THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone Know This INFAMOUS Big Game Hunter
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Know This INFAMOUS Big Game Hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I really need to see this gun !!!!

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rick - is it a single or double trigger gun.

Larry filled me in on some of the details of the gun.

If you want to sell it I may be interested.

I am looking a double trigger side by side utility shotgun. One barrel for slug for gator another for water moccasins as I clear some swap behind the house.

Ugly helps as I can always use that to scare the gator.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You missed a few of its uses Mike. It can also be used as a boat paddle. You can throw it under the tires of your truck if it gets stuck. If you need to check the zero on a rifle and no trees are around, stick the barrels in the ground and tape a target to the stock. Hell, if you hit it, the appearance might be improved. rotflmo

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
If that really is Beibs, who's the fat guy here? No wonder I couldn't find him at the SCI show in February.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
You missed a few of its uses Mike. It can also be used as a boat paddle. You can throw it under the tires of your truck if it gets stuck. If you need to check the zero on a rifle and no trees are around, stick the barrels in the ground and tape a target to the stock. Hell, if you hit it, the appearance might be improved. rotflmo

We need pictures.

Given Rick and Biebs are not posting any pictures and we don't know if the gun has a name.

I proposed we call it "The Biden" in honor of esteemed VP and double barrel side by side home defense expert Joe Biden.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, it is a Hatfield 28ga O/U...so keep looking for your stagecoach double :-)

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are starting to hurt my feelings. It's mine, not biebs' anymore. Mike you don't want it, it's an O/U in a 28 ga. Not a s x s. Besides, It kinda fits my personality sometimes. I'm big and ugly so we're like mutt and jeff.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
28 ga O/U with a single trigger and I thought I was about to get my utility double trigger sxs 12 ga. Need to start search the web for by sxs.

Rick - no wonder Mark Sullivan and Larry were laughing at you - the min for Florida Quail is 10 ga - tough little birds Cool

Biebs - no 12 ga side by side double in your warehouse Smiler

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Larry wouldn't let me bring my 10 ga. Said the max ga where we were hunting was 20.
I've got a couple of Browning BSS' Might be willing to part with one of them if you need a 12 ga SxS

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs

Do not let these guys worry you.

The FORCE is with you. flame space tu2

NICE Bear by the way. What did you shoot him with?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony, that was up in the Dillinger Pass in Alaska 2 years ago. I used an HS Precision in 338 RUM. The shot was 381 years, as there's no cover up in the mountains. We were surrounded by Dall Sheep every day we were out. My guide up there is a 73 year old who can go up and down these mountains like a goat. I'm taking him to Zimbabwe this June...a Cape Buff has been on his life-long Bucket List.

Posts: 20160 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Mike,
Larry wouldn't let me bring my 10 ga. Said the max ga where we were hunting was 20.
I've got a couple of Browning BSS' Might be willing to part with one of them if you need a 12 ga SxS

Bss are too nice. I have a beretta 471 - i need a utility side by side - something i can drop in the muck and not worry about. Bss are sweet guns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Tony, that was up in the Dillinger Pass in Alaska 2 years ago. I used an HS Precision in 338 RUM. The shot was 381 years, as there's no cover up in the mountains. We were surrounded by Dall Sheep every day we were out. My guide up there is a 73 year old who can go up and down these mountains like a goat. I'm taking him to Zimbabwe this June...a Cape Buff has been on his life-long Bucket List.

Great picture

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice bear. Whats that brown thing on the ground? Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have to admit Biebs is very photogenic around dead animals/trophies.

His picture with my lion is Burkina is the best picture I have of the lion.

If he continues cyber bullying me - i am going to send it to lion aid and make him the poster child of their anti hunting campaign Smiler

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Having met both you and Biebs, I have a hard time believing that he is cyber bullying you. He just doesn't strike me as the cyber bullying kind of guy. And you don't seem like the kind of guy that gets bullied often....... shocker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs now that was a long shot, was it light years of just plain years? Big Grin

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, it in was light years...like your recent birthdays :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice bear brother.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, uphill climb in the rocks for the shot, then an 8 mile hike with the head and hide back to base camp. You earn them up there :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon, piece of cake for a well fit Blaser rifle owner !

Sure hope my artic griz will be that nice next year ! Big Grin

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry, uphill climb in the rocks for the shot, then an 8 mile hike with the head and hide back to base camp. You earn them up there :-)

But was there a cold fanta at the end of it Cool

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

At least you got a damn nice bear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem with Alaska stuff is cold wet and all this packing your stuff back to camp.

Africa is much easier after the kill.

Nice bear Biebs got me all fired up for Alaska now

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least you got a damn nice bear.

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

The problem with Alaska stuff is cold wet and all this packing your stuff back to camp.

Africa is much easier after the kill.

Nice bear Biebs got me all fired up for Alaska now

Mike

Alaska is fantastic. However, the weather can wreck your hunt. I was once snowed in for 11 days.