New
Find
Notify
Tools

If we want to keep hunting...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have to stop killing animals we don’t eat.

https://www.theglobeandmail.co...eat/article37701186/

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I disagree
Even here in States we kill and don’t eat everything
Perfect world don’t exist

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What we cannot do is give in at all the these anti-hunting zealots. If we give an inch they will take a mile.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What a stupid analogy again!

OK, I am a Muslim, and I speak for our cousins the Jews too.

We do not eat pork, so we should stop raising and killing pigs!

Like many here, I love dogs, so we should stop the Chinese killing and eating dogs.

How about cows?

The Hindus worship cows.

We should all stop breading and killing cows!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68598 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Surely the OP was made in jest.

But I vote with Saeed and Milan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Well, twice as many critters are killed by motor vehicles than hunting. Seems like banning motor vehicles will have the largest impact or a fine for a critter hit. We could have an assigned "trophy fine" for each specie. Pay up! Lives need saved people

Posts: 3508 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
To save the most animals, outlaw the plow. Pointless.

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well said sir!

quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Like many here, I love dogs, so we should stop the Chinese killing and eating dogs.

How about cows?

The Hindus worship cows.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brent ebeling:
Well said sir!

quote:

How about cows?

The Hindus worship cows.

We as hunters need to constantly remind non hunters that they kill animals for their own pleasure every time they eat meat.

Sure, we don't need to kill animals hunting...but you (anti-hunters who eat meat) don't need to kill them to eat them. How are we any morally different?

The last time someone asked me about hunting (after the CNN Trophy doc) she said "How can you get pleasure out of killing animals?"

I said, "I no more get pleasure from their death than a mother gets pleasure from aborting her baby. Both are voluntary acts."

When someone says hunting is disgusting, I point out that there are other activities/actions that many find disgusting, such as abortion or gay sex or even eating meat, but we tolerate them, don't we?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to steal the thread, and maybe I have posted this before, but I hired a guy who I later found out was Jewish. I asked him once, "Hey, why all the animosity between Jews and Muslims? You both view Christ as a prophet, so it would seem you have more in common with Muslims than Christians."

He looked at me and said, "Actually, we believe Christ was only a good carpenter, and that might even be debatable."

That said, Saeed, my sister in law is Muslim and her mother was visiting some years ago. My nephew ordered several pizzas, one of which had ham on it. No one told her nor watched her grab a slice from the ham one, and when she bit into it I thought she was going to barf. I guess I would feel the same way about eating dogs...but not sure I would recognize it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote