New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to Tanz in an hour
 Login/Join

Picture of Canuck
posted
Just sitting inside security at the airport waiting for the first flight (cranbrook to calgary) on my way to Arusha. I am just "observing" this time, for a friend's (who occasionally posts here as Iceman) hunt with Rainer Josch on Mt Loosimingor. I am every bit as excited as on trips where I am hunting!! We will be doing 7 days on the mountain, and 5 days of photosafari.
Cheers,
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
tu2

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
with Rainer Josch on Mt Loosimingor

Man, you are one lucky dog. I'm green with envy!

Have a great trip and be sure to post a report.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I'm excited for you. While I have never heard of the area you are headed, there is no place like Tanzania. I'll be anxious to hear your report.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Travel safe.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Have fun!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
There are just about ZERO places on the planet for a man to shoot a finer cape buff than where you are headed.

I'm green.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Good luck Chris.

Have a great time.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68680 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I'm excited for you. While I have never heard of the area you are headed, there is no place like Tanzania. I'll be anxious to hear your report.

You must get the Mountain Buffalo videos. Amazing!! Unlike any other hunt videos.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Canuck,

One of my clients went on that Loosimingor hunt last year and was on the video. To paraphrase "It was a tough tough hunt but so so rewarding".

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great safari. Shoot a big bull!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Wow, that experience is on my bucket list... best of luck!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the well-wishes folks. Iceman and I are just having a Starbucks coffee at Schiphol airport waiting for the next flight to Calgary.

The hunt was fantastic. It far exceeded all expectations! It was all the challenge we hoped for, especially with the rains, and was even more rewarding as a result. A report and photos will follow, in the Hunt Report forum, when we get back and caught up a little!

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
A report and photos will follow, in the Hunt Report forum

Cheers
Chris

tu2

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Chris.

Glad you two had a great time, that is always good to hear.

Have a safe trip home.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68680 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great to hear!
Looking forward to the reportSmiler

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a great experience, can't wait to hear the rest!

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote