Find
Notify
Tools

Chewore South: Who has it for 2014?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
I understand that Chifuti has passed on the lease due to a 30% (?) increase in price by the govt. So who has it now, if anyone knows?

Beau and I were planning a stay in Mana Angwa Camp for next year, if Beau decides to go for his Lion. Looks like it will be Chewore North, which Chifuti still owns.

I hunted Ele in Chewore South in both 2011 and 2012 successfully and Carl took both Ele and Lion during our 2011 hunt there. Beau shot his first head of DG there in 2012 on his first safari and got bit by the "bug" big time. I thought it to be a very good area for DG.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard the name but it escapes me at the moment. I hear what he plans to charge, or at least thinks he is, is ASTRONOMICAL.

Posts: 11996 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Adrian Reed I believe!

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Martin. Do you know under what name he will be doing business? Website?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is his email address. adrianread@yoafrica.com.
Hope it helps.
Cheers

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark -

Thanks.

Hunting Lion with you in CN is one of the two options under consideration by Beau for his cat(s). Will you be attending DSC and/or SCI this year? Would like to sit and talk with you about this safari, which might include tuskless and hippo for Lion bait and some PG for Leopard. I will be along but probably just shooting bait as I've taken about everything available in the area.

Also, is the email in your profile still good?

Keep well,

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike

I will be at both the shows so will see you there. Hippo and tuskless should be no problem. Leopard would be good as well. Had quite a few on lion baits last year so should be good as well.

My email is still the same.

Cheers
Mark

posted Hide Post
Hi Mark, thanks for passing on my e mail address to Mike.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hello Adrian,

Welcome to AR and thanks for the reply. Do you have a website up as yet? You have a PM inbound from me.

I wish you the best of luck with Chewore South, as I consider it a great DG area.

Regards,

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

posted Hide Post
Hi Mike

I confirm I will be operating Chewore South as of 2014 under the company Hunters Africa. Am pleased you`ve had good hunting and fond memories here in the past with Chifuti Safaris,

To be upfront,I have no intention of trying to sell you a hunt behind anyone`s back. However should they be unable to accommodate you for any reason, you`re welcome to contact me on adrianread@yoafrica.com

Regards Adrian

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Adrian Read is a good bugger and fine hunter. I did some hunts for him in Lower Zambezi.

Andrew Baldry

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adrian is a good guy and I am sure that he will maintain the Chewore Souths good reputation. We look forward to having him next door!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hey Andrew and Buzz
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. Andrew hope all well, time to catch up again. Buzz I look forward to working with you and CM Safaris in the Zambezi valley.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
This is the first I have heard of Adrian Read.
Do you have a website?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
This is the first I have heard of Adrian Read.
Do you have a website?

Probably not but his reputation in Zim precedes him. He has put down more elephant than anyone I know. His choice of weapon was a bolt action .458WM I believe?

Send him a PM. Like I said he is a good bugger but not much of a showman.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of meeting Adrian when I was in Vic Falls in 91'...very well liked and respected.

Posts: 1867 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote