THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Beware: Update on Usangu Safari/Zahir Mullah
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware: Update on Usangu Safari/Zahir Mullah
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
The Director is currently travelling.

Maybe you should fwd those reports to the organizers of the UAE hunting show?

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I knew how I would.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 67044 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have e mailed the ADIHEX people the information from the hunting report.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Let us know if they reply? shocker

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There has been no response from either the director of wildlife or the Adihex people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I was one of the hunters, along with Larry01 that was shafted by Mulla in 2007. It was lucky for him that he didn't show up in camp as I think the problem might have been solved by the croc's. His camp staff was not happy with him, either.

Does anyone know what has happened to Fronterhouse, his U.S. agent?

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
I have been advised that Zahir Mullah is now operating under Mwatisi Safaris and is in buiness with someone by the name of Sherdal Omari and plans to attend the Adihex Hunting Show in Abu Dhabi from Sept 30th to Oct 3rd. Booth #9151. They do not seem to have a Web Site, so I don't have any contact details. If anyone can confirm this please advise?

I advise anyone not to book with this man until they research Usangu Safaris and learn about all the deposit money the Clients lost to him in 2006 & 2007

posted Hide Post
Larry
Mwatisi Safaris is solely owned by SHERDELL-O-SHERDELL.He and Zahir "dislike"each other tremendously.Sherdell was a "PH"subcontractor for Usangu and was never paid for the last few safaris.I was one of the last clients in 2007.Sherdell was my "PH"in 1999,2007,and will be again next week for 21 days.I wil help clarify any Usangu ? I can. Jim D of TX

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Jim
Thanks for the feedback. Please keep us posted with any info you might pick up.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sherdell has also been a guest in my home more than once and has denied any wrongdoing. BUT he is linked by family ties as he and Abdul grew up together. Sorry Jim, but your information may or may not be accurate as this is 2009. This business makes for strange bedfellows.

Jeff

posted Hide Post
Jeff
I know the family ties of Zahir,Abdul,and Sherdell.No need to be sorry my information is very "acurate".I helped Sherdell form Mwatisi Safaris after he and I were swindled.He is a
very honorable man.
I will gladly answer any "Question"you might have about Sherdell. Jim D

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I think the obvious question that should not need asking is whether Zahir Mulla (banned from DSC, SCI and the USA) is in cahoots, business with, associated with or whatever with Sherdell Omar Sherdell and his Safari company???

If you are looking to defend Sherdell, you may want to start here. By the way the printed material of Usangu Safari's listed Sherdell as a "Director". Still have a copy if you would like to see. I had considered Sherdell a friend at one time and he has told me after the fact that he was "only a PH".

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I just looked at Usangu Safaris on the net and it appears they are still in business. Also they have on there site are links to Gracy Travel and MedJet. However clicking on the Color Brochure link it list Zahir as well as Bill Fronterhouse as US Represenitive? Not sure if that is correct. As for any associates of Zahir's, I figure a person is the same as the company he keeps. thumbdown

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
He might be banned from the conventions but I'll bet a pound to a pinch of the brown stuff that he'll have at least one poor sucker of an agent representing his outfit at each show.

Quite how that can be prevented, I don't know. Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from 3 weeks in Africa. I have looked at my e mails. I did NOT get a response from either party that I forwarded the information to. Very disappointing, especially about the TZ wildlife offical.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Larry. John Barth told me you had a great trip. Details lad gotta have em...

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JimD,

It has been a month. Are you back? You going to clarify this "arrangement" for us?

Jeff

posted Hide Post
Buana
Had a great Safari with Sherdell.He is the sole owner of Mwatisi Safaris with no ties to his former emp.I will continue to help Sherdell in building His company.Zahir could end up with his liscense and a concession as a result of the reposession of Usangu concessions 2 years before his contract expired with the govt.All we can do is warn fellow hunters about the past and look forward to the future.SCI may have sanctions in place but European com. may not.