New
Find
Notify
Tools

temp in africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
somebody please tell me again what the temperature is in the lowveld right now, cause it's 33 below here

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
A nice cool 23C or 74F here in White River next to the SW corner of the KNP. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was 33C. rotflmo

- 33F must look beautiful with all the snow that must come with it but I can't begin to think what it must feel like! Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Google Earth (a free download). Once you have it installed, look on the left top side and see "fly to" and type in where you want to look and hit go (you can put in a physical address, city only or coordinates). The globe will rotate and there you are. Zoom in or out and you will find temperatures.
Try entering your home address and see what the whole world can see about your house. Most places have a street view.
Kinda neat, but scarry too!

Posts: 273 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
-33 isn't too bad if there isn't any wind. If there is, it's REALLY bad. We routinely go fishing when it's -20. The only problem with that is that the holes in the ice freeze over pretty quickly. Drinking beer while fishing at that temp is also somewhat problematic.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Yesterday was 33C. rotflmo

- 33F must look beautiful with all the snow that must come with it Eeker

Doesn't usually snow much at those temps. Too cold for moisture in the air. When it gets near 10-20 above is when we get most of our snow.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
It's pretty, but it is time for a winter break!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Looks great from this distance but I hate the reality of cold weather! Eeker

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Butch, I think it's you. Snow even followed you to Dallas! Big Grin

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A nice cool 23C or 74F here in White River next to the SW corner of the KNP. Wink

I'm over being envious. I really hate you at the moment Smiler.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Hotter today. It went up to 33C...... praise the Lord for air conditioning and pass the cold beer! beer rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just set the beer outside for abit--it will get cold

rotflmo

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Today on the coast, it has been a cool 23 degs C and the forcast is for 26 degs C tomorrow. We had a good 34 mm of rain in a thunderstorm last night and it has rained most of today. The last few days have seen the mercury up to 38 degs C with a high humidity factor. As for that cold, not for me, I get the sh#ts if I have wear long pants. Cool
Steve, you are lucky that ESKOM hasn't bombed your power and you still have air-con. Big Grin

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Steve, you are lucky that ESKOM hasn't bombed your power and you still have air-con. Big Grin

Mate, we've been dead lucky up here........ haven't had a power cut since before the world cup. tu2

We have however had a bloody large overdose of rain!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mate, we've been dead lucky up here........ haven't had a power cut since before the world cup. tu2

We have however had a bloody large overdose of rain!

Maybe the switching gear has rusted open. dancing Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can remember shooting Benchrest at -25 below zero in the early 1990's .

The first year only 1/2 of the benches were enclosed.
We had all the shooting benches covered by the second year.

There were two heaters and you had a one foot square port to shoot out.

Shooters Choice will freeze at those temperatures.

You can have a lot of fun and shoot some very good groups.

It is a lot easier to do when it's some what warmer.

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote