THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Wire Transfer Changes on October 28 2013

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wire Transfer Changes on October 28 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not sure if anyone was aware of this, but I just got a letter from my credit union.

"According to changes to Federal law regarding foreign wires will be implemented on Oct 28 2013. Beginning Oct 28, wire transfer will be sent in the currency of the receiving country, not US dollars."

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow this just doesn't make sense!

Most countries, inclusive of African states, have relaxed their banking laws and allow businesses to operate foreign exchange accounts on diverse currencies.

This decision is going to create a shit storm as outfitters most always quote in USD and all payments for trophies, licenses, etc. in TZ for example, are quoted and payable in USD to the government authorities.

I can see the FEDS applying restrictions to black-listed individuals in some countries but not across the table.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Zim uses USD.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Somehow this just doesn't make sense!

Most countries, inclusive of African states, have relaxed their banking laws and allow businesses to operate foreign exchange accounts on diverse currencies.

This decision is going to create a shit storm as outfitters most always quote in USD and all payments for trophies, licenses, etc. in TZ for example, are quoted and payable in USD to the government authorities.

I can see the FEDS applying restrictions to black-listed individuals in some countries but not across the table.

My thoughts exactly. Most Southern and East African gov operate on the US$. West Africa the Euro.

Yup. Could get interesting.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
There is no such legal requirement. Wire transfers may continue to be sent abroad in US dollars after October 28, 2013. It may be that this is a specific credit union's policy, but it is not required by law.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whether one banking institution or Federal law, it is absurd. Most bank's foreign currency desks could not find some African currencies, and would surely have a very wide spread on even the common ones!
This will not fly!

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think your credit union misinterpreted the rules.

http://www.icba.org/files/ICBA...nceTransferRules.pdf

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote