Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Reno
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted
I know this is way ahead of time, but I just saw something about the convention in Reno and it made me wonder if AR members have a function during the convention? My wife and I are going to talk to some folks and more then likely book a hunt, so if there was a function I did not want to miss it. Like I said everyone is probably in the DSC mood, but I'm already going to Dallas for the Thanksgiving Cowboys game this year and don't think I will manage to find the time to slip back to the metroplex for convention. Reno on the other hand is just a few hours away, so I guess I will have to wait a few extra weeks to convince my wife that places like Alberta and Namibia are much more fun then Cancun and Italy.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
There usually is a gathering in late afternoon during the week at one of bars on the convention floor. Details are posted closer to the show. I missed the get-together last year, but will try to get there in January.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. BTW, are you the moderator for the first time in africa lecture?

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevenxbjt:
Thanks for the info. BTW, are you the moderator for the first time in africa lecture?

Yes. The seminar is scheduled for Thursday morning from 10 to noon this year. The site will be posted in SCI's convention material.

The panelists again will be:

-- Craig Boddington (arms and ammo for Africa),

-- Johan Calitz (what your PH and outfitter will expect from you),

-- Ludo Wurfbain (books to read before, during and after your hunt),

-- Beverly Wunderlich (what to take, and why you want a booking agent), and

-- Jack Atcheson (what to do in Africa to assure the best mounts of your trophies).

Hope to see you there.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote