THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    There's something about hunting Pigs

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There's something about hunting Pigs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Shona
posted
There's just something about hunting pigs that one will only understand once you've done it.
This post is a tribute to Phacochoerus africanus the common Warthog.
All pigs was taken by our clients during this hunting season.

We've also decided to give AR members a special Package Deal for 2010 Please look under the Oufitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts Section.

Enjoy!!!!

Johann Veldsman

Shona Hunting Adventures

www.facebook.com/shonahunting

www.AfricanHuntingNamibia.com
www.conservation-hunting.com
Mobile: +264 81 128 3105

P.o. Box 564
Outjo
Namibia
Africa

Posts: 196 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fine Swine Wish He Were Mine.
Not to hijack the topic, but has anyone ever had drinking tankards made using warthog tusks as handles?
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robert Ruark said that birdshooting was so pleasurable "because they set lightly on the conscience." I think pig hunting is much the same. They're just fun to shoot.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I love hunting pigs! However, in two trips to Africa, I failed to kill a warthog. They and impala, the two most common African animals, simply eluded me. I make up for it by taking it out on their North American cousins (feral hogs). A big fat warthog is on the top of my trophy list for the next time over.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great pose for the pigs on the dirt hill, or are those termite mounds ? It gives stature to them. I too love shooting warthogs.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A well-tusked Warty is a very under-appreciated trophy. To me they symbolize Africa, much like an Impala or Kudu.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nampom
posted Hide Post
Johann - great pigs thumb

All the best
Roger

VIERANAS Bow & Hunting
Adventure Safaris Namibia
#TPH00157

Roger@vieranasbowhunt.com
www.vieranasbowhunt.com

http://www.facebook.com/Vieranas.Safaris.Namibia

"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport" Saxton Pope

Posts: 240 | Location: Africa Namibia - Kamanjab | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Warthogs were my favorite animal to hunt, when I was in the limpopo, in 2008. I don't think I could make any trip to africa, and not try for another wartie.

I could make a whole trip on warthogs and bushpigs Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of only.375H&H
posted Hide Post
I have been three times this year hunting in South Africa but always failed to hunt a warthog (but successful hunted two bush pigs in the same evening)despite the fact that i was mentioned every day to my PH.
Recommendations are welcome..... Frowner

Work to live...live to Hunt....

Posts: 91 | Location: Angola | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great trophies and they are absolutely fun to hunt!
My two trips to RSA gave me two pigs.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roberto, here is who we hunted with.

www.cruisersafaris.com/

Here are the picks of the warties we took.

These boys will put you on some pigs.

Mad Dog

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Pumba rocks!!

I didnt get any this year and it was probably my only [small] "complaint" about the hunt.

My favourite trophy is the sheild I have with all my warty tusks on it from '05.

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of only.375H&H
posted Hide Post
Thank very much for the info Mad Dog
Your warties look very nice.
Well done.
Will look into the web.

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
Roberto, here is who we hunted with.

www.cruisersafaris.com/

Here are the picks of the warties we took.

These boys will put you on some pigs.

Mad Dog

Work to live...live to Hunt....

Posts: 91 | Location: Angola | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you all on your fine trophies! My own tusks from last year by the Limpopo should show up any day now. Not as big as the ones in your pictures, but I am happy anyway. Pumbaa was a great hunt!

Charlie's listening!

Posts: 50 | Location: Western Norway | Registered: 29 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My best to date.

I always like to hunt them, impala as well.

~Ann

Posts: 19159 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig, Ann! Smiler

Mad Dog

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DesertRam:

I know it may seem like I'm rubbing it in (bcause of my later remarks)but I shot an impala for camp meat that my PH wanted me to do the paper work for to send in to SCI for the Record book. (I refused) and repeatedly turned down opportunities to shoot warthogs. One time, a warthog trotted off, stopped, looked over his shoulder as if to say "What the hell are you looking at! I told the PH later I just didn't want to shoot him -and, yes, the tusks are very impressive and make a great trophy on a wall and by all means go ahead and get him. I speak only for myself. The PH said: " He just has too much character, doesn't he?". That was, indeed, the problem for me in shooting warthogs. (I have pics to this day taken of a warthog in deep cover looking at me from about 40 feet away. I should shoot him? This was in Zimbabwe, Chirisa safari District. I want to emphasize that the warthogs I saw were not like Arkansas razorbacks or Texas hogs. As fighters against leopards or lions I have no doubt they are fierce but I just never wanted to shoot them because of their behaviour around me -Private confession - The very gun shop where I bought the 375 H&H that I took to Africa (for buff) had a warthog displayed on the wall and I thought I wanted one. When I got "on the ground" I lost interest. Just me, I emphasize and no criticism of anyone who wants one.

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Here is my best little piggy:

And, here he is in my office always staring me in the back. (Picture taken from my office chair.)

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Johann: Very nice warties. I remember we glimpsed some big boys in the bush at Avondschaduw. Is this where these guys came from?
Bill Powell

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Myself and Thierry Labat with a Warthog taken in the Save'.
Took us quite a while to catch up to this guy but we stayed with it. Lots of set ups and running. The stories you here about Thierry being able to run are ALL TRUE!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Helgaard van der Vyver
posted Hide Post
Two warties from opposite ends of Africa, note the differences.

This one with client in central Namibia.

Client with wartie in Senegal.

Posts: 42 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I love killing pigs. They satisfy my blood lust year round. I just received the latest DSC Game Trails and saw a Spanish pig hunt. I want to eventually kill pigs on all continents!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Helgaard,
while both of those warties are true brutes,
that Senegal pig is UNREAL!! Has a really unique look to it and MASS on top of that!
Great pigs!!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I only have one so far.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote