THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dande Anti Poaching Unit 2016 Financial Report

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dande Anti Poaching Unit 2016 Financial Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks please find attached DAPU www.dapuzim.com end of year report. I am happy to say it looks like, with the support of many of you, that DAPU is really making a big difference! The game is increasing while the annual snare count goes down as does the meat poachers arrests etc. This report makes for interesting reading and once again thanks very much for all the support! All the best Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. The story of today's Africa is written here. Interesting!
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bambazonke
posted Hide Post
well done to all involved
a true African success story tu2

Posts: 104 | Location: Zimbabwe somewhere | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely brilliant.

Everyone who reads this should be sending it to 3 non-hunters as a concrete example of what hunting as conservation in action.

Is this available in PDF format?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 892 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Keep on Buzz, Myles and the team Smiler

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Buzz,

I have a feeling donors are not just AR members and those listed, but how many hunting/firearms/bullet corporations support DAPU? There are many supporting, or advertising, on the shows the tv here. I haven't donated yet, but will.

I don't say that for recognition of my donation is but a pittance, but I hope it helps. I hope the SCI haters (I have been one, except for my local chapter) see they do help.

I realize corporations may have a problem funding something that could be seen as a "mercenary" unit, but it must be understood that it is needed to protect the game. What you have provided is evidence that it works.

Cheers.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very well done!

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buzz.

I was personally surprised at the increase in PG that I saw when I was there last year. We covered a lot of miles walking. It was the first safari (out of 24) where we did not find a snare.

I can only attribute this to DAPU.

Posts: 12018 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic job guys.
If only other people had your commitment and foresight.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are amazing. You set the very highest standards for the whole industry.

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should post this on Facebook so we can all like and share to get the word out.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done to all involved!

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
You should post this on Facebook so we can all like and share to get the word out.

This^^

And all followers/friends will share far and wide

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi All

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. Marcus we have had virtually zero donations from the larger groups with 99% donations coming from clients/ friends private individuals and one smaller chapter- for which we are incredibly grateful for.

We did have a nominal donation from SCI. However as a whole considering that DAPU is one of the very few anti poaching operations that can genuinely account for every cent donated I am surprised and a little disappointed that none of the larger organizations have reached out.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote