Tools

Guy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
In his earlier years and as a first-class Cricketer, he scored a double century (208) against New Zealand and then went on to develop one of the most important conservancies in Zimbabwe and in my book would be considered a legendary character in Africa today

Wishing Guy a speedy recovery. One of the most well-known cricketers from Zimbabwe.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wishing a fast recovery and hopefully he can be out doing what he loves soon

Posts: 134 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Prayers ongoing.

Posts: 4855 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Had a quick chat with Guy earlier today.

He’s evidently doing well; no infection, some stitches come out tomorrow, another check-up on the arm.

To hear him talk, you’d never know! Still holding thumbs for his recovery.

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 607 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sending best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Really enjoyed meeting Guy and his family. Truly legends in Zim.
Larry

Posts: 373 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Spoke to Guy again this morning.

Wonderful news all around; both he and Chikara (his dog that tag-teamed the spottie with him until the cat could be fed a couple of barrels of 10 gauge) are healing well.

He expects to be back in the field on the 19th!

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 607 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope he recovers fully and quickly, will certainly have some interesting stories to tell.
Myles told me a humorous story about Guy today, in his youth Guy was quite an athlete very fast runner…sub 11 second 100. Years ago, Myles and Guy were riding across a dry pan when they surprised a poacher hiding in the grass. Guy was driving and proceeded to chase the poacher across the pan in their Land Rover, chased him over a kilometer to a swampy area and the poacher stopped, winded snd puking…Guy jumped out to grab him and the poacher took off running again, had two meter head start and left Guy in the dust. Apparently, the poacher could really run.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2765 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently, the poacher could really run.

That skill, combined with the motivation to not be apprehended, makes for impressive results!

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I hope he recovers fully and quickly, will certainly have some interesting stories to tell.
Myles told me a humorous story about Guy today, in his youth Guy was quite an athlete very fast runner…sub 11 second 100. Years ago, Myles and Guy were riding across a dry pan when they surprised a poacher hiding in the grass. Guy was driving and proceeded to chase the poacher across the pan in their Land Rover, chased him over a kilometer to a swampy area and the poacher stopped, winded snd puking…Guy jumped out to grab him and the poacher took off running again, had two meter head start and left Guy in the dust. Apparently, the poacher could really run.

Don’t know as I’ve ever seen a scared “African” who couldn’t run…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote