Tools

Leopard mauls tracker in Mozambique
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=645

Leopard Mauls Tracker In Mozambique

(posted August 09, 2013)

A tracker working with Jamie Wilson's Luambeze Safaris was attacked by a leopard in Mozambique. The incident took place on August 2 in the Niassa Reserve's Block R3 while Wilson, the tracker and a hunting client were following up a wounded leopard.

According to Wilson, the leopard launched onto tracker Cassimo Sabite while they were tracking the animal in nine-foot high grass. Wilson managed to shoot the leopard off of him and flew Sabite to a hospital in Pemba immediately. He says Sabite sustained deep cuts to his face and head but is stable and expected to fully recover

Get important news bulletins like this sent directly to your email 24 hours before anyone else sees them, plus unlimited access to our database of hunt reports and past articles, a special expanded electronic version of our newsletter and more! Upgrade your Hunting Report subscription to Email Extra today. Click here for more information.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9374 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I have seen some photos of good follow up shots by Jamie after finishing wounded Lion and Leopard. Often due to clients not getting enough time behind the trigger.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope the tracker recovers fully.

Any one heard about Cliff Walker getting wacked not too long ago in Tz? Pretty sure it was a leopard as well.

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Cliff was mauled by a leopard in TZ about 2 weeks ago, he flew home , got sorted and headed back hunting today!

Mart

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear they are recovering and back to work.

I find it interesting that people blame the client for not spending enough time behind the rifle. I think this is fair in some cases but I think that there are times that a hunter makes a bad shot because of adrenaline, buck fever, or who knows the reason. I have done a lot of shooting with all of my rifles and unfortunately there are still times when I don't make the perfect shot. No excuse, just didn't make the best shot possible.

I will clarify that I have not hunted leopard and this applies to plains game and animals in the states.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=645

Leopard Mauls Tracker In Mozambique

(posted August 09, 2013)

A tracker working with Jamie Wilson's Luambeze Safaris was attacked by a leopard in Mozambique. The incident took place on August 2 in the Niassa Reserve's Block R3 while Wilson, the tracker and a hunting client were following up a wounded leopard.

According to Wilson, the leopard launched onto tracker Cassimo Sabite while they were tracking the animal in nine-foot high grass. Wilson managed to shoot the leopard off of him and flew Sabite to a hospital in Pemba immediately. He says Sabite sustained deep cuts to his face and head but is stable and expected to fully recover

Get important news bulletins like this sent directly to your email 24 hours before anyone else sees them, plus unlimited access to our database of hunt reports and past articles, a special expanded electronic version of our newsletter and more! Upgrade your Hunting Report subscription to Email Extra today. Click here for more information.

9 foot grass!!!! That must have been scary.

Posts: 11987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
Cliff was mauled by a leopard in TZ about 2 weeks ago, he flew home , got sorted and headed back hunting today!

Mart

Adam Clements had some pictures on facebook. It looks like his left hand and thigh got chewed and scratched a bit, but didn't look to bad......as leopard mauling go.....

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote