New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a future for hunting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm over 50 and I've been a hunting educator for NY for some time I've joined the NRA and voted for the right guy's, I've raised two boy's with lifetime hunting liencses and they hunt. I'm going to hunt till the day I die . Sorry I'm not going to worry about after I'm dead, feel I've done enough and am going to enjoy every day out till god takes me. Things will work out the way they will. My boy's I hope will speak for hunters after I'm gone But for my last 20 to 25 years I'm going to hunt fish and drink the rest of the time I'll waste

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
And there you have it folks a simple discussion concerning the Future of hunting, and it gets turned into a membership drive for the NRA.

So everyone on here that doesn't belong to the NRA for whatever their reason has been deemed unworthy to even discuss the issue. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
And there you have it folks a simple discussion concerning the Future of hunting, and it gets turned into a membership drive for the NRA.

So everyone on here that doesn't belong to the NRA for whatever their reason has been deemed unworthy to even discuss the issue. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You got that right. If you are an American and you don't belong to the NRA, your opinion on the future of hunting, assuming you support it, is simply hypocrisy on your part. Apparently you are not on the team.

Let me type slow so you can follow it because apparently you don't get it. The future of hunting is inextricably tied to politics and political power at this time does not come from the barrel of a gun, but from the number of votes you can demonstrate that supports our side of the issue. That's why the NRA is one of the more successful lobbies in Washington and that's why more NRA members will help assure hunting for future generations. homer

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:

You got that right. If you are an American and you don't belong to the NRA, your opinion on the future of hunting, assuming you support it, is simply hypocrisy on your part. Apparently you are not on the team.

rotflmo

It warms my heart when CHC gets a good dose of his own medicine!

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't remember seeing anything anywhere stating that you were the Moderator over this discussion.

I have been a member of the NRA a few times in the past, but for the last 3 years or so I have been supporting the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, my money I can do with it as I please and I do not have to get yours or anyone else on this sites opinion.

We all get it you support the NRA and believe that anyone that does not, should not be allowed to own a gun or refer to themselves as a hunter.

That is really a great attitude and a Good Method of recruiting people that are also concerned about the Future of Hunting.

Each and every hunter in this country has the prerogative to support or not support any organization of THEIR choice, Not Yours.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Each and every hunter in this country has the prerogative to support or not support any organization of THEIR choice, Not Yours.

Damn, you must be running for rocket scientist.

I will try to remember to point out to all your potential hunting clients that you don't support the main organization which supports your and their rights.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Preservation.....

quote:
I don't remember seeing anything anywhere stating that you were the Moderator over this discussion.

I have been a member of the NRA a few times in the past, but for the last 3 years or so I have been supporting the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, my money I can do with it as I please and I do not have to get yours or anyone else on this sites opinion.

We all get it you support the NRA and believe that anyone that does not, should not be allowed to own a gun or refer to themselves as a hunter.

That is really a great attitude and a Good Method of recruiting people that are also concerned about the Future of Hunting.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My clients Do Not Care, there has never been a client in my almost 20 years of guiding that has mentioned anything about what organizations I Do or DO Not belong to or support.

They come down here to HUNT, not talk politics of any kind and if a potential client ever does ask if I belong to the NRA, I will tell them that I don't and I would not book them.

I will not book ANYONE that requires me to meet a certain set of qualifiers or possess a "Certain" set of credentials.

I do everything I possibly can to put my clients on game and most of the time it works, if it don't, I will have at least tried my best.

But in my close to 50 years of hunting, I DO NOT EVER remember seeing a deer/feral hog or javelina check to see if I was an NRA member.

So if the animals I am trying to find and get my clients to shoot are not concerned about what organizations I may or may not belong too, I am not going to concern myself with what a client thinks!

I am there guiding the individual, the individual is there to hunt whatever game it is they are paying to hunt, their personal politics or beliefs is NONE OF MY DAMN BUSINESS, and that vice versa.

So you go right ahead and "Ruin" me, give it your best shot!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruin you? Not my goal. I don't give an aeronautical sex act with a doughnut about you, I am concerned with hunting's future. Something you bitch and moan about but do little or nothing to support. Hypocrite!

My goal is to have hunters support people that support them. If they don't, why should they hunt with them?

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
It's unfortunate that a legitimate discussion about the future of hunting turns into a mud slinging session. A sure enabler to get more folks onboard I guess. faint

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2811 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A sure enabler to get more folks onboard I guess.

If this little set-to discourages someone, I doubt they'll become a hunter anyway. They are too delicate. The sight of blood would probably make them faint dead away, or throw up....... Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My goal is to have hunters support people that support them. If they don't, why should they hunt with them?

And in this world, not everyone feels as YOU do. What about Archer's do they have to be NRA members to be allowed in your "Private Club".

As has been pointed out numerous times and by numerous people on AR over the years the Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting, just the Right of the individual to own guns, hunting is not part of the equation.

You are claiming, wrongly by the way, that just because a person does not belong to the NRA, can not support hunting and should not claim to.

Most groups looking for support, Do Not start out alienating the very people willing and ready to help, simply because those people do not share the same beliefs as others.

I will continue to hunt and support hunting as long as I live/can. Just like not ALL gun owners in America belong to the NRA not ALL hunters belong to the NRA.

But if some of you choose to believe that anyone that hunts but does not belong to the NRA does not have the RIGHT to support hunting, go right ahead and see how far it gets you toward saving hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
People should ask if who they pay to guide them in the US are members of the NRA. If they are not, they should look for another guide. Simple enough.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, the World does not view things the way I do or YOU do.

Problem is, the discussion is SUPPOSED to be about the FUTURE of Hunting, WORLD WIDE, not just America and NOT just the future of the NRA.

Now, if your main concern is the future of the NRA, then why not start a discussion about that down in the American Hunting Topic Area?

The future of hunting WORLD WIDE is threatened, not just in America and I have serious doubts that Non-American hunters are all that interested in the doings of the NRA.

The bigger deal is, you seem to HONESTLY BELIEVE, that ANYONE that does not belong to the NRA should not be allowed to buy a hunting license or hunt!

Why don't you run that past Texas Parks and Wildlife and get them to sign off on it?????

EVERYONE, World Wide that is interested in the Future of Hunting, has the Right to get involved in the discussion, without having someone/anyone belittle/berate them because they don't belong to the NRA.

If a person places membership in an organization, over and above another persons concerns about the future of hunting, then just exactly how concerned about the future of hunting is the organization zealot?