New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Wierd email
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I received it, too, and think the guy is legitimately just showing us what he sincerely e-mailed to Saeed.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Saeed:

I am a new user to your Wed Site and up to the last few days, I have enjoyed

it very much. Most of the folks seem to be very helpful and provide some

good insight. I have an interest in going to Africa and have talked to some

folks about it (via e-mail). I have a need to research and understand more

before I make a commitment. Recently, I started viewing your African

Hunting Site and all seemed to be ever different from the others areas ie a

lot of cursing and name calling, etc. I wanted to search out this a little

for myself and seeing that "Carmelo" seemed to be the "point of the sword" I

e-mailed him inquiring as to assistance he could provide me. Unfortunately,

he advises he is censored by the "Site" which I find hard to believe seeing

the use of profanity is extreme is some cases and the name calling and

insults do not seem to have an end. At that point, I decided to retrace

some of the history "Carmelo's" postings, it is evident through that review

that Carmelo is more interested in stirring the pot than providing any

useful insight or asking reasonable questions. Now it seems as if he has an

evil twin Canelo or something like that. I believe everyone has a right to

provide their views, however, when their actions/speech interfere, the only

purposes is to continue conflict, call others names, or just plain agitate

others what is the need or purpose for allowing that to continue?

I consider myself to be a reasonable person and listen attentively to what

other have to say, however, the continued use of profanity and inflaming the

situation is not a good environment. I do not consider myself to be thin

skinned, however, have you thought that some of this raving is being watched

by younger people and that others are affected by the continuous "noise"

that seems attributed to his fellow Carmelo.

You may want to "get a firm hold" on this situation before it gets further

out of hand and causes reasonable people to look elsewhere for information.

Ultimately, your Company may become associated with all this rancor. I do

not think that is something you wish for and I hope you or the powers that

be will take control of this situation, in the end it will be in your

interest!

Please let me have your feedback...Since you have seen this over a longer

period of time...I hope I am wrong about this....

Best regards,

JJS

Recieved a couple of emails from this idiot.

Chuck

Posts: 2657 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It could also be something else.
Zero Drift's thread

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George, I have definately considered that for sure.

To put up with this nonsense, Saeed is a better man than I am, that is for sure.

Chuck

Posts: 2657 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is another one I just recieved.

Chuck,

Saw your posting on the site of my e-mail and your comment...May be you can

read below what Art said....What started all this was your response to my

posting...Chuck, you may want to open your eyes before you speak

My only response was to Carmelo, and believe I asked him if he enjoyed talking to himself. Is JJS Carmelo?

Jim, if you are legit, please explain yourself a little more clearly in your email messages or do the PM thing.

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don, does that mean Carmelo went bye bye

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
There is one problem gentlemen...Carmelo is not only disruptive, but in his knowledge as a systems guy he started sending me emails about 1 a minute totalling hosing my company's email system.
This bordered on an illegal activity.

I don't spend hours a week keeping this site running for the privelege of being abused.

As far as I am concerned he is personna non gratis here.

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck I must commend you for doing the research first before posting regarding the Carmelo issue. I write this at the risk of stepping in the "DO_DO" but feel compelled to stand with Saeed in defense of his policy of NO CENSORSHIP.
For me, Carmello has been on Ignore since before the feature was added to the boards. I do not waste my time with his sort of non-information. I beleive however that Saeed is practicing the most sacred form of tolerence in allowing freedom of speech to prevail in our already overly regulated, scrutinized and dictated society. Carmello may be a nuisance and a real pain-in-the behind but we as Americans and citizens of other nations must remember that we must forever defend the rights of the Deranged, defenseless and demented to speak their own minds. No person can ever assume the right to stop others from speaking freely. We all have the right to "IGNORE", what he says and with the new features of this board we don't even have to read what he says but we can never assume the right to deny his ability to speak.
Saeed is showing us all the true meaning of freedom. It is the right to individually decide. We as members of Accurate Reloading must choose if we are going to follow his example of No-Censorship and Freedom of SPeech, or allow ourselves to be herded away from our responsibilities as free individuals by someone as meaningless as this Carmelo.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Only for a few minutes. He keeps reappearing and I keep sweeping off topic threads. If he wants to post about hunting those posts will not get moved.

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

We try to be relatively tolerant on this site, and most of the times this policy works.

I've had an enormous number of members asking us to ban Carmelo - something which is not generally in our policy.

We have absolutely no problem with anyone posting their views. Whether we agree with them or not makes no difference at all.

Name calling and generally being rude normally has a negative effect on the person initiating it, and most members tend to just ignore it.

Just as yourself, I do not enjoy seeing what I assume to be grown up, responsible hunters insulting each other.

At the same time we - Aministrators and Moderators on AR - cannot assume the position where what words or sentences can be used. The software comes with its own censored words, we just turned this feature off.

We do, however, care about AR, and would like to see it continue to provide a free service to hunters and shooters from all over the world.

So when someone takes it upon himself to disrupt AR, we try to do something about it.

In the past, I have banned certain posters, whose sole purpose was to disrupt our site - unbelievably, they actually posted what they wanted to do on another, shooting related site! Several of them registered with several IDs on AR - which is the first sign that something is not kosher.

Anyway, that little game did last long.

I hope this answers your question, and I will be more than happy to answer any question you might have regarding this web site.

Now I see Carmelo is doing the same thing, going as far as to bombard us with a string of email messages. I am not sure, but I think this is considered as a crime by the FBI.

This left us no option but to block his access, and I hope this silly game he is playing is going to end here.

If it does not, we have already gotten quite a bit of information about him, and will be happy to pass it on to the authorities.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that him and people like him, are anti-hunting and anti-shooting.

I am sure we are going to get some flack for banning him, but I hope that most of our members appreciate that this was done to resolve a problem created by Carmelo, and has absolutely nothing to do with free speech or freedom of expression.

Two values that we have the utmost of respect for.

Posts: 66976 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I understand your reluctance to restrict admission to the AR site and commend you for your tolerance of free speech, no matter how essentially deranged it might be. That being said, THANK-YOU for eliminating the disruptor at the source. Though everyone should have the right to speak their mind, no one has the right to insist that anyone listen to him. Again, thank-you.
Good Hunting, Brother,

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Saeed,
I understand your reluctance to restrict admission to the AR site and commend you for your tolerance of free speech, no matter how essentially deranged it might be. That being said, THANK-YOU for eliminating the disruptor at the source. Though everyone should have the right to speak their mind, no one has the right to insist that anyone listen to him. Again, thank-you.
Good Hunting, Brother,

Saeed,

Ditto from me!!! A line has to be drawn at some point.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good job, Saeed.

Pat

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I think that you are absolutely correct in this decision.

Posts: 12543 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

Sorry for the confusion. I am new to this site and internet forums, in general. I think I joined this site April 22 (not sure of exact date). I have a real interest in going to Africa in the future and decided to use the site for that purpose. As I look through postings, I had a difficult time given all the issues related to the Carmelo poster/imposter. Anyway, I looked back through alot of those postings and saw many issues which I addressed in my e-mail (which you posted). May be that helped not sure...Anyway you can see that I am not the Carmelo character...Again, sorry for the confusion...Thanks JJS

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No worries, I apologize as well. I didn't know what was going on.

Chuck