Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PASSPORTS
 Login/Join

posted
I HAVE A FRIEND WHO'S FLY DATE IS ABOUT 80 DAYS AWAY. THEY ARE STARTING TO WORRY ABOUT THEIR PASSPORT. THEY APPLIED IN EARLY JANUARY. I KEEP TELLING THEM IT WILL GET HERE, THAT IT TAKES ABOUT 12 WEEKS. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WAY TO CHECK ON A PASSPORT?

Posts: 13 | Location: CENTERVILLE, GA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 448 | Location: High Ridge MO USA | Registered: 16 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That does seem a bit long. I sent in for a renewal, no rush, on Feb 23 and got it last Thursday (Mar 25). Perhaps a new one takes longer, but I seem to recall my original only taking about 6 weeks. You maybe better look into this. Has his check cleared the bank yet?

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last year when we got ours, the folks at the courthouse told us to expect it in six weeks. I took this to mean more likely three months. But they showed up in about four weeks. I'd check on it.

If anything is wrong or just done in a manner not to their liking, it could take longer just for the bureacrats to let you know there is a problem.

Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to a post office in a major city, pay the extra and get one in a week or two. I've seen signs in Downtown Houston for 24hr passports.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your friend should go and ask if there is a problem. A new passport should really take only about 3 weeks at most, and an expedited passport takes about a week, even after 9/11, I think. Your friend should call the State Department issueing office they sent the required information to and see if there is a problem.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote