Find
Notify
Tools

On New Years Day
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
The wife and I have just returned from my latest project Royal Kafue across the river from the Lunga Luswishi hunting block in Zambia. Royal Kafue is in short a private development of which incomes are extended to the attached Kaindu community and the Royal family here. Hence the name.

One of the activities I am promoting is hunting and I have secured a small quota having now spent nearly two years protecting this pristine environment taking advantage of the population of game stemming from the adjacent Kafue National Park and the adjoining Mushingashi Conservancy, an Arab owned private and unfenced hunting estate.

The game has responded well to our intensive management and on New Years Eve I saw my first Lions. I had seen and heard evidence of but this was to be my first good sighting which is very encouraging and more especially as my first safari is to be for this animal, and Sable of which I photographed another brute in the 45 inch margin.

My purpose for this short trip was to locate a camp sight with a view and the new few months will see me building this for the pending safari season. My wife insisted she had some input into our investment and she chose a classic site that bounders the river and situated on the confluence of a large dambo that enters the expansive floodplains. She insisted that we toast the New Year at the new site and wanted to prove that the setting sun would greatly enhance her choice of camp.

Enclosed are some photos of our New Year in paradise.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Majestic to say the least.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That sable is a dandy! Nice pics, would love to hunt there someday.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your wife has a good eye for a camp spot.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
A proper site, Andrew. I expected no less.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
wonderful

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Teaching the wife how to use a Tanganyika jack.

An exceptional 20 plus inch L. Hartebeest bull. See far left of picture.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks awsome andrew

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

I saw my first Lions. I had seen and heard evidence of but this was to be my first good sighting which is very encouraging and more especially as my first safari is to be for this animal, and Sable of which I photographed another brute in the 45 inch margin.

That first hunter is going to be a lucky bastard. Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of WSR
posted Hide Post
Heck of a new years day. I'm jealous.

Posts: 21 | Location: South Carolina, USA | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
Very nice Andrew. Happy New Year to you and Julie and good luck with the new project.

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

That first hunter is going to be a lucky bastard. Wink

He certainly is, Frostbit. tu2

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew, I'm green with envy.
When will you build the camp and when will you host the first hunters?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
Andrew, I'm green with envy.
When will you build the camp and when will you host the first hunters?

I am preparing the site now and will be putting in the final touches in May ready for Lion/Leopard/Sable hunt in June. I may offer elephant in May if I can identify decent Ivory. We have problems with crop raiders in the outlying community in April/May and some of these Jumbo are coming out of the Park and are heavy in tooth.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
very experienced lodge building
carpenter for hire
will work for food and lodging
tall and skinney
won't eat much

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
carpenter for hire
tall and skinney
won't eat much

What you doing in June apart from dieting?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fairgame:

Andrew, as your wife is not in the picture, is she then the "base" for the "high-lift jack?" Eeker Big Grin
OR is she acting as a wheel mat under that rear right? OMG? Eeker Roll Eyes

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Don't believe ravenr. I've seen him eat. You realize he's serious? He has a terrible case of the Africa bug. He's not afraid of work, a talented carpenter and professional outdoorsman.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fairgame:

Andrew, as your wife is not in the picture, is she then the "base" for the "high-lift jack?" Eeker Big Grin
OR is she acting as a wheel mat under that rear right? OMG? Eeker Roll Eyes

Having has her pasted all over the internet holding a huge pair of tusks she no longer wants the exposure. Which is a pity as she is hot.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
carpenter for hire
tall and skinney
won't eat much

LOL.....I had the same thoughts. I missed a chance for an addition to a house in Namibia......shame too as the original German Colonial millwork was done well and they buggered up the addition something awful.

Nice pics as always......cool stuff. Smiler

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh man I would have smoked that sable Big Grin what a cracker

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
...Which is a pity as she is hot.

Certainly above your pay grade. hilbily

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote