Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
quote:
Originally posted by Manyathelo:
@ SteveGI you need your head read mate! How in any way can that be good?

This guy is an elite athlete taking part in a series of mountain bike races that take place in local game reserves. The money is a great help to the running and maintenance of these reserves. And by the way they also allow a limited number of trophy hunts on the property/s.

I’ll reply to this post alone; haven’t time to do more.

Over the years (60 in 2 days!), I've become something of a purist utilitarian; and as one of the consequences of that, my regard for “elite athletes” has diminished considerably. Americans are crazy for them and worship them almost as Gods … even bicycle racers! bewildered

It’s not that I’m anti-sports or anti-competition or anything like that. Hell, I was raised in a football-playing family and spent a couple of decades training with pro-fighters. It’s just gotten out of hand with all the stupid X-sports.

I have much more respect for ranchers and farmers, craftsmen and others (including PHs) whose knowledge and abilities are broader and more connected to real-life and not some contrived competition. I believe they possess great wisdom … (even if they don’t often express it very well). Wink

Let’s celebrate the elite PHs here in the African Hunting forum … and the elite outfitters and game-ranchers without which this forum wouldn’t exist.

F#@k the elite athletes (except for boxers, of course). Big Grin

Besides, according to Natural-Law, the hartebeest had right-of-way. animal

strange how you grant exceptions to the "elite" athletes you claim to have affinity with( boxers). if your picture is any indication- well never mind.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The thing that bothers me about cyclists is the bunch, eight or ten, who cluster up in the only lane of a two lane urban roadway and move at twenty MPH when the limit is 35 and then get obnoxious when you toot at them to yield. Makes we want to floor it and smash my way through the pack. That is pushing things and it wouldn't bother me to see the whole lot go down and land on their heads. They may consider themselves elite sportsmen, but I consider them to be less than ordinary assholes.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
How dare those assholes ride bikes on public roadways!!!! Eeker

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote