ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Got the same message. May God heal you quickly Guy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36563 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Let us know

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this . I hope he has a full and speedy recovery .

Posts: 11964 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sounds like the Zim guys are having a bad start to their year!

Posts: 10609 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Guy was helping out another PH on a different property in the Save when he got mauled by a wounded Leopard. He will be having surgery tomorrow morning to clean out all his wounds. According to Hannah, he lost a lot of blood as well.

The K9 unit were also involved in the follow up on this Leopard and the dog actually got the Leopard off Guy but also got mauled at the same time. He is at the vets now I'm told.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers out. I was relieved to see a photo of Guy in hospital giving a "thumbs up" on Hannah's Facebook page. Both those Whittall men have had a bad time with big cats!

Posts: 110 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 07 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear that. That entire family are wonderful folks. I hope he recovers quickly.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Terrible news.

But so glad to hear the prognosis is positive for Guy's recovery.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13395 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Have seen the pics. He did lose a bit of blood, but does appear to be better off than other maulings I've witnessed.

Nonetheless a traumatic experience, but Guy will surely be back in action before long....can't keep a good man down for too long.

Posts: 534 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I certain I'm not the only person here that doesn't know who "Guy" is? Does he have a last name?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3396 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . Guy Whittall I believe.

Mike

Posts: 21214 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn…!!
Pray he recovers properly
Good man

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wish him a speedy recovery. Nothing faster than a leopard charge. I've only seen one and hope I never see another.

Posts: 10015 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Posts: 2587 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is terrible news. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
I certain I'm not the only person here that doesn't know who "Guy" is? Does he have a last name?

Guy Whittall

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Definitely things we do that can sometimes be detrimental to our health
Speedy recovery Mr Whittall with good tale to tell

Posts: 139 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrible news. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Speedy recovery ..... read somewhere that trying to push off a mauling leopard is same as trying to stop a chainsaw with bare hands!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rough deal. Leopards are tough. Wishing Guy a full and speedy recovery.
Bruce

Posts: 373 | Location: Gillette, Wy USA | Registered: 11 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
What a nightmare to wake up to this morning! We were scheduled to have a chat with Guy on Whatsapp this morning to discuss a hunt next year.

So instead we sent our best wishes and told him that we were holding thumbs for a rapid and complete recovery!

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 604 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he’s going to be fine after recovering. The worst is a terrible gash along the top of his skull. That was what the profuse bleeding came from. Another PH who was there, I do not know who though, shot the cat off of guy.

I’ve been sent a picture but not given permission to share. I’m guessing at least 75 stitches to properly close it. He’s gonna have a scar that Frankenstein would envy. Main thing is, he and the dog are both expected to fully recover.

Posts: 3856 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent Hein shot the cat off Guy with a 10ga shotgun. One of Guy's dogs got after the cat to prevent worse injuries.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received the pic of the top of his skull earlier today, not good, wishing him well and hoping he heal's quickly. I would guess a wounded leopard charge could be one of the most terrifying things that could happen on safari.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66958 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is terrible news.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1286 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Made the headlines

Nice story but I noticed that there is no mention of them hunting the leopard or that Guy is a PH. Apparently he was just out for a stroll with his trusty dog when the unprovoked attack happened.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
quote:
Made the headlines

Nice story but I noticed that there is no mention of them hunting the leopard or that Guy is a PH. Apparently he was just out for a stroll with his trusty dog when the unprovoked attack happened.

I caught that as well. Odd.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3396 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Made the headlines

If I knew Guy, liked cricket, or was a quiet hunter that is exactly how I would have written the story.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Has a fund been set up for donations for Guy?

Just asking as AR has been assisting others when they have been in need.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They must have been hunting. Can't imagine a leopard attacking two armed men and a dog.

Posts: 10015 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Made the headlines

Read the comments!

Some idiots think he desrves it because he is a hunter!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66958 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wife’s FB post refers to a wounded leopard.

Posts: 11964 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The best answer to any question about anything from the press: No comment.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13395 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
In his earlier years and as a first-class Cricketer, he scored a double century (208) against New Zealand and then went on to develop one of the most important conservancies in Zimbabwe and in my book would be considered a legendary character in Africa today

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the source - this was a follow up of a leopard wounded the night before. Brent Hein’s client wounded it. Guy and others came the next on the follow up.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Best to Guy for a speedy recovery.

While in Zambia hunting with Arthur Taylor he recounted being attacked by a wounded leopard and having Cotton Gordon shoot the leopard off him with a shotgun. The story and the scars on Arthur's arms reminded me how I never hope to be in that position. Chilling!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say a friend with a 10 gauge is a good thing to have.