Notify
Tools

Kudos to Texas Hunt Co.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Guys,
Last night I began to pack for an upcoming trip to Zim. As I grabbed my gaiters to pitch them in my duffle the thought occurred to me that I had been remiss in sharing a great customer service story from Texas Hunt Co. I had purchased two pair of gaiters over a year ago from Jeff and the gang. Both pair were sized large and somewhat tight when I tried them on. I got on the website a couple of months back and found out that they now make a size XL. A call into the customer service desk and I was able to send both pair back in exchange for the new XL size! And all it cost me was postage. That is going the extra mile for the customer and creating rabid fans! My new XLs fit snug but not tight and will get a great workout next week! Thanks to Texas Hunt Co. for great products for hunters and super service!

Also, their utility belt is the bomb... I've ordered three so far. Have to order another everytime I get back from Africa because my PH's all want one. The one I am wearing at the time!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cessna
posted Hide Post
I've been using their sling, first rate. I love it when company makes something that just works right.

Posts: 430 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I use the belt and cartridge loops and also the zip open cartridge pouch (which as an extra zippered compartment perfect for one of the new slim mini digital cameras). Jeff makes good stuff!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
I have there pack and a few other items. I won't buy another.

Because I won't need to, the thing won't wear out!

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some of their gear as well and it is top notch.

Posts: 115 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I use the PH belt with no complaints. Great for storing items like knife, leatherman and surefire light. Ten rounds in the ammo slides takes up a lot of room on the belt, so I've swapped the THC ammo carrier for a smaller ammo pouch.

I received the belt as a gift and it was too small. I took it to DSC convention last year and announced that I had flown all the way from Alabama just to swap the belt for a larger size. The guy in the booth laughed, made the swap, and gave me a free nylon belt to boot.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have used the Texas Hunt Co. ammo holders and belts for a few years and they are super...
I also love the Longgrass binoholders extra long strap.

Kudos to Jeff, Rick, and Melody on quality gear.

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texas Hunt Co. has very high quality gear.

They are good folks, also.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another service story. Last year we were about to leave for Africa and my buddy realized he had forgotten to purchase an ammo slide. He went to the website to order one and all were on backorder. He called Texas Hunt Co explaining his screw up and that we were leaving shortly. The package arrived in a couple days.

Texas Hunt Co....great gear, even better service.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure do appreciate the kind remarks!

We do our damnd'est to make sure our customers get what they want. We ain't perfect, but through the patronage and paitence of our clients we endeavor to make the best possible gear for the money - made in the USA!

We hope that our gear in some small way adds to the successful outcome of any hunt we are part of!

Safe hunting and god bless our troops!

Respectfully submitted,

Jeff Wemmer
Texas Hunt Co.

Thanks again for the support over the years....More great stuff to come!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have everything Jeff can make for a Kawasaki Mule and you can't wear it out either.
Trouble is I did not order enough drink holders!
Gooooooood Stuff.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I love the concept of the PH belt, but have come to really dislike the buckle. It's a major PITA to get snug enough for my tastes. A regular "pull 'til it's tight" type buckle would be much better to me. That aside, it's a great product. Can't comment on customer service, never needed it.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I need to get some of their stuff. I only have the belt loop drink koozie so far... I always stop by the booth at DSC and think of all the accessories for the Mule.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3434 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
i have been using a bunch of texas huntco stuff for three years now , the gear is super tough and comes with great customer service ...

my only complaint is that it shows no sign of wear and i love worn patina on gear !!! guess i just need to work it harder !!!! dancing

i have a backpack my trackers carry for water and first aid ..when not on their backs its hung on the gunrack and after its third season its still looking in excellent condition ....

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
ps the only thing tougher than the gear is jeff himself !! Wink

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Chuck Norris looks the other way when Wemmer walks by.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Chuck Norris looks the other way when Wemmer walks by.

I have one of their knife sheaths, and it is top notch, but lets not get carried away.
hilbily

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
QUALITY MADE IN THE USA> That says it all. Great work Jeff and THC.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote