THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    SCI Convention not going to Dallas 2013

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Convention not going to Dallas 2013
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
According to the local news, the S.C.I. Convention in 2013 and 2015 will be back in Reno. SCI was supposed to be in Dallas in 2013.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9498 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Me too - after all the problems DSC had with the Dallas Convention Center this year.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
What problems are you talking about? I knows there were move in problems and DSC also know it and they were as blind to the new venue as I and everyone else was. They need to get more doors open for move in. I told this to the Convention Director. A broken water line and clean up was done asap and all picked in to move vendor merchandise and all dryed and reset by morning.
I do believe this year was a learning experience for all involved and next year will be like clock work.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I thought the Dallas move was in 2014.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I know if you ask the PH's they are ready for a change from Reno. There favorite reason I hear: "'Cuz there is fuck-all to do there"! Not my words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37886 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Also...I thought the DSC was fine...except for water leak...can't be helped and may happen anywhere!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37886 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Safari Club International picks Reno for shows

Associated Press - January 19, 2010 7:45 PM ET

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Officials say Safari Club International has signed up for two more conventions in Reno, in 2013 and 2015.

Convention Chairman Bruce Eavenson and Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority CEO Ellen Oppenheim signed agreements Tuesday at the convention center.

This year's members-only convention opens Wednesday. It is expected to draw 21,000 people and generate an estimated $20 million in economic impact in the Reno-Sparks area.

Safari Club International has already committed to Reno for its 2011 convention and to Las Vegas for 2012 and 2014.

Site selection Chairman Skip Donau says the Reno-Sparks community came together and made a proposal Safari Club International couldn't refuse for 2013 and 2015.

Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9498 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$$$ It has always been about the most amount of money. I wont say it is necessarily the most bang for the buck. It is however the most amount of bucks. I am not particularly fond of Reno myself. It is difficult to get in and out of and the hotels are not up to the standards of other places. They have however been doing a lot of upgrades and the properties are getting better. SCI puts a lot more money into the coffers by dealing with Reno rather than other locations. In the end that is what it is all about. As far as nothing to do? I go to the convention, usually dinner and drinking with friends from all over, and a littlee gambling. I dont know what else one needs. My biggest complaint is I want to get out of the damn snow and cold. I get enough of that here.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice negotiating ploy. Wonder what concessions they got?

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My biggest complaint is I want to get out of the damn snow and cold. I get enough of that here.

Same here, ....that's why I like Reno!!

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I said they wouldn't be at Dallas on the Mark Sullivan thread on Jan 3.

How did I know that??

Bill Phifer told me!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Artic, Yes I know everything is relative. Big Grin

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote