Find
Notify
Tools

Video from Kambako Safaris in Moz
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
Below is a link to a video we produced for Kambako after my hunt last year in Niassa, Moz. If you have ever considered hunting at Jumbo's camp, check it out. There is hunt footage (leopard, 14' croc, buff, etc.) lots of shots of camp, the beach house on the Indian Ocean, etc. I don't mean this to be an advertisement, I think anyone who enjoys Africa will like it.

Kambako Video

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic vid, Tim.. Makes me want to pack my bags and get on a plane!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done, enjoyable and informative. Nice shooting by the way, are you able to import the leopard into the US?

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
yes - Terry we can import leopards. They fixed their CITES tags. Mine will hopefully be home in a couple months.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Nicely done Tim.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice video,Tim.The only thing that concerns me is that while I was on my last hunt a fine gentleman and PH told me he once did a hunt for Jumbo Moore and was not paid.I asked him why and he said that he didn`t have a clue.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Shootaway...I don't know about that, but all 5 PH's in our camp including full time on staff and freelance guys, seemed to all have a great relationship with Jumbo and couldn't say anything but positive things about working with him. In my dealing with him, he was 100% spot on and truthful, and everything went down exactly as advertised. Actually some costs were less once we got there. It was as well a run camp as I have been in. We liked it so much we are going back this year and in 2013.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
to to clear the air on that a bit. there was this PH that through his negligence burnt down the whole camp for jumbo. needless to say he was fired.

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don`t know the story or if we are talking about the same individual.All I know on the matter is what I posted.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great short film there Tim.
It got me thinking of a fantastic theme for MHClub next year. You take an enthusiastic Canadian hunter(me) who is struggling to fund an African safari on an all expense paid trip to Kambako. Of coarse his wife (my wife)is also invited. As a Canadian I believe that elephant can be exported so obviously that would be the target animal. Lion, leopard, croc, hippo etc would be animals of opportunity, throw-ins so to speak.
This could be a great opportunity for you Tim. It will make you famous! Shockey will have nothing on you, he wouldn't be worthy of cleaning your boots. Just think about it and let me know when to book my vacation!
Bill

Posts: 94 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 23 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. I wish we (USA) could have a go at those eles. Maybe someday.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim, Does TC make calibers big enough for Cape Buff?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of leopards valley safaris
posted Hide Post
Thats a great Promo. well done

Dave Davenport
Outfitters license HC22/2012EC
Pro Hunters license PH74/2012EC
www.leopardsvalley.co.za
dave@leopardsvalley.co.za
+27 42 24 61388
HUNT AFRICA WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Follow us on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/#!/leopardsvalley.safaris

Posts: 980 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 06 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

They have a custom shop and made me a .458 Win. It shoots 1/2" at 100 yards. They make the single shot Encore in .375 and .416 Rigby. I have killed 2 Cape and one Asian buff with the Encore, but I sure like using a bolt gun. I really like my .458. I have killed 3 Cape buff and a tuskless with it. Hope to make that a big tusker in Feb.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superb Promo. Well done.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Nice video. However I think possible clients would like it if you would post prices of your hunts on the website

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of andy_7x64
posted Hide Post
well done tim.
brings back great memories.
thanks for sharing.
andy

Posts: 119 | Location: Germany, South | Registered: 05 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dmitriy
posted Hide Post
Nice to see once again Jumbo and other guys from Kambako team in this excellent video. Hunting in Niassa became one of my best memories ever. Thanks for sharing Tim!

Posts: 43 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Very nice Promo video Tim
My list of places to go gets longer every day Cool

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote