Find
Notify
Tools

Is Mark Sullivan Gay?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shakari,

I happen to know that you are misinformed about Tzn and the difficulty of getting a PH license. They can be bought through the right channels. Or at least they could at one time.

They may well have tightened it up in the last several years I've heard as much anyway but it was very lose some years back in Tanzania.

What is the status of allowing South African PH's hunting rights in Tzn now?

When I last spoke to Mark in reno he told me that he got his start in South Africa.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Lottfan:
Quote by Shakari:

As is the bulk of this trash talking topic!!
The guy makes money doing what he loves and people pay him to do it. Who cares if you don't like it. Don't spend your money with him. And move on with your your own life. It is that simple.

Dom't worry what the non-hunting public think about him.

If you want ot hunt with him go ahead. If anybody wants to hunt with him that it is their dime. From what I've seen in his videos I'd chose not to. End of story.

Carmello,

What part of DON'T send me anymore PM's are you having a hard time inderstanding? You've been asked not to sling your crap here in public so you're trying to do it in private now I'm guessing. Thank you for your understanding. Mr. "Flame master." Smiler

One of Us
Picture of carmelo@worldshooter.com
posted Hide Post
SureStrike,
All I can say is good luck and much success in all of your hunting endeavors.

-Carmelo A. Lisciotto
www.WorldShooter.com

carmelo@worldshooter.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Carmello,

Thank you sweetheart..XXXOOO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
Carmello,

Thank you sweetheart..XXXOOO.

Please,
Can't we all just get off the gay humor? animal

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The only thing I commented on was the requirements for PH qualification. - but if anyone thinks it's easy, why not go ahead and do it....... you'll need to find a TZ hunting company willing to put their name to your application, then provide at least 4 checkable references from TZ PHs, the same from PHs in other parts of Africa, at least the same again from past clients you've hunted professionally, proof of considerable DG experience as a PH in other African countries, proof of full membership of a PH organisation, proof of a full PH DG qualification in another African country, a full CV of your professional and private African hunting experience including names of all past clients and details of whatever else you've been doing for a living, then you have to pass a long and very comprehensive written exam which covers not only the various hunting acts but also the more practical aspects of Professional Hunting, then you also have to pass the oral examination by what is essentially the TZPHA board plus the top guys from the TZ Game Department. This exam covers everything from Professional Hunting and the law, to trees, birds and gestation periods of animals, scientific names of anything they can think of and any other question they feel like asking. You also have to be prepared to spend the required sum to get you there at short notice, pay all the various fees and additional costs involved. - Total is well in excess of US$6K - If you fail, come back next time (usually next year) and start again........

Once you've gained your PH qualification, you have to keep it..... there's basically 2 acts directly related (plus others indirectly related) to hunting you have to comply with and each act has an English and a Swahili version...... all four are different. Confused The rules & penalties for breaking any version of any act are severe to say the least....... these can included loss of PH licence, confiscation of the clients trophies, big fines and possible jail time for the PH.

Another way of gaining the qualification is to attend the Wildlife College for (either?) 2 or 3 years, (full time). The syllabus is available on the net somewhere. - Then gain a lot of practical experience and then pass the exam and interview.

I wouldn't call any of that easy. One of the things they're looking for primarily, is a lot of past experience. - and believe me bwana, whoever told you the licence can be bought or is easy to acquire is shooting you a line........ I'd be interested in knowing who told you that and where etc Smiler

One of Us
Picture of almostacowboy
posted Hide Post
This thread should have been titled "Letter From
A Spurned Schoolgirl".

Dave thumbdown

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value."
-Thomas Paine, "American Crisis"

Posts: 816 | Location: Llano, CA Mojave Desert | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by almostacowboy:
This thread should have been titled "Letter From
A Spurned Schoolgirl".

Dave thumbdown

That is a stupid title also, worse than the current one, but it does suggest the way Mark Sullivan behaved.

He had a hissy-fit-conniption when the client had the balls to drop the charging hippo at 20 yards, instead of allowing Markie-Mark to do the usual stunt on camera. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carmelo@worldshooter.com:
SureStrike,
All I can say is good luck and much success in all of your hunting endeavors.

Is this the new "kinder, gentler" Carmelpants we are seeing here?

DC300

Posts: 334 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this One if His Lavender Cowboy clients, maybe?

posted Hide Post
Gay or not

He makes himself out to be some kind of a God. THAT is his biggest mistake.
His day will come....
Some peeved off capie will make sure of that.
Like we say in afrikaans, hy gaan nog sy gat sien.

No offense MS.

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
there is several gods in Africa, but the one to rock MS`s world is the one that his arabian name of "kaffir", ie mr M`bogo which doesnt have any gods,because he is God with capital G.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Since we are dredging up old Mark Sullivan posts with high post counts....who can forget this classic. Sorry. Cool

Looks like we need a Mark Sullivan forum. Big Grin

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Mark Sullivan is NOT gay. That is one thing I am certain about.

But, I will repeat what I had posted on this post earlier.

He sure has a QUEER way of hunting.
And he sure has a QUEER way of justifying it in his open letter copied below rotflmo

"...To members of AR, friends, and clients:

It gives me great pleasure to have this opportunity to write you. To the surprise of many, I have not purposely avoided this day. I am not as well versed in the computer arena as many of you, nor do I wish to be. I live a simple life. I have never tried or wanted to be a disruptive influence. I go about my business one day at a time. I infringe upon no one. I expect the same from others. I suppose this is why I am misunderstood. People believe I am aloof; and perhaps even arrogant. I am none of the above. My intentions are honorable, I assure you. For my critics on this forum I now answer your allegations against me.

I began my professional hunting career in Tanzania in 1990 at the age of 40. Then as now; I go about my business one day at a time. I offend no one. I am professional to everyone. I have no ax to grind and; no dog in the fight. As I did 20 years ago, I still, in my view, hunt for all of the right reasons and none of the bad as I have so often been accused. I do not hunt for the camera or to show off. I do not brag or boast. I instruct. I answer questions. I also write books. I make documentary hunting films that are responsible for thousands of hunters going on safari each year.

My movies evoke great emotion. Either you like them or you do not. Regardless of your emotions so invoked, they are true. The charges are real. If you watch them with an unbiased eye, you will notice no edits ever occur moments before or during a charge. In all cases, my clients shoot first. My shot always follows theirs. The footage is unaltered. It is authentic as it happens footage. Whether you like what you see or not is a different matter. The life and death events depicted on the screen cannot be denied. In the wild, everyday is kill or be killed, eat or be eaten. My films simply show this raw side of nature.

I suppose the reason why a great many people hate me and my movies, for lack of a better description, is I do what I do because it is who I am. Just as it may be your nature not to take chances, which makes you who and what you are. I love the confrontation. I seek it. I enjoy a fight to the death. I relish the idea that if I perform poorly I die a horrible death. I’m attracted to the cycle of life and death. I often try and get as close to death as I can, crossing the line if I choose, just to get a good whiff. Last season I enjoyed four outstanding life and death charges with as many clients. No cameraman was present. Each client came away with a life defining experience. Each one would do it again if given the opportunity.

I know my manner and method of hunting is controversial. Yet, in my opinion, it represents the finest hunting there is. I honor the life I am about to take by offering my life in return. I can offer no more and therefore give hunting my all. If I fail to kill, I die. It is as simple as that. If we are to believe in the sport we call “dangerous game hunting,” then why do so many do everything in their power to remove as much danger as possible? Why call it dangerous game? Why not call it “least dangerous” if the object is to remove all danger? Why criticize me for accepting the danger in our sport? I do not like killing. I do like hunting—there is a difference. Anyone can kill a wounded Cape buffalo standing his ground 40 yards away. In my opinion, to do so is killing. On the other hand, to walk up and let that magnificent animal decide how he is to die in battle is great hunting. If you lack courage that is something I cannot help you with. But to condemn me because I have the courage you lack is unfair and unjust.

For example, a client shoots and wounds a buffalo. Then the buffalo is allowed to run. The client and professional hunter sit down for 30 to 45 minutes to let the buffalo “stiffen.” Is the buffalo not suffering during this time? The buffalo is allowed to “stiffen” which is code word to die. Is that “dangerous game” hunting to you? I pursue my buffalo immediately, every time. I do not want to find him dead. I want him alive. I want him to charge to his death or mine should I fail to stop him. Killing is boring. Great hunting never is. This is who I am. While I am on this point of clients wounding dangerous game and how quickly I go after it, let me address the often-mentioned criticism that I not only risk my own life, but that of my client. Over the past 20 years I have been a professional hunter I have never had a client (or tracker) harmed by an animal being hunted. In every instance, I first obtain express permission from the client. More often than not, a client chooses me to hunt with because of the unique hunting experience I offer. A client knows I have the proven experience to close with dangerous game and correctly books his safari. If the truth be known, I make a pretty good insurance policy.

Mr. Kim Petersen posted a letter addressed to me. I wish to answer his allegations.

The first is I intentionally wound buffalo so as to prompt them into charging. This is not true. I instruct my clients to always make the best possible shot. The indisputable fact is clients shoot poorly and nothing will ever change that reality. Coupled with the fact buffalo are notoriously difficult to kill, these two conditions make hunting them a challenge. I know many of you have killed buffalo with one shot. That is not the norm. Buffalo take a great deal of killing. I know. I have the experience to prove it. The notion that I use a .22 to shoot buffalo in the balls is not worth the effort I am about to make to dispute it, but here it goes anyway. I do not know where you hunt your buffalo. Where I hunt my buffalo the grass, bush, trees, and every other obstacle God created obscures most parts of a buffalo anyhow. In 20 years I do not recall ever seeing the testicles of a buffalo before he was shot nor have I ever had any inclination to try and shoot them. What is the point? For those who have no penchant for ever doing what I do, I can only imagine their minds race wild with things that don’t matter. If you want a buffalo to charge, put yourself in front of him, let him see you, then walk directly at him. The notion that I would waste my time using a .22 should embarrass those spreading the rumor.

The second question is more of a statement than a question. After a client takes his shot on dangerous game, I determine whether or not a backup shot is necessary or even possible. The last thing I want is for a wounded animal to get away. Contrary to what I have been accused of, I do fire backup shots quickly. More often than not, I have been blamed for firing too quickly, too often. I shoot as a backup for a number of reasons. Clients demand that I do. I determine they need help by observing their skills or lack thereof. If I am filming I believe more gun shots are better than fewer gun shots. I remember purchasing a hunting movie where I waited 45 minutes to hear the first gun shot. That may be the kind of movie you like to watch, but not me.

The second part of this is I “taunt my prey…for the purpose of filming a charge.” While this statement seems logical to the inexperienced, it is precisely for that reason why it is not true. Let me explain. An inexperienced client, or equally inexperienced professional hunter, wrongly believes that in order to get a wounded buffalo to charge, you must first “taunt” him. The very fact that someone says this tells me he has limited dangerous game experience and does not know what he says. His knowledge of wounded buffalo behavior is incomplete or simply nonexistent. Let me set the record straight. There are two kinds of buffalo; those that run and those that charge. Ninety-five percent of all wounded buffalo fall into the first category. Those that run will never charge. They are cowards and no amount of campfire story telling will change that fact. The five percent that charge do not have to be taunted at all. The moment it sees you they charge. The idea that it must be taunted into charging is simply untrue. The mere fact that you have violated their personal space by being there is enough to set them off. What is not known beforehand is which kind of buffalo you are confronting. I have never had a buffalo that first runs away, later turn and charge. In my new book “Fear No Death” I go into great detail about this and much more. Anyone interested in knowing what I know should obtain a copy.

The third item, “my clients must sign a non-disclosure agreement” is a new one. I marvel at the creativity of the Mark Sullivan haters of the world. It reminds me when people say my cajones are the size of grapefruit. While I am sure they are trying to flatter me, I later set the record straight and confessed they are the size of watermelons. Directing a client not to talk about his safari with Mark Sullivan would be like trying to tell your wife she can’t go shopping. My clients are highly educated professional people and would never sign such a document. I could no more tell them what to do than they could tell me.

The fourth question conflicts with question #2. On the one hand I am accused of not “firing backup shots to kill a buffalo” at the first opportunity and now I am accused of firing shots “on top of my clients.” Let me tell you this story. In 1997 I did not have a cameraman. Sensitive to the criticism that I shoot clients game “on their dime” I decided to experiment. I would not help a single client shoot his buffalo, except if one charged, and none did. The next three clients wounded five buffalo and all were lost. Each bull had an outside horn measurement greater than 40 inches with one I was sure would exceed 45 inches. All shots were standing broadside shots under 100 yards. The animals seemingly there for the taking and yet they were lost to die a horrible death in the bush. I ask you, “Is that what you want?” Do you wish me not to shoot so the animal runs off never to be found? I cannot believe any hunter wants that. I certainly do not. I believe we have an obligation to kill the animal as quickly and as humanely as possible.

In my movie Death by the TON, the young man’s statement deserves an explanation. I was perturbed you may say, but not for the reasons you state. This is where the way I hunt differs from how you hunt. The reason why I was disappointed is because the charging hippo was too far away to be shot. He was 21 feet away. In my opinion that is too far for a certain killing shot. My instructions to my client (before we entered the arena) were to wait until the hippo breaks the 10 foot barrier before shooting. He did not do that. I do not believe in shooting early. Twenty one feet is much too far. Why is it too far? It goes to the core of how I hunt dangerous game. I believe 10 feet is the correct distance to begin shooting; not 21 feet. It is all about the hunt, not the kill. At 10 feet it is hunting. At 21 feet it is killing. This is how I hunt. By the way, for those of you who have never stood just ten feet in front of a charging animal, there is not a lot of time to shoot. This is why it appears I am shooting “on top of my client” to the inexperienced. If you disagree that is fine. However, your disagreeing with me does not make you right. Conversely, these are solely my views. They do not make me correct either. I prefer to let my clients determine if my hunting method is right for them.

Tomorrow, Saturday, I leave for Tanzania to begin my 21st season. I will not be present to respond to your comments. If I have insulted any of you, please accept my full and complete apology. My intention is not to irritate. My writing manner is direct much like my manner and method of hunting. This is how I am made. It is what makes me—me. I have no trouble with those who disagree. But until you hunt with me you will never know me. I have more clients this year than I have ever had. I do not hold a gun to their heads to get them to sign up. They come to me willingly and leave as life-long friends. I welcome each and everyone one of you to do the same. Remember, shoot straight and let them come close!

In closing, I wish to personally thank those in support of my SCI situation. I know many of you have written SCI on my behalf. I cannot begin to thank you enough. I am humbled by your generosity. I am honored with your friendship. Recently I renewed my membership for an additional three years. Regardless of their treatment of me, I will continue to support SCI at every opportunity.

Great Hunting and Best Wishes,

Mark Sullivan
Professional Hunter..."

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Actually, a MS forum could be a cure... old

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
There is no cure for Derangement Syndrome...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
I joined AR because of the shared camaraderie that exists between those who have hunted Africa. Intriguing hunt reports, thought provoking equipment discussions, and the often intelligent debate define what Accurate Reloading represents. And in all these years I've rarely been disappointed.

This thread, however, must represent a new and discouraging low for Accurate Reloading. This perverse preoccupation with attacking and slandering a fellow hunter is more befitting founding members of PETA or the Urban Vegan League than it is us. And the lack of ordinary, everyday civility - the kind our parents taught us - is shocking.

More specifically, little men like RIP and Surestrike along with the others who find sport in hurling libelous allegations at someone with whom they simply disagree is not only ungentleman-like but it is cowardly as well. I've always believed that those who protest the loudest are the ones who have the most to hide. Concealed behind their online anonymity, RIP's and Surestrike's bizarre preoccupation with another man's sexuality gives legitimate rise to suspicions that they themselves have some simmering and unresolved sexual issues.

Guys, we should have more class than this. No amount of 'wink wink' and 'we're just kidding' bullshit justifies the kind of sophomoric behavior displayed here. If you have an issue with someone like Sullivan yet lack the intelligence or discipline to discuss him without resorting to defaming or vilifying or just plain disgusting statements, maybe you should just give it a rest and move onto another topic.

This issue has gotten out of hand and we should all be embarrassed.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Pete,

Mark Sullivan brought all this on himself.

His behavior in front of the camera is nothing to be proud of.

Just ask yourself, why have both DSC and SCI banned him?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Mark Sullivan brought this on himself" no it's people that slandered mark that caused that and for some that don't think for themselves they believed the multiple lies that we're told and repeated many times. Those lies tend to stick for those that can't think on there own,look at the people who believe the liberal media...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1 KPete. Best post on this subject...EVER!

Posts: 120 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Pete,

Saeed:

For someone who has spent no small effort in lambasting SCI for various crimes and misdemeanors, I find it amusing that you now find them to be a worthy judge of a hunter's character and professionalism.

Among other things, the fact is that Sullivan: 1) has broken no laws; 2) has a clientele that fully supports him; 3) has probably been more influential in attracting hunters to Africa than any living PH; and, 4) has done nothing to you personally. So as a gentleman, why is it not enough for you to simply take issue with the man in those areas you have disagreement without resorting to ungentleman-like behavior? I just don't get it.

The internet sometimes brings out the worst in people. They say things that they would never repeat in front of those with whom they eagerly disparage online. Here's a thought: Why don't we write about someone in the same fashion that we would talk to them face-to-face? Oh, and with our mother standing beside us? I doubt the conversation would include tasteless remarks about that person's sexual preference.

Our role as hunters is made tough enough by the those who are stridently opposed to hunting and the vicious and unfounded attacks they launch against us everyday. It just doesn't seem very smart for us to do their job for them and attack those among us who have broken no laws - something you have said on several occasions. Civility in debate is a virtue and the members of AR look to you, Saeed, as their example. Absent such example and you end up with embarrassing threads like this one that cast a poor light on AR.

Despite our disagreement here, many thanks for making this site possible. I am remiss for not saying that more often.

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The issue got out of hand by the haters who have no clue on what they are talking about,pure slander it's that simple.

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Kim, tu2

Torbjorn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspect that not one of you guys that post this shit, would walk up to Mark Sullivan and tell him he's gay.

Pretty easy to sit on your FAT FUCKING ASSES casting dumbass remarks, then chuckling together about it.

Pathetic.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Demonical,very true they wouldn't have the balls.Its beyond pathetic.The topic of this thread is childish and pathetic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The topic of this thread is childish and pathetic.

And SEVEN years old give it a friggin BREAK!!!

How many guys who posted on here SEVEN years ago are even still members or in some cases still alive? Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
I had the misfortune to view DEATH BY THE TON.

In the final scene, a young man from North Dakota, on his first safari, upstages MS by stopping a charging hippo at 20 yards. Sullivan proceeded to have a coniption fit over this.

The camera was rolling, looking down Sullivan's barrels as the sorehead solitary hippo bull came on the run right at Sullivan.

Suddenly from Sullivan's right the client fires, using the 450 NE double he borrowed from Sullivan. Brained, the hippo drops.

Sullivan then shoots the motionless, dead hippo in the head.

Great work by the man from North Dakota! Finally someone beat MS at his own game. clap

Of course the film showed MS not stopping a charge, and the worthy client was off screen.

Very rude of MS and his camerman to treat a paying client like that.

Another hunter borrowed MS's 450 NE also (MS usually swaggers about with a .577 double when this happens.). This client flinched on the front trigger trying to pull it a second time to make the left barrel shoot.

Of course MS got a gay chuckle out of this and the screw-up by the client was replayed in slow-mo.

MS also gets very gay with clients after he shoots their animals. Giggly and touchy-feely. He almost always has his sights on the animal and pops one off as soon as the client does, and sometimes he shoots before the client does. No shit.

Loaning your smaller double rifles to clients who are not proficient with them is a good way to get gut shot buffalo and many chances to gayly let the buffalo choose how he wants to die.

While Sullivan is posing before a wounded buffalo, double ready, paying client in the background off camera, awaiting the buffalo's "decision," I wish the buffalo would just decide to drop dead from his wounds, and cheat Sullivan out of another trigger pull. Would MS be so gay about that? Wink

I am not sure he is gay.

But, he sure has a QUEER way of hunting jumping

Well said.

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"A queer way of hunting",something seriously wrong with the brain,and some agreeing with that childish statement,very sad......

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:

Despite our disagreement here, many thanks (to Saeed) for making this site possible.

Kim, your posts are the most decent I have read in a long time; thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
KPete, you are a gentleman.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pete,

In reading Mark' post, I get the distinct impression that he is articulate, thoughtful, very sure do himself. His clients seem to agree.

Compare MS compelling prose to what dribbles off of Saeed's keyboard. No question who I would rather share a campfire with.

Cheers!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KPete, well said. Thank you.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:

This thread, however, must represent a new and discouraging low for Accurate Reloading.

tu2

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
What a stupid post!

+1
thought done In jest, I hope, this reaches a new low.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
As this is one of the recent topics which mentions MS, and has not been moved overnight elsewhere, I will post what I have written in the moved topics, which are now in the "Miscellaneous" part of the "Other Topics" section:

So why did this topic (and other related topics over Mark Sullivan) get moved secretly, during the night, from the "African Big Game Hunting" section, into the "Other Topics: Miscellaneous Topics" section?

I have been quite saddened that these threads had degenerated into what can only be described as internet bullying. I realize that censorship is not ideal, but felt that at times, those in charge were actually fueling the fire.

AR members will wonder where these topics went, if they didn't already have them in their Favourites Folder.
Dear Saeed and Moderators, we would value your input please.

Peter

I believe this type of action is what is leading to the loss of the best contributors on AR, a real shame.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Saeed has replied in the "AR losing the best contributors" thread; thanks Saeed.

One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
I've never been on safari and can't give an opinion on the ethics involved but I do understand salesmanship and promotions.

I suspect Mark Sullivan secretly thanks you for this thread.

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swamp_Fox: I've never been on safari and can't give an opinion on the ethics involved but I do understand salesmanship and promotions. I suspect Mark Sullivan secretly thanks you for this thread.
Indeed...per a recent post, Mark in fact told one of our forum members as much over dinner. I have never seen a Mark Sullivan video, and I’m not likely to ever buy one. I’m not pro nor against, just not all that interested in this particular type of entertainment. So I’m not a customer for his video’s, whereas many others on this forum and elsewhere are and have bought them over the years. For Mark to sell more to these consumers, he needs to come out with new videos (which looks like he has). But the real pot of gold is back-selling all the existing videos to a new audience. To do this, he needs to stay relevant. Too, I suspect Mark would like to be able to attend future SCI shows, and any momentum he can muster in this respect can only help in this cause. If any of these posts greatly offend Mark, he has a user account… Personally, especially in the context of all that is going on around us right now, I don’t take any of this too seriously. I would encourage others not to either.

ExpressYourself and you other guys who are personal friends of Mark…I know he wrote in his single post on AR that he is not technically savvy nor wants to be, but he is commercially savvy…why don’t you get him active in social media and in particular on Twitter? There’s only so much or so many times that you can pump AR for new blood. And as Saeed has pointed out, people on either side of the fence (or on the middle like me) are likely not going to budge. It could be a double-edged sword, but he would probably end up with quite a number of followers, and new customers. Just a thought!

Cheers guys! Smiler

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont think hes gay ,i think hes a tight arse, who gets the clients to pay for the animals so he can have the [free pleasure ]of shooting the shit out of them, then big noting himself what a mighty Nimrod he is ,and how dumb the client is

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tankhunter, I've got to disagree. Although he does get quite dramatic about his views on hunting, and describing situations, he is actually quite self-deprecating / humble, and is quite respectful toward his clients. I just bought his two books, and he very kindly wrote a nice, signed message to me in each.

As for this quite stupid thread, he isn't gay at all, he's happily married and loves his wife and kids dearly, as far as I can tell from the books. And what if he was? Are the AR crew about to start gay-bashing John "Pondoro" Taylor?

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote