Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas Safari Club Convention
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,this is Ben Carter, Executive DIrector of the Dallas Safari Club. Our convention is really just around the corner. We are going to almost 1200 booths this year with about 750 exhibitors. We will be in halls CDEF at the Dallas Convention Center. The show will have a Wednesday exhibitor welcome party and auction, the Conklin Award on Thursday night with a great auction, Friday night is our youth night with Educator of the Year and Outstanding Youth Hunter and auctions, and then our Saturday evening banquet is the Capstick Award going to Dan Pedrotti, a founder of The AMerican WIldlife Partners, made up of most conservation groups in the U.S. followed by a fabulous banquet. MAINLY, I wanted to tell you that the DSC is providing a complimentary hospitality room at the convention center by the expo hall exclusively for use of Accurate Reloading . Com members to stop by and visit with one another. We appreciate your support of our organization and hope that many of you can attend the convention. It should be spectacular. We have great wildlife displays, including the collection of Herb Klein, the first Weatherby Award WInner as well as a number of his custom Weatherby's that he hunted with on display. Look forward to seeing you there!

Posts: 2 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 07 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is great. I'll be certain to be a frequent visitor. Thank You!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
A very kind gesture by Dallas Safari Club.

Would it be possible to provide some easy-to-read name tags for AR members that display their AR nom de plume? The tags could be issued at the registration window and allow recognition of fellow AR contributors in the convention hall as well as providing access into the hospitality room.

The tags would also be a 'show of force' and demonstrate to the many vendors the size and clout of Accurate Reloading.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ben and DSC. Once again you make us all feel welcome.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How very generous! My son and I look forward to stopping there.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there. Hope Ray-Ray shows up. Should be fun.

Posts: 10268 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, DSC!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very gracious, thanks.

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
th;is is just another reason for joining DSC. My hat if off to you gentlemen

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
MAINLY, I wanted to tell you that the DSC is providing a complimentary hospitality room at the convention center by the expo hall exclusively for use of Accurate Reloading . Com members

AND FREE BOOZE. MAYBE NOT.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That is great!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
And visions of book sales dance in my head. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR Ben. See you in Dallas!!!

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSC ED:
Hello,this is Ben Carter, Executive DIrector of the Dallas Safari Club. Our convention is really just around the corner. We are going to almost 1200 booths this year with about 750 exhibitors. We will be in halls CDEF at the Dallas Convention Center. The show will have a Wednesday exhibitor welcome party and auction, the Conklin Award on Thursday night with a great auction, Friday night is our youth night with Educator of the Year and Outstanding Youth Hunter and auctions, and then our Saturday evening banquet is the Capstick Award going to Dan Pedrotti, a founder of The AMerican WIldlife Partners, made up of most conservation groups in the U.S. followed by a fabulous banquet. MAINLY, I wanted to tell you that the DSC is providing a complimentary hospitality room at the convention center by the expo hall exclusively for use of Accurate Reloading . Com members to stop by and visit with one another. We appreciate your support of our organization and hope that many of you can attend the convention. It should be spectacular. We have great wildlife displays, including the collection of Herb Klein, the first Weatherby Award WInner as well as a number of his custom Weatherby's that he hunted with on display. Look forward to seeing you there!

Ben,

Welcome to AR.

Thank you for your kindness and generousity.
I would also like to thank you for hosting the AR get together at your convetion last year, and footing the bill.

That was going well beyond what a normal host would have done, and I am sure we all appreciate it.

Having lived in Texas for over 2 years, and having represted Texas at Vandalia as the Texas 16 yards Champion, and having won the Champion of Champions for Texas, I consider myself as a proud Texan too.

Thank you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67433 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cant wait for the show, it is usually one of the highlights of my year.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all at DSC. Your generosity and graciousness are appreciated.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You DSC this is great

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ben and DSC,

Good one guys, think its a great idea! thats why DSC is experiencing the growth that it is and it will continue without a shadow of a doubt

Don - please keep my booth number written on your hand so that you can keep me well hydrated at the booth # 746 - Thanking you in advance Big Grin

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is very generous.... I was not planning on attending the show, however, any show that takes care of its atendees in this manner is worth me taking the time to visit.... See you guys there.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.458Aubs
I'm hoping we have time to get well hydrated while we are there. rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ben, we'll be sure to stop by! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
This gesture prompted me to book my flights. We arrive on Thursday evening and are staying at the Magnolia.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tears in my eyes, for I will not make the DSC this year CRYBABY

I hope to make it next year--
DSC- thank you for all that you do! clap

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
A very kind gesture. I will second the thanks for treating us last year; that and this reflect very well on the DSC - I'm proud to be a member. Thank you!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that invitation Ben.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Welcome to AR.

Thank you for your kindness and generousity.
I would also like to thank you for hosting the AR get together at your convetion last year, and footing the bill.

That was going well beyond what a normal host would have done, and I am sure we all appreciate it.

Having lived in Texas for over 2 years, and having represted Texas at Vandalia as the Texas 16 yards Champion, and having won the Champion of Champions for Texas, I consider myself as a proud Texan too.

Thank you.

Well I knew there was more reasons to like you other than just all the work and kind effort of hosting this site and your gentlmenly approach and top notch hunts and reload work! Heck you are Texan too Big Grin ! Oh and good shooting!

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ben, stole our thunder as many may remember I posted about some suprises for AR members and this was one of them. Keep tuned.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
How will they know we are AR members? Do we tell them at check in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36856 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Many of us will be wearing AR hats, or shirts and jackets with AR patches on them.
Orrrr, you could take a prescription sheet and put your forum name on it in big letters, then pin it on. Wink We'd know who you are.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The room will have nothing to do with getting in to the show, As soon as I know a location of the room I will post it here on AR or maybe Ben will post the location.

Ben do you have the location set at this time?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
Many of us will be wearing AR hats, or shirts and jackets with AR patches on them.
Orrrr, you could take a prescription sheet and put your forum name on it in big letters, then pin it on. Wink We'd know who you are.
Max

Would it be possible to buy AR gear at the AR room?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Good show Ben and DSC. See you there.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sigh. Not this year, again.

But I'm moving closer in a year. THEN I'll be there, for sure.

BTW, my name is Jeff Pokorny, I live in Alaska. Hunted RSA in 2002 with Dion Van Dyk. Kinda dropped off this board for a few years (used to be Raven045), but I'm back, and the Africa bug has bit me again hard. Kinda like malaria...it comes back now and again, eh?

If you had told me in 2002 it would be 8 years before I got back, I would have laughed in your face...family, work, all conspire against me.

Jeff

Posts: 93 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Name tags are a must! I went to the AR get-together at the hotel 2 years ago. Nobody had name tags, so you're sitting near someone you've chatted with for some time, and don't realize it.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ben... most of us are proud members of DSC as well as being AR junkies! Your folks do it right in Dallas! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Ben, I thank you and the DSC for the generous offer of the room. It is always a great time in Dallas for us out of staters. We keep coming back.

Regards,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks for the Invite, will visit

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote