THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurances or Global Rescue?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ripcord Rescue Travel Insurances or Global Rescue?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I believe it's wise to take out a travel protection which covers one in connection with trip cancellation, rescue services, medical bills, baggage loss etc.

What's your experience with companies like Ripcord and Global Rescue? Which of the two do you recommend more?

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Global Rescue gets my vote. I've had clients use their service twice - medical consult only. They are affiliated with John Hopkins and the folks answering emergency phone calls are experienced paramedics and not an customer service type.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have hired both and employeed neither’s services.

That said...I was impressed by Global’s client interaction in pre-trip communications. Thus, I am going back to Global for next trip.

Global Rescue is also and AR member. They give good advice on here from time to time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37728 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started with Global Rescue and then switched to Ripcord....Luckily, I haven't had to use either.

You never really know until you need it and then it's already too late...I've heard good stories with both. The problem is separating the truth from a sales pitch.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
If Global Rescue is an AR member then keep it in the family. Besides all I have heard about them is good.

Note it is a good idea to forward all these details and other family contact numbers etc to the Operator/PH in advance. I had a nightmare once trying to extract a client because of lack of information.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have been members of Global Rescue for years, but luckily we have never had to call on their services.

Everything I heard about them was positive.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Gracy Travel sells Travel Guard, Global Rescue and Ripcord. When I inquired as to which was better I was told they felt Ripcord provided the best coverage for the dollar.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

Gracy Travel sells Travel Guard, Global Rescue and Ripcord. When I inquired as to which was better I was told they felt Ripcord provided the best coverage for the dollar.

Mark

Or may becRipcord pays more commission?? sofa

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68609 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
We have always used Global Rescue. Luckily, we've never needed any help.

But we thought about it really hard once, when my wife's horse fell, threw her on a steep mountainside, and stepped on her leg at 14,000 feet in Kyrgyzstan.

Good thing she is way tougher and more agile than I am, or we would have found out how high a helicopter can land, and how good Global Rescue really is.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:

But we thought about it really hard once, when my wife's horse fell, threw her on a steep mountainside, and stepped on her leg at 14,000 feet in Kyrgyzsta

Good thing she is way tougher and more agile than I am, or we would have found out how high a helicopter can land, and how good Global Rescue really is.

Your wife is my new heroine!!!
I try to be tough, but that's tough!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:

But we thought about it really hard once, when my wife's horse fell, threw her on a steep mountainside, and stepped on her leg at 14,000 feet in Kyrgyzsta

Best regards, D. Nelson

Says Miss Broken ankle Leopard killer. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7622 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by D. Nelson:
quote:

Best regards, D. Nelson

Says Miss Broken ankle Leopard killer. Big Grin

Hahaha!!! You know a clumsy huntress!!!

Your wife ranks up there at the top!!!

Hugs, Darin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
High praise, Darin. My wife is smiling now, but wasn’t then!

Big ugly bruises, where her head hit a rock, and where her horse stepped on her, but thank God no broken bones (or broken marriage)! Frowner

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
High praise, Darin! My wife is smiling now, but wasn’t then!

Big ugly bruises, where her head hit a rock, and where her horse stepped on her, but thank God no broken bones (or broken marriage)! Frowner

That's the partner you want!!!

She's a keeper!! You are bound to have some fantastic adventures together!
Except you already have!!!!

Well done!!!

Hugs to you both!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about Ripcord, but Global does provide an outstanding service.

One of their strengths is the local partners/affiliates they choose. Here in Zimbabwe they are working with a local service provider ACE Ambulance. ACE is the only paramedic/CASEVAC company that has their own critical care air ambulance available 24/7, and their EMS service is totally First World.

I wrote an article some years back on the topic for African Hunter magazine, and the two I focused on were Global and SOS, but Global came out in the lead.

Posts: 408 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought both but only had to use Ripcord. Not for medical, just for trip interruption reimbursement. They told me what they needed. I sent it to them and they sent me a check. That's about all I can say.
kh

Posts: 247 | Location: Round Rock, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've had Global Rescue for years-never had to use it-but I've known hunters who have had to use it and Global took care of them. Thanks Ira, for your comments on Global's connections in Zimbabwe. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

Mark

Or may becRipcord pays more commission?? sofa

No idea on commissions, but I can tell you Ripcord had a guy full time in Tanzania for several years building connections in the region and putting an operational structure in place to assist clients when necessary.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I have used Ripcord my last couple of Trips. Last trip I had a service interruption. I missed my flight to Istanbul and spent the night in New York. Ripcord paid 100 percent of my Claim.

Posts: 2674 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Have bought policies for both, and unless things have changed Ripcord offered all types of coverage, whereas when I used Global rescue I ended up having to go to a different company for trip interruption/cancelation insurance, and a third company for gun insurance.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
But we thought about it really hard once, when my wife's horse fell, threw her on a steep mountainside, and stepped on her leg at 14,000 feet in Kyrgyzstan.

She's probably tougher than me too. I don't ever want to make her mad at me. She's sweet as can be, but I don't want to see the other side of her.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just took out a policy with Ripcord. I have used Global in the past but I like the options and pricing packages offered by Ripcord

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have bought policies for both, and unless things have changed Ripcord offered all types of coverage, whereas when I used Global rescue I ended up having to go to a different company for trip interruption/cancelation insurance, and a third company for gun insurance.

I use Global Rescue for the medical emergency assistance. I have almost always never had travel insurance as , unlike USA insurers catering for sportsmen, nothing is really offered in New Zealand. In fact most travel insurers here explicitly reject any hunting / firearm related business. I have also made enquiries to USA insurers who, until recently, would insure only USA citizens. However I am sure I received recently communication from Global Rescue saying they now also offer Travel Insurance and it's good for both USA and hunters of other nationalities. Seems a very good move to me.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2080 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good thread to see what others have been using.

Like above, it always seemed a US thing for hunting insurance when it came to cancellations. I had never heard of it up here. But I’m sure there must be a US insurer that provides it.

Before this I was going to use Global rescue and most likely still will. But I’ll definitely give both a look now.

Posts: 135 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used Rip Cord on a trip to NW Namibia in 2016.
Our van was broken into (smash and grab)and my wife's backpack taken. Camera,headphones,IPod,and $1300 cash. Local police were unhelpful and maybe involved.
We received NO help or compensation from Rip Cord.

Posts: 155 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
But coffee we thought about it really hard once, when my wife's horse fell, threw her on a steep mountainside, and stepped on her leg at 14,000 feet in Kyrgyzstan.

She's probably tougher than me too. I don't ever want to make her mad at me. She's sweet as can be, but I don't want to see the other side of her.

Not gonna happen, Wendell. Not no way and not nohow.

There is something that just flat out insures that.

Something involving a custom built, suppressor equipped, light weight bolt rifle chambered in .300 Blackout.

And subsonic ammo firing a 240 grain bullet at a big hog from 110 yards away.

And a one shot kill, stone dead hog under such circumstances.

All of which pretty much makes any mad other side on Lindy’s part directed at you entirely and forever impossible. Big Grin

That’s an insurance policy, my friend, and the premium is paid in full. Cool Big Grin

Unlike Global Rescue, which requires payment every time in advance. coffee

Mike