foot. He did and broke his ankle on the first day but with a walking stick he shot a great buff under difficult circumstances.

I had called in Leon Kashelhoffer to help me out and he scouted and found the buffalo and with the wind right I could get a vehicle within a couple of hundred metres of our quarry and we laboured in from there. At the shot the buffalo ran our way and then picked us up and Leon and I put it down.

Julius broke open a box of fine cigars and some fine wine and we celebrated old age

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

You must have a wealth of photographs that you could share with AR?

Andrew. I certainly do!! However, most are slides and prints that would have to be scanned to disc, and then I would have to figure out how to post them!! Gratefully STOKES uploads all photos for me!!

dancing

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I do think I've booked my last lion hunt for next year, and am planning what may be my last elephant hunt for the year after that. But who knows. And there are a lot of buffalo and leopard out there just waiting to be hunted.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
Have more than enough money to go back but, my body has given up on me. I guess 10 trips will have to do....

That makes two of us. At age 82, I just don't have the physical stamina to do it anymore. I do still have the memories, however.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote