New
Find
Notify
Tools

How I envy you all...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The day will come that I will set foot on the dark continent, rifle in hand, in search of the most beautiful game animals on earth. I have always wanted to hunt Africa, unfortunatly, I will not be able to do this for quite some time to come. I'm already cooking up the idea of building a .458 Winchester to play with here, so I can one day hunt there. Would anyone be interested in posting a few pics of you land and trophies? Take care.

Angering society one University student at a time.

Posts: 114 | Location: Lethbridge, Alberta. | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It must be worse than cocaine. No matter how much you get of it, it is never enough, for me. Coming home at the end of the hunt can be one of life's most depressing journies!

Envy? You should hang around those kid PH's. They live that hunting, every day, whether hunting or not. Talk about being excited about your job! Always appears to me an exciting life. I envy it (except for the hard work!).

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

You can see some photos and stories about some of our hunts on this site.

Accuratereloading Hunting Page

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68645 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I know of no other hunting in the world that is as addictive as African hunting. Every time I'm on safari, my head is racing to plan yet another African hunt. Every time I return home I'm happy to be back, of course, but a big part of me wishes I was back in Africa; I miss it as soon as I'm on the plane headed for home.

Luckily, my wife understands this and does not dispute it or see it as anything but what it is -- one of the passions of my life............

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paraoh2, I'd also like to welcome you to this wonderful, useful, and addicting forum. After reading your post and following the path suggested to you, I read the article of the 49 inch Cape Buffalo and the hunt. I felt I was there with them! My mind seems to wonder more lately and the story took my thoughts from Peter Capstick spinning tales (true or not) clear back to my childhood days when Uncle Buck came to sunny Kansas for Christmas. Uncle Buck was from Washington state where in those days deer abounded aplently. Here in Kansas there were none. I'd never even seen one yet, except for the two that were tied to the fender of a car passing through our small town that was headed back home somewhere I'd never heard of either. I still remember standing in the snow at the local gas station looking in awe at the rack on one of those deer. It was only a meager six pointer without much mass as I remember but to me it was the trophy of a life time. I asked one of the hunters where he got it and he replied, "Colorado, in the mountains." The "MOUNTAINS"!! That's where I'm going someday I promised myself. And that was the start of my yearing for adventure in the outdoors. And Uncle Buck? Where does he come into this equation? Well, Uncle Buck came back home for Christmas every year. And every year it seems there was a little Christmas cheer that found its way into the kitchen cupboard, somehow, fore when the womenfolk asked who'd put it there no man would own up to it. There was always alot of joking, laughing, and stories of past times. But, the part I remember best was when old Uncle Buck would come into the living room and flop down on the couch and with a grin and a twinkle in his eye he would bend over to us kids setting on the floor around him and start with, Did I ever tell you the time....." We were transformed from Kansas to places we'd never even heard of before with visions in our heads of wild adventure. We were hunting deer, elk, and fishing for the biggest salmon in the state of Washington. After Christmas was over and the last ham and turkey sandwiches were eaten in the evening we would pack up. I can still remember riding in the back seat of our used 1953 Buick with the "maypop tires" along with my two brothers. Up front the discussion was of how old Uncle Buck sure could spin em' after he'd had a few. Were the stories true? We never cared! All I remember was how marvelous the places sounded and the thoughts of someday I was going to follow his footsteps. Now that I'm older, I still haven't gone to nearly half the places I'd wished I could go. Kids, lack of finances, job, and commitments of sorts have seemed to take priority. But through this forum I have been allowed another chance to go where I've never been. Listened to some great stories and adventures. Learned a great deal. And, have an urge to go to Africa that burns deep in my heart. Someday, God willing, and when I have my Searcy double I too, will visit the deep, dark continent of Africa that I dream of. And, while I leave you now, I post one question that haunts me, "Was Peter Capstick his real name, or a pen name?" Good shooting! Mike

FourTails

Posts: 917 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that Mike. I quite enjoyed that read. I understand all too well what you were describing. I only hope, one day I can sit around a fire with my own children, nieces and nephews and tell a yarn or two. Oh yeah, and go to Africa as well! Big Grin

Posts: 114 | Location: Lethbridge, Alberta. | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
pharaoh2, surf down just one forum and take a look at all the threads in the "Reports" forum. There are pages and pages of pictures and reports from various African hunting destinations.

I just reposted a bunch of pictures from my June 2004 safari in Namibia. Take a look here for my pics.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that I'm older, I still haven't gone to nearly half the places I'd wished I could go. Kids, lack of finances, job, and commitments of sorts have seemed to take priority. But through this forum I have been allowed another chance to go where I've never been. Listened to some great stories and adventures. Learned a great deal. And, have an urge to go to Africa that burns deep in my heart. Someday, God willing, and when I have my Searcy double I too, will visit the deep, dark continent of Africa that I dream of. And, while I leave you now, I post one question that haunts me, "Was Peter Capstick his real name, or a pen name?" Good shooting! Mike

I'll never forget the time my Dad and I went to the hardware store for paint and came home with a fishing boat. I asked him oif mom knew he was really going out to buy the boat, and he looked at me and said, "Son, sometimes it better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission."

It's a great philosophy if used sparingly.

I booked my first safari with a $500 check at the SCI convention. I got home and announced to my surprised wife and the rest of the world that I was going buffalo hunting in the Zambezi Valley. Once i had the trip booked 2 years in advance, I stsrted sending payments to my booking agent. Think about all the little windfalls that just get pissed away if you carry the cash around!

I will never regret my first safari, and i will be back in July 06, with or without permission. Unless you have a child that is very ill, or something equally traumatic, I can't see NOT going even if you put it all on credit cards!!! GO!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Capstick was his real name. He was part of the Hathaway Shirt Company fortune. You my remember their ads from the 50's and 60's with the guy wearing an eye patch. "You can always spot a Hathaway man."

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N'gagi:
...I can't see NOT going even if you put it all on credit cards!!! GO!!!!!!!!!

Not sound financial advice, but I agree wholeheartedly. I have decided that if I wait until I have saved enough for a trip, I will never afford to go. Its easier to make the sacrifices if the money is already gone.

Thankfully my girlfriend has come around to my way of thinking. She might intuitively know that one day I would have done what you did though!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Pharoah2,

I see you are from LA (north). You might want to try to look up Richard Powell one day. He's a high school teacher there and one of the nicest people I have had the privelege of meeting. He has hunted Africa and other remote parts of our planet many times. If anyone can show you how to get to Africa on a shoestring, he's the man. (He's also "da Man!")

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
quote:
Originally posted by N'gagi:
...I can't see NOT going even if you put it all on credit cards!!! GO!!!!!!!!!

Not sound financial advice, but I agree wholeheartedly. I have decided that if I wait until I have saved enough for a trip, I will never afford to go. Its easier to make the sacrifices if the money is already gone.

Thankfully my girlfriend has come around to my way of thinking. She might intuitively know that one day I would have done what you did though!

Cheers,
Canuck

I would NEVER have said that before I went. Now that I have buffalo in my blood, I'd go in debt to do it again. This was some advice i posted a couple years ago, that almost derserves a thread of it's own for those who think it's beyond their means:

I just re-read that big long thread about why more guys don't hunt Africa. I can relate to a bunch of the posts there, and I have a couple tips for those who have decided to make a comittment to saving for the trip:

1) Find someone to go with. It will help you to keep the enthusiasm high. If you don't already have a buddy, look for someone at the range or at an SCI chapter meeting. Once you find somebody you feel comfortable with. do it.

Like working out at the gym, it's too easy to back out, slack off or blow it off. You don't want to let down your friend. Besides this is something you'll want to share with someone.

2) Do your research. Find the outfitter you are going to use, the area you are going to go to, and get a wriiten estimate for every single expense and round it up 10%.

3) Pick a date and make a deposit. Once you've made the simple gesture of writing a $500 check, you might as well strap your butt in the seat and get ready for take off. It's done, in ink and your safari becomes reality.

4) Open your safari account and use direct deposit. I set up a Sharebuilder account, and have a regular deposit sent in every pay period. The money sits in a money market account, and while relatively easy to access, it takes a couple days to wire money or request a check, which will help curtail unncessary withdrawl of funds or spontaneous purchases.

5) start planning and tell every body and their brother you are going and when.

6) When you get back, leave the account open so you can go again in a year or two.

***This plan has made my safari a reality. Hope it works for those of you who think you can't do it

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pharaoh2, don't forget there are people from all walks of life here. It is not everybody that zooms off to the Dark Continent multiple times a year and pays for it out of the can of loose cash... Probably most people here have to do some serious, multi-year savings to realize their dreams. African hunting does not necessarily have to be ultra expensive (Big 5, Mountain Nyala, Bongo type hunting), there is tons of tons of more affordable African hunting that will give you a really good feel of Africa. Often, you can hunt Africa for about the price of a good Western US Elk hunt, and take 5-6 species of plains game along the way. Calculated on a "price per head taken", African hunting is a good deal cheaper than a lot of (most?) North American hunting.

So, decide if it is important enough for you to go - or whether you'd rather drive that new truck. If yes, start putting a couple of bills aside every month. Live the dream, and before you know it you might just be able to do it. BUT, a word of warning before you go: few people make only ONE safari, so be prepared to be bitten by the bug and start saving as soon as you get back from your initial trip. Smiler

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Here are some pictures from an elephant in Zimbabwe in 2003,

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pharoah2,

I see you are from LA (north). You might want to try to look up Richard Powell one day. He's a high school teacher there and one of the nicest people I have had the privelege of meeting. He has hunted Africa and other remote parts of our planet many times. If anyone can show you how to get to Africa on a shoestring, he's the man. (He's also "da Man!")

Cheers,
Canuck

Ha! I had him as an English teacher when I was in school! He's nut's! He shot an Energiser Bunny with some large bore "Elephant Rifle" as he called it. He used to have somthing called an ugly stick. Basicaly it was just a yard stick, wrapped in duct tape. When ever I would fall, uh, anyone fell asleep in his class he'd smack your desk top with it. It normaly left you wishing you brought spare underwear along!

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ha! I had him as an English teacher when I was in school! He's nut's! He shot an Energiser Bunny with some large bore "Elephant Rifle" as he called it. He used to have somthing called an ugly stick. Basicaly it was just a yard stick, wrapped in duct tape. When ever I would fall, uh, anyone fell asleep in his class he'd smack your desk top with it. It normaly left you wishing you brought spare underwear along!

Small world ay! beer

Im with you Pharoah2, I have a hard time spending too much time on these africa forums. Its like shopping for a car I know I cant afford right now. nut

Africa.. Only the most diverse assortment of game animals on the face of the earth, a varitable paradise for people of our ilk. thumb Maybe someday..

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Sharps Shooter
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Lethbridge, Could only make ends meet. Moved to Fort McMurray (oil town) A year and a half ago. Went on my First safari in RSA last sept. You can make it over there for not too much, that being said I have lived most of my life not being able to save that much. And I think someone else said it earlier "a drug habit is cheaper".

Know many, trust few, and paddle your own canoe.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 25 | Location: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear old Richard (sorry Richard, old in this sentence just sounds right) has a couple of Taxidermists on retainer. Smiler

Chuck

P.S. If you're out there, how is southern Alberta? I miss it terribly. I was down for Christmas, shot the breeze with Tyrell for a bit and just about stayed.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I don't have to tell some of you that you would be amazed what you can save if you cut out a few things from your budget. I am on the three year plan. I was on my first safari to Zim. in '01, and returned to S.A. with my wife in '04. We don't eat out alot, don't drive the newest vehicles, don't pi$$ our money away in bars and live in a modest house. We are as blue collar as they come, but trust me, we will be back in '07!! The biggest problem we have, is the modest house holding all of the expensive taxidermy!! Wink

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

Here's how I did it. Rather than buy that new truck, I really didn't need, I kept the old one that was paid for, and started making those new truck "payments" to myself. In one year I had the cost of the hunt, airline tickets, and taxidermy fees. I had a great time and I'm still making payments to myself for another hunt this year! As my PH said, Africa is changing every day and going to your grave with regrets is a hell of a way to go! Don't have the regrets because politics in that part of the world can change in New York second. P.S. That old truck is still running great.

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
$400 per month is a lot of money for some of us (ie. almost equal to a vehicle payment for a car), but if you can find a way to put it aside for 4 years, you'll have $20,000 to go to Africa with.

$400 per month for just over 3 years will get you $15,000. In CDN funds, that's enough for a 10 day plains game safari, airfair to a from, trophy transport and maybe even a little taxidermy.

pharoah2: you are right, Richard is a little nuts! But in an endearing way, eh? Smiler I doubt he'd bring out the ugly stick on ya if you inquired with him about how to get to Africa!

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I did my first PH accompanied safari in South Africa for a total of $6,000 + airfare, including trophy preparation and shipment to my home. You don't need to be a millionaire. I had frequent flyer miles for the air travel and did a plains game hunt. I took a Greater Kudu, a Wildebeest, a Warthog, an Impala and a Steenbok on on 8 day hunt, one on one, for a package price of $3,400. The balance of the $6,000 was for trophy preparation (shoulder mount of Kudu, shield mounts for the Wildebeest, Impala and Warthog tusks, tanning of Kudu backskin and full tanning of Impala skin)and some tips for the PH's staff. I also took a Jackal at no cost. Since I had taken all my animals by day 7, day 8 was spent at Kruger National Park, at no additional cost. Don't wait, do it now.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
$400 per month is a lot of money for some of us (

Right, if I had $400 per month to spare I'd be saving too! For now I face the purchase of a house. Somehow I'm not quite able to convince my family to look at something that is $50,000 cheaper, and use the reduction on payments for a hunting piggy bank. Frowner

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pharoh,
I have to agree 100% with N'gagi.I am going to Namibia in 5 months, and I have been saving my money for 5 years to do it. I have NO business spending the money either, my wife is pissed but she'll get over it..I have 2 kids in private school, loans, bills etc, but you know what, you might be dead tomorrow, so you have to say "F**K IT" and just do it, even if you have to charge it. It's only money, and believe me, I dont have it either. Stop screwing around with your 458 project, buy a cheap gun, and put your money towards your hunt! If you want something bad enoungh you will get it, stop the BS!! My pep talk!! Tough love!! Wolf

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frans Diepstraten:
quote:
$400 per month is a lot of money for some of us (

Right, if I had $400 per month to spare I'd be saving too! For now I face the purchase of a house. Somehow I'm not quite able to convince my family to look at something that is $50,000 cheaper, and use the reduction on payments for a hunting piggy bank. Frowner

Frans

Frans, I know man. Being "house poor" sucks. Smiler I typically have month left at the end of the money, rather than the other way around. But that just means I have to be more inventive!! A vehicle will be paid for in 15 months (no upgrades afterwards, ride her til she dies!@), other things can be sold, minor windfalls go straight to the safari account, debt can be consolidated, etc, etc.

A friend of mine paid for his safari with woodworking after hours. I am still trying to figure out what my talent is!

Cheers,
Canuck

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
...my wife is pissed but she'll get over it...<snip> loans, bills etc, but you know what, you might be dead tomorrow, so you have to say "F**K IT" and just do it, even if you have to charge it. It's only money...

That's it exactly! If Africa is really a priority for you, you just gotta do it. If it isn't that high of a priority for you, then there's no sense boo-hooing over it.

Cheers,
Canuck

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I could start putting away the non-existent truck payment right now, but if I did I would feel like a selfish SOB, as that would mean extreme financial limits for the other four members of my family. Perhaps when they are grown up or we gain another income.

Instead I am currently working towards some rather unique hunts stateside one at a time to build my trophy case. But Africa will remain as a sort of subconsious goal. Bully to those of you who are making it happen in spite of your limitations. thumb Your an inspiration.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pharoh,
I have to agree 100% with N'gagi.I am going to Namibia in 5 months, and I have been saving my money for 5 years to do it. I have NO business spending the money either, my wife is pissed but she'll get over it..Wolf

Actually, I ended up putting in a pool and remodeling the place to get out of the dog house. I'll be paying for that for a while.

Next week I have my PH from Zim staying with us for a few days, then Christer and one of his buddies from Sweden will be moving in too before we all head up to SCI in Reno.

She's pissed, but will get over it.

She doesn't know it yet, but I have all but written the deposit check for 06. That will happen one I'm in Reno.

I don't know about you guys, but I get windfalls from time to time. I got a refund on overpayment to my 401K, and sent that to my outfitter. I sold some junk I had laying around and sent that off. I sold a gun or two and sent that off. If you think about all the pocket money that gets lost, you could have gone a long time ago.

Get rid of it when you have it, and you won't miss it. the longer it's in your pocket, the more likely you are to piss it away. It takes some discipline, but if it were easy, EVERYBODY would do it!!

Mark Jackson

one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pharaoh2:
quote:
Pharoah2,

Cheers,
Canuck

I took Richard hunting here in the dark continent,in July 2002, when he decided to try Namibia for a change.
All the practice on "Energiser Bunnies" worked for him, I saw him take a fine Leopard on 280 yards with a single shot.

As for nut's, he took me to his English class, when I were there in September 2003. Well as they say: " If you can't beat them, join them "

I had the privelege of hunting and becoming a good friend of Richard, so keep posting and he might tell you more of what you need to know about hunting in the dark continent.

" Fine men are remembered for their reaction after a kill "

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I quite liked Richard. He used to tell stories of his hunts to break up an otherwise dull class. Canuck, with my luck not only would he bring out the ugly stick, but shove it where the sun don't shine, telling me to get my butt to Africa! It will happen one day, but as was said earlier, one wedding, one car, two credit cards, a computer that's almost paid for, and a down payment on a house are my priorities now. I'm starting my own family, and my resposibility is to that. The hunt WILL come later. The rifle project is the affordable way to keep the fire burning. A few bucks here and there. It's cheaper than buying two packs of smokes a week, which I'm trying to do as well. I figure I burn 80 bucks a month away on that, from my "Frivoulous spending account" (thanks Richard and English teachers the world over) after a year, dividing that money two ways, half for the rifle, half for the trip will make it that much closer to becoming reality! Keep your pant's on boys, the black hat wearing redneck is coming!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to get your juices flowing and also to see if the photo posting thingy works.

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Golly wow! Even us old eructations can do that picture posting stuff!

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMUHONA:

I took Richard hunting here in the dark continent,in July 2002, when he decided to try Namibia for a change.

Sooo, you must be the Helgaard I have been hearing so much about!! I should have put 2 and 2 together earlier, since I have noticed the Farm Felsenek location on your posts before. Smiler

I am Chris, the guy who got Bill and Richard together for that trip. I have known Richard for a while through this website and have met him in LA a couple times. Bill (The Iceman) is a very good friend of mine from Sparwood (where I lived for 15 years). I guess I just missed you the time you were in the Elk Valley.

Glad to see you are on the forums!!

Cheers,
Canuck

ps: George was Bill's doing, not mine. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK here it is.Wolfgar,Canuck,and N'gagi are going to do a straight eye for the faggy guy show. You will be instructed on the proper techniques on how to skim money from your paycheck, NEVER EVER tell wife how much it really costs, how to use subversive tactics to get your wife off of your back (we cover lies and deception here too)and how to keep your eyes on the prize when the going get's tough.How to justify all of your bullshit in your own mind and feel good about it, and finally how to say "Sorry honey, but I'm going" anyway,see ya in 2 weeks! Wolf

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post

Posts: 74 | Location: Felseneck-Namibia | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post
Canuck !
Finally got this photo posted, now you atleast know what the Namibian youngster looks like.
Can not get it 'edited' onto my prfile though.
I give the same 'URL',but no go.
Any idea what I am doing wrong here ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, it is a small world. Canuck, I'm willing to bet you know the Kaisners too/ If you lived in Sparwood, it only makes sense.

one of us
Picture of OMUHONA
posted Hide Post
Can not get it 'edited' onto my prfile though.
I give the same 'URL',but no go.
Any idea what I am doing wrong here ?[/QUOTE]

Smiler Hey,technology sometimes works for us too.
Thanks anyway.
"Dude Cabela", Bill admits that he was his doing.

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK here it is.Wolfgar,Canuck,and N'gagi are going to do a straight eye for the faggy guy show. You will be instructed on the proper techniques on how to skim money from your paycheck, NEVER EVER tell wife how much it really costs, how to use subversive tactics to get your wife off of your back (we cover lies and deception here too)and how to keep your eyes on the prize when the going get's tough.How to justify all of your bullshit in your own mind and feel good about it, and finally how to say "Sorry honey, but I'm going" anyway,see ya in 2 weeks! Wolf

Like I said, my wife got a pool and a remodel out of it. She's happy enough.

Kind of like haggling is part of buying things at a gun show, I think wives like to haggle a bit when giving out kitchen passes. As long as she feels like she got the better end of the deal, everybody is happy.

My pop was right. "Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

Mark Jackson

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
OMUHONA,

I see you gotter figured OK. The trick with the avatars is to be patient....they take a while to load and resize properly.

"Dude Cabela"...that's a good description. I've always known him as the "Silver Fox". Only met him a few times though. He just happened to be in the same room while I was telling The Iceman about the opportunity with Richard and yourself. You know the rest of the story!

I was talking to Bill the other day...I heard you have an interesting story and video about a spotted puddy-tat!

Cheers,
Canuck

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pharaoh2:
... I'm willing to bet you know the Kaisners too/ If you lived in Sparwood, it only makes sense.

That's an easy one....everyone that lived in Sparwood for long knows the Kaisner's (or at least knows of them). They're kinda like one of the founding families, so to speak.

Cheers,
Canuck