Notify
Tools

How I envy you all...
 Login/Join

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
... NEVER EVER tell wife how much it really costs, how to use subversive tactics to get your wife off of your back (we cover lies and deception here too)...

Sounds like a plan, Wolf.

I'll let you in on a secret if you promise not to say it too loud...being Canadian I have an advantage in spousal negotiations...FOREIGN EXCHANGE!!

You see, first I introduced the fiance to the cost of a one buffalo hunt in Zim (a cheap HuntPak nonetheless). A little later I upped the price tag a little to go to Tanz instead (the plan all along, of course). Then I introduced the idea that I should get two buff, since it'll be a once in a lifetime opportunity (!) and its a lot cheaper than going back. Next came..oops, forgot about the cost of the air charter.

So now she knows how much the hunt will cost, all inclusive. I even threw in a small amount (a little underestimated of course) for the return airfare from Canada to DAR.

The next step is a ways coming yet, but since the deposit is in and its too late...."Oh yeah, by the way, the quotes I showed you were US dollars. They're actually 30% higher in CDN!! I thought you knew??! Sorry!" Red Face

Throw in a few ..."But, honey, I'll only need to do a trip like this once!"'s. Maybe even an "I promise, I won't bring it up again!". Wink

Constant brooding over African Hunting books helps, especially if you can pull off some good "heavy sighs" while looking at pictures of other guys and their Cape Buffalo trophies. Smiler

The final step is the admission of the cost of tips and trophy shipping, but by then the money is on the card and I am back home. And hopefully not alone!! Eeker

Cheers,
Smiler Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Constant brooding over African Hunting books helps, especially if you can pull off some good "heavy sighs" while looking at pictures of other guys and their Cape Buffalo trophies

Canuck, you are devious! BTW, the sighing over hunting books really helps if the relationship is worth anything. Heck, I did that for years, until she finally agreed to move to Canada with me! I'm in the position now though where this would be counterproductive. I'd be getting a lot of "What the #$%@& did you drag me off to Canada for, if now you want to go to Africa!!" And that would especially be exacerbated by the current weather. Good strategy, but one I can't work on just yet.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frans Diepstraten:
I'm in the position now though where this would be counterproductive. I'd be getting a lot of "What the #$%@& did you drag me off to Canada for, if now you want to go to Africa!!" And that would especially be exacerbated by the current weather. Good strategy, but one I can't work on just yet.

I can see your point, Frans. Its also true that most of my other subversive tactics are "one-shot-deals"....she'll be on to them next time!

If she does leave me because of my selfish African affliction, I do have a ready made silver lining....I get to go through my routine all over again with a fresh one. (I know, that's pretty bad! I am counting on it not getting that far!).

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post

Canuck

With the help of hounds we took Strang within 20 yards of this fine spotty, where he killed it with a 70 pound 'Hoyt' compound bow.
Yes! the video is fun.

" Fine men are remembered for their reaction after a kill "

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
That's a dandy alright! And with a bow no less!!

I hope you will be forwarding a copy of that video so us Canucks can enjoy it too! Big Grin

Congrats,
Canuck

ps: If you keep up your success rate on Mr Spots, you will become known as THE Cat Man