THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Best Country and Outfitter for Trophy Buffalo Hunt
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Country and Outfitter for Trophy Buffalo Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Sod it. I would have recommended Zambia till I saw those photos.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Hard to find a place anywhere else in Africa that would beat or equal these 3 areas (July/Aug and Nov/Dec)for consistency - Imagine the closed period between Jan/July.

You mean April to June Wink

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You mean April to June

January-March is not confirmed yet. Lets hope...

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
Hard to find a place anywhere else in Africa that would beat or equal these 3 areas (July/Aug and Nov/Dec)for consistency - Imagine the closed period between Jan/July.

You mean April to June Wink

"Squelchy period" - dunno how the game doesn't get bogged down.
Been there between Jan/Mar - "a zoo" in the quagmire! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
Botswana - has some great buffalo hunting - each year we take a lot in the high 40 inch range .
Outfitters offering great buffalo hunts include :
Jeff Rann safaris
Johan Calitz Safaris
Bottle Pan Safaris ( Mike Murray )
Kgori Safaris ( Jim Van Rensburg )
Greg Butler and Peter Hollbrow Safaris
Bird Safaris ( Mark Kiriakou)
and of course ourselfes Safaris Botswana Bound ( Graeme Pollock Safaris ) to name some of the outfitters.

Our hunts run at $19 900-00 for an all in 1 x 1 for 7 days.
We have been 100% for a long time now.
Mostly Botswana buffalo hunts sell out at least 12-24 months in advance - we are fully booked for 2011 and have just 2 tags for 2012. expect to shoot a good buffalo in 2 days on average and see hundreds each and every day . Most areas the buffalo are relaxed so you can view them from the hunting vehicles ( ensure there are good buuls ) at most an hour and half walk after a track.
Kind regards
Graeme

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Bernie Madoff out and about.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is with out a doubt a great area for big buff. The December hunt with the right rain can be fantastic. I have hunted that area as well as Lobo many times with Gerard Miller and killed some big bulls. I would advise you to check the number of hunters in Lukes camp when you schedule your hunt. A full camp makes it tough. Most of the heards, along with mature bulls, moving into Lukes area are coming from tarangire and any more than two hunters, hunting buffalo at the same time, can really become congested in my opinion.

Posts: 1819 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is with out a doubt a great area for big buff. The December hunt with the right rain can be fantastic. I have hunted that area as well as Lobo many times with Gerard Miller and killed some big bulls. I would advise you to check the number of hunters in Lukes camp when you schedule your hunt. A full camp makes it tough. Most of the heards, along with mature bulls, moving into Lukes area are coming from tarangire and any more than two hunters, hunting buffalo at the same time, can really become congested in my opinion.

Camp exclusivity avoids any conflict.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:
You mean April to June

It is

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3035 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanamich:
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:
You mean April to June

It is

Like the Ndolanga days?
Kickoff 2011?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
As far as I am concerned , any Buff taken in thick cover from under 50 yds that has good bosses and is not a herd bull, is a "trophy" buff....and I don't have pinus envy as I have one over 40".

Tom,

A trophy is certainly in the eye of the beholder; I have shoulder mounts of various topi, hartebeeste, etc. that don't elicit "oohs" from visitors, but like all my trophies (and my penis), I don't care what anyone thinks. I mounted those common animals because you see a lot of them, and they remind me of Africa.

On the other hand, I have various buffalo skulls in my TR that I don't really consider to be trophies. I have said many times, a buffalo is just not that hard to get. How many who go are unsuccessful? Book in a good area, and I doubt you will find many. A 6 pt bull elk or a 60 inch moose is a far more difficult and impressive trophy than a run of the mill buffalo.

That is why I am booked with Samaras in 2011 - I want a crack at at a mid 40 buff. Why continue to shoot so-so buff?

But at the end of the day, to each his own. That is what makes life interesting.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We didn't see anything like the buffalo pictured in Luke's camp in July/August in 2009, but take into consideration we were hunting the worst drought in 35 years and the buff were in the park. We did alright,but nothing like what is pictured. Nobody came away disappointed...Really.

Should have gone in December, but who knew about the drought?

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

Nigel Theisen and I took this pic on the outskirts of Kidepo Valley National Park. We thought this buff (center) was mid 40's. We saw several bigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote