New
Find
Notify
Tools

GS Custom at it again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
GS Custom cashed my check six months ago. Finally, two months ago, they said the order had been manufactured, but they did not have a box to put it in. They promised shipment and a tracking number within "the next few weeks". Now they don't answer inquiries at all.

Nobody's bullets are good enough to put up with this kind of business practice.

Posts: 283 | Location: Florida | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat. I placed my order over 18 months ago. They billed my credit card immediately. 4 months ago Gina promised to refund my money, but in the process of working out the details, she simply stopped replying to my emails.

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Another great product which will potentially die due to poor business management.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take heart!!

I placed an order on December 4, 2001.

I received half of the order in November, 2002.

GS told me that the other half of the order was shipped the third week of March, 2003. It has not arrived yet. I keep my fingers crossed.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bridger takes about a week...

Pertinax

Posts: 444 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
When I can get Woodleighs overnight, there is no reason for me to make life more difficult.

GS Custom - I hope you get your act together. You have a lot of competition out there doing it faster, better, cheaper.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
With Mike Brady having great bullets and being a super guy to work with, I would just shift over to North Fork Bullets.

You get the ridged shank too. [Wink]

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I got a package from RSA today...

It took barely more than 2 weeks to make the trip from there to here.

It could take that long to get something from the USA sometimes...

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Per577>
posted
I think the company stabs people in their back, with a huge knife !!
" Corruption seems to flourish,,while promises decay "
People taking money from you and at the same time bear in mind they can't return the stuff,,should be beaten very hard !! [Mad]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HunterJim:
With Mike Brady having great bullets and being a super guy to work with, I would just shift over to North Fork Bullets.

You get the ridged shank too. [Wink]

jim

But no solids.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
500grains,

Mike has made some cup point solids, and he kindly sent me some in .375" to test. He says the solid market here is very small.

I was thinking I could just take the regular North Fork bullet and turn it around in the case thereby having the equivalent of the hard-cast lead bullet we can't seem to stop reading about. <---danger, humor at work [Wink]

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Why do you guys even BOTHER with these small outfits anyway? What is wrong with Swifts, Barnes, Nosler etc? jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Jorge, I'm with you 100%.

I can get by with Nosler Partitions and Trophy Bonded solids for all my hunting. I don't need anything else.

AD

posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree, why bother? The product is likely good but not worth even 1/10 of this much hassle, especially with all good solids available these days.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with John and Allen. This business of blaming it on the mail service is bunk! I just recieved some items from a company in SA and it took only ten days to get here. I've never had anything take over two weeks from SA, why would bullets be any different?

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:
I have to agree with John and Allen. This business of blaming it on the mail service is bunk! I just recieved some items from a company in SA and it took only ten days to get here. I've never had anything take over two weeks from SA, why would bullets be any different?

Well, not to defend GS bullets too much (I have no personal knowledge except by chatting with them by email: they seemed to be stand-up folks)...

Did any of your packages say "bullets" or something firearms related? I can tell you that if a parcel indicates ANYTHING gun-related it is more likely to be delayed or vanish going from the USA to Sweden.

Still, the mail can't be the only thing. I did hear however, that the supplier of their secure online website at one time had some problems and some orders didn't get passed to the factory.

Gerald seems like a good guy, but perhaps operating in the wrong country...

Wish I could help... because I want some of those bullets myself!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
I'm with Jerry, John and Allen. . .Why go to all the trouble to be disappointed just to say you were the first on the block to use a bullet you'll never get?

Too many excuses, not enough products in the hand of customers. . . BAD BUSINESS

Rusty
We band of brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree 100%. No bullet is worth that much grief.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No more GS bullets for me. I did get my order after 6 months, but to me its not worth the worry and wait. If you want to try something other than the Swifts, Noslers or Woodleighs try Mike Brady's North Fork bullets for a great soft.

John

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to agree, but for shooting Buffalo I have to say they are worth whatever I have to go through to use them...I can live without the HV's but never without the flat nose solids, unless the Bridgers work as well, We will see this year as I have several hundred of the bridgers for testing..They sure are pretty to look at...

Posts: 41865 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote