THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Interest from Barnes Bullets R&D

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Interest from Barnes Bullets R&D
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
They seem to work quite well in the .30 caliber and particularly with a little Ms.Molly applied.

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the demise of Bridger Bullets a few days ago, I thought I would ask Barnes if they had considered anything like the Bridger flat nose solids or the GS Custom Bullets solids and/or pointed 300 grainers in .375 with raised driving bands and possibly a coating. Specifically, I asked about a 300 grain .375 bullet similar to Saeed's Walterhog bullet as well as a flat nose 300 grain solid with raised driving bands similar to the Bridger. For those who may be interested, the reply from Barnes R&D is pasted below.

Hi Jay
Thanks for the request. With no promises made, we are looking at a
bullets similar to your suggestion. Try back in a few months. We take
your requests very serious. Thanks for your support. Tell the guys at
the Accurate Reloading Forum that we appreciate their patronage.

We Aim to please. Reloading is a great hobby, enjoy it!

Ty Herring
Customer Service
TyH@barnesbullets.com
Barnes Bullets Inc.
P.O.Box 215
American Fork, Ut 84003

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am glad Barnes has an inteerest. But they need to do a better job of understanding the physics of driving bands. THey just did not get it with the triple shock bullets.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 grains, how is that?

Chuck

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Barnes take all comments very seriously.

That TSX has sure been a gem for me so far.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just started using the XTS in my 338 thanks to Terry and when I use up my supply of .308 180gr X I'll be using the XTS in my 30-06. Now if they'd just make a 150gr XTS for my wifes 270

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seemed to work fine for me - what is your specific complaint with the bullets? KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing I did notice with the Barnes company was that when I emailed them with a question (max bullet speeds for .458 300-350gn bullets) they answered quickly and not just some generic answer that "ACME bullets will do everything" sort of reply. So I bought some boxes.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'd surely like to see Barnes produce a flat meplat, driving bands-type, .458 solid in 450 to 500 grains, with proportional bullets in .416 and .375! I know GS and others make such a bullet, but Midway, Grafs, etc., are mighty easy to call on the phone. I wonder if it takes much more than programing a computer to "cut" them?

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you turn the BX FB around and load it backwards do you not have your solid with flat nose just like you were after? I never did it but I can't think of any reason that it shouldn't work just fine. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also how about a triple shok in 375? "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Beautiful bullet performance!

AD

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'd surely like to see Barnes produce... [TSX] bullets in .416 and .375! I know GS and others make such a bullet, but Midway, Grafs, etc., are mighty easy to call on the phone. I wonder if it takes much more than programing a computer to "cut" them?

I'm pretty well stocked by my purchases from GS and NF, but... if Barnes "listened" and made decent weights in .416 and .375 (and .338 for that matter, since I have a .338 RUM) in their TSX line, I'd sure give them some of my money.

Hope all is well with you, Judge.

Take care.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Russell, my Major:

I'm fine, but more importantly, you are. When is your Africa trip. I want to buy you a warthog... one that looks somewhere in between Walter and Ray.

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take him up on that, it'll be the best damn warthog you will ever shoot, plumb pretty!!

Posts: 41834 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote