Find
Notify
Tools

20 Years on Accurate Reloading
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Twenty years ago today, I registered on AccurateReloading.com and it’s been a life changing experience. After joining the boards, I made my first trip to Africa in 2008 booking with an AR member’s company (Karl Stumpfe) booked again in 2011, 2013, and 2016 with other AR Members’ companies (Martin Pieters, Vic Watson and Ian Blakeway) then a fifth trip in 2019 with a non-member company. I’ve hunted and fished numerous times in New Zealand with AR members and I hope to book even more hunts in Europe, etc., and the first place I’ll look for outfitters is in the offered hunts forum here on AR.

I’ve made some life long friend across the US, Africa and New Zealand from the interactions with people here on AR. I’ve bought and sold guns, accessories and miscellaneous stuff on here and all of it on a handshake and a promise to mail the payment without ever having an issue.

I want to thank our host Saeed, Don, all the moderators and members here on Accurate Reloading for the generosity and fellowship over the last 20 years and I can only hope for another 20+ years of participation and enjoyment on these forums.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fascinating!

And this is how it should be.

I started this forum with brother Don’s help for this very purpose.

That we should all have a place where we can enjoy ourselves without any pressure from advertisers.

Who seem to be getting out of hand nowadays! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are all gluttons for punishment...
Congrats. I will be 19 years this coming Feb.
I went to Africa based on what I learned here and have been back 16 times....

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I'm just a few years behind you....and I cannot thank Saeed enough for providing such a great, calm atmosphere for us to gather and talk hunting. I owe the AR community for the vast majority of my knowledge about African hunting. Here's to 20 more years! beer

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I Second all of that!!

A BIG thank you to Saeed and Don and the Moderators!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lurked many years before registering, but I can affirmatively say that 12 year old me was very grateful for your avatar gif Fjold when I first saw you post!

Posts: 249 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only improvement I can see that is needed is to delete the Political Forum....

Keep this all about hunting....

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started African hunting before I joined AR. My first safari was 2001, followed by 2005, 2007, 2008 & 2010. In 2010, I discovered AR, and have obtained a wealth of information from the forum. It was here on AR that I discovered a new PH that turned out to be the most honest/helpful person in my quest to continue hunting the Dark Continent. His name? Andrew Baldry. Thank you Andrew for the past (5) safaris I’ve enjoyed with you. Looking forward to many more.

And thank you Saeed, and all of the AR members who have shared your knowledge with us, and have also sold me a number of firearms and ammo over the years! As stated above, all transactions have been on the honor system/handshake. It’s been a pleasure to have done business, and learned from a cadre of gentlemen.

Posts: 2624 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
One month till 15 years for Joyce and I, though she didn't register until before the 2012 hunt with Andrew.

We've met quite a few members in person including our host Saeed.

Many thanks to those we have learned from. I have no doubt our successful record of African hunting had much to do with due diligence provided on this website.

Cheers,
J&J

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, we all owe Saeed and Don a huge debt of gratitude for such an amazing website that has brought us all together with like interests and experiences. I joined AR on April 4, 2005, per the recommendation of one of my prior African PH's. I have also made life long friends with many on here, and even life long friendships with some that I have not personally met, but who I count as friends as well. One of the best websites to ever grace the internet. God bless you all.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surefire7:
I started African hunting before I joined AR. My first safari was 2001, followed by 2005, 2007, 2008 & 2010. In 2010, I discovered AR, and have obtained a wealth of information from the forum. It was here on AR that I discovered a new PH that turned out to be the most honest/helpful person in my quest to continue hunting the Dark Continent. His name? Andrew Baldry. Thank you Andrew for the past (5) safaris I’ve enjoyed with you. Looking forward to many more.

And thank you Saeed, and all of the AR members who have shared your knowledge with us, and have also sold me a number of firearms and ammo over the years! As stated above, all transactions have been on the honor system/handshake. It’s been a pleasure to have done business, and learned from a cadre of gentlemen.
Thank you my friend and I am glad to have met and guided you through numerous adventures

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
So very well said, Frank.

My thanks to Saeed and Don and to the members here who have taught me much and guided me to some thrilling experiences I might never have considered.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no idea but its been a long long time. I made a lot of good folks some lifetime friends and was entertained through many an Idaho winter.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
The only improvement I can see that is needed is to delete the Political Forum....

Every house has to have a toilet! rotflmo

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep.... and those that "swirl" around in the toilet may get a little poop on them....

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

Every house has to have a toilet! rotflmo

The problem is sometimes the toilet backs up into the rest of the house stinking the place us. Just sayin' stir

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I joined AR around the same time as Frostbit, in 2008. In fact, Jim helped me plan my first safari to Namibia and even mailed me a CD from his first trip. After reading Dogcats’ tales of Eland hunting in Namibia I became addicted to hunting Blue Eland Bulls. I discovered the PH that I’ve used for my six Namibian safaris here on AR, Jan du Plessis of Sebra Hunting Safaris. Last but not least I’ve enjoyed viewing the Flashdrives that our generous host Saeed has mailed me every year.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have to second everything Fjold said. Can't believe I signed up 17 years ago after I'd only been hunting in Africa only once. This forum has been a great source of information and a great source of friends. Thank you Saeed!

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been a member for 24 years now. I first signed up in 1998 and then there was a server malfunction or some other computer malfunction and now I am listed as joining on 2001. I went on my first safari in 1997 and discovered this site in 1998. I remember the "good ole days" when there we a lot more members and going to the DSC Convention and staying at our "own" hotel with all the attending AR Members. One memorable night at this hotel and I met Jerry Dollar and we were the last two at the bar. Jerry was telling the bartender about fishing and other activities in Costa Rica and I think that the bartender booked a flight the next day to Costa Rica. We also had a dinner one night of the convention. It really was the "good ole days" Sadly, the members have "slid" downhill somewhat. I see now that there are roughly 25% Ar Members signing on and the rest are non members. And I, along with others want to thank Saeed for providing us this site.

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you kindly Saeed and Don. The site has definitely influenced by life in a positive way. It is a treasure trove of knowledge. Many folks I call good friends were met here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my first rifle hunt ever (in any country) in South Africa in February 2012. I was hooked and started reading everything. In June 2012 I found AR and joined. This site claimed an amazing amount of hours of days reading hunt reports and offers, you name it. Amazing site and helpful people all around. Thanks, Saeed and all the generous people contributing Smiler

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Happy anniversary Frank! 20 today !!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe.. Its been 17 yrs for me - time marches on..

Thank you for giving us somewhere to call home Saeed!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I have only been here since 2005 but I agree this is my favorite hunting site. Thank You Saeed.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
It is a tough forum but there is no other like it

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have been on here daily since 04 and have tried to contribute, always feel I receive more than I give. Thanks To all responsible for the site. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It will be 22 years in June for me, but I share Frank's great appreciation for the knowledge and friendships I have formed here. I never would have hunted in Namibia in 2007 without the encouragement and advice I got on AR.
Saeed, Don, y'all have been just great.
And for those attending DSC this weekend, hope you enjoy a wonderful convention.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16631 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been a member for quite a long time. Because of information and advice from folks on this forum I have done the following that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Had a great hunt for water buffalo in Australia even though the guide did his best to starve us.

2. Did 3 brown bear hunts in Alaska and finally connected on a big bruin.

3. Went on a leopard hunt in Namibia that cost me $112.50 Canadian a day over 14 days. We shot two leopards on day #7. Trophy fee was $875 Canadian.

4. Got a beautiful savannah buffalo bull in the Cameroon on an unguided walking safari.

5. Established life long friends and many many memorable hunts in Uruguay including a charging ancient water buffalo bull that came within 5 yards of sending me to the Promised Land.

6. With a chap that I met on AR - got our very own little hunting camp in Namibia.

7. Hunted guinea fowls in South Africa with a well known PH who ripped me off for $100. rotflmo

There is more but you get the picture from here ..

All the best and thank you ..

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also need to thank Frostbit (Jim), for leading me to Andrew (Fairgame) after reading about his first safari here on AR with Andrew on Royal. Jim had one heck of a good experience, took a lot of trophy animals, and shot a Lion basically ‘in camp’! That was it for me, and I signed up for Zambia & Royal.

Andrew and I have spread our wings a bit and after hunting Royal a number of times; he has taken me to Kasonso Busunga, the Kafue Flats, & the Luangwa Valley. This year we are planning on the Bangweulu Swamp and a return to the Luangwa Valley. It just keeps on getting better!

I wish all of you a good year of hunting and success. Happy New Year!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, and congrats on your 20th African Anniversary Frank!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Came here in June 2000 at a time when the forum was a long green colored thread.

Since then, two trips to RSA, and one to Namibia, thanks to inspiration and inputs from the forum.

Also two trips to England to hunt deer with fellow AR members.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also need to thank Frostbit (Jim), for leading me to Andrew (Fairgame) after reading about his first safari here on AR with Andrew on Royal. Jim had one heck of a good experience, took a lot of trophy animals, and shot a Lion basically ‘in camp’! That was it for me, and I signed up for Zambia & Royal.

Andrew and I have spread our wings a bit and after hunting Royal a number of times; he has taken me to Kasonso Busunga, the Kafue Flats, & the Luangwa Valley. This year we are planning on the Bangweulu Swamp and a return to the Luangwa Valley. It just keeps on getting better!

You poor thing!

Just shows your character by calling these two friends! clap

Join the club! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
AR is the best there is. Thank you, Saeed!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I feel like such a noob around here, but I just completed my third African hunt, and I completely blame the addiction on this forum.

Smiler

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

You poor thing!

Just shows your character by calling these two friends! clap

Join the club! rotflmo

You're still bitter because Joyce outshot you eh? dancing

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
I just passed 21 years on Accurate Reloading in December, which is nearly half my life! I have learned a ton and taken part in some lively, interesting, entertaining, and sometimes dumb conversations over the years. Your 458 Win Mag is no better that my 458 Lott, BTW! Big Grin

Thank you for providing a virtual home for this international collection of hunters, adventurers, and liars, Saeed!!

RC
—-Catter

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Almost 18 years since I joined AR. I learnt a lot here. A big thank you to Saeed, Don and all the moderators.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Twenty years ago today, I registered on AccurateReloading.com and it’s been a life changing experience. After joining the boards, I made my first trip to Africa in 2008 booking with an AR member’s company (Karl Stumpfe) booked again in 2011, 2013, and 2016 with other AR Members’ companies (Martin Pieters, Vic Watson and Ian Blakeway) then a fifth trip in 2019 with a non-member company. I’ve hunted and fished numerous times in New Zealand with AR members and I hope to book even more hunts in Europe, etc., and the first place I’ll look for outfitters is in the offered hunts forum here on AR.

I’ve made some life long friend across the US, Africa and New Zealand from the interactions with people here on AR. I’ve bought and sold guns, accessories and miscellaneous stuff on here and all of it on a handshake and a promise to mail the payment without ever having an issue.

I want to thank our host Saeed, Don, all the moderators and members here on Accurate Reloading for the generosity and fellowship over the last 20 years and I can only hope for another 20+ years of participation and enjoyment on these forums.

Yup it don't get any better

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Wow. Just checked my join date.

Over 20 years.

Time flies.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote