Uganda with Archie
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, Anton. Watched it and enjoyed seeing a different part of africa. Quite irritating how tame the animals are?!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed watching those also. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Those are some of the largest Impala I have ever seen.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Unique videos; I wonder what the weight of the bow was?

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a bowhunter I really enjoyed the videos of the hunts. Thanks for posting.
JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Great videos but maybe to easy for a rifle hunt

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
Thanks for sharing, Anton. Watched it and enjoyed seeing a different part of africa. Quite irritating how tame the animals are?!

In the first video he refers to the zebra standing looking at him at the stated range of 60 yards as, "elusive".

I sure appreciate getting to see video of Uganda but the hunter in the show makes me glad I don't pay for cable tv.

Posts: 9124 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
Those are some of the largest Impala I have ever seen.

Those must be Gigantala. It's why the ones we are all familiar with are reffered to as IMP-ala.

What a place to hunt.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
I am in Kampala for 4 weeks of work just now. We went to Murchison Falls last weekend and did some game drives. I really missed having my .375 H&H as the game is amazing. Yeah, its a park but WOW! Some big ivory on some of ht tuskers and we saw a massive waterbuck. I'll have to come hunting here someday!

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BwanaCole:
I am in Kampala for 4 weeks of work just now. We went to Murchison Falls last weekend and did some game drives. I really missed having my .375 H&H as the game is amazing. Yeah, its a park but WOW! Some big ivory on some of ht tuskers and we saw a massive waterbuck. I'll have to come hunting here someday!

Yes I hear Murch. Falls has made a nice recovery since the days of Idi Amin..good to hear!

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
enjoyed the videos but i can't figure out why the narrator is talking/reading in the first person, as he OBVIOUSLY isn't Archie Nesbitt.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
Originally posted by BwanaCole:

Yes I hear Murch. Falls has made a nice recovery since the days of Idi Amin..good to hear!

As well as Kidepo Valley National Park in Karamoja.

Bwanacole,
You should go up there and see the Karamoja. My friend Patrick Devy has a nice camp on the edge. PM me if you want contact information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the videos Anton - quite nice.

I was supposed to go to that first camp last year - but had to cancel trip. Maybe in 2014... have seen pictures of nice Buffalo too.

Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nicely produced videos. His first season was on the Sportsman Channel but I can't find it this season... maybe he is relegated to YouTube now. Too bad, his hunt last year in Ethiopia was excellent. A mountain nyala with a bow is quite a feat but he pulled it off!

It certainly beats the whitetail pablum and the "pigman" series...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I agree completely. His show is/was great. I was impressed with the Mtn Nyala as well.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
It certainly beats the whitetail pablum and the "pigman" series...

Amen!

Mike

Posts: 21240 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote