Find
Notify
Tools

Emails & Messages
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted
After a year of not being able to access my hotmail email account,I have finally been able to get in and see that there are numerous messages from people from AR and visitors from my Website. I have now deleted this account and my new contact address is gabriwen7@gmail.com To those of you wondering why I never update my website, it is because we have had terrible internet connection trouble and for months had no internet connection at all.

At last, I am finally sorted out with a reliable connection and hope to be a regular around here for a long time now Smiler And once I have the software on my new computer, I will update my website!

To those of you who emailed me and had no reply - my humblest apologies - but I never got the messages until today killpc

Many thanks and have a great weekend around the fire everyone!

Cheers
Gail

"Tackle all stressful situations like a dog –if you can’t eat it or roll in it then piss on it and walk away."

Posts: 38 | Location: Maun, Botswana | Registered: 16 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gail. It is very kind of you to join us here on a permanent basis.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing more of you here on AR and your updated Web Site.

Thinking there are times with the web drives us all up a tree Big Grin

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
What is the website?

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Welcome Gail

I dont know what year you personally moved to Maun but you were proberbly there in the early sixties !!

At that time I lived in Rhodesia, my late father Denis Bird worked for Shell Oil Company/Rhodesia as a pump mechanic, he often travelled from Bulawayo to Maun to install and service the Petrol Pumps, and told me what a hell of a road trip it was in those days

Anyhow all the best and your website is very informative, the guests no doubt will love the history and pictures

Gails Website

Take care, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balla Balla:
Welcome Gail

I dont know what year you personally moved to Maun but you were proberbly there in the early sixties !!

At that time I lived in Rhodesia, my late father Denis Bird worked for Shell Oil Company/Rhodesia as a pump mechanic, he often travelled from Bulawayo to Maun to install and service the Petrol Pumps, and told me what a hell of a road trip it was in those days

Anyhow all the best and your website is very informative, the guests no doubt will love the history and pictures

Gails Website

Take care, Peter

Hi Peter

Small world hey! Yes, we moved here in 1962 and the roads between here and Bulawayo were horrendous!!! It used to take 2 days just to get from here to Francistown. I went to boarding school in Bulawayo - it used to be such a lovely town. Your father probably used to come to service the pumps at Rileys Garage, if I remember correctly, it was the only garage in town in those days!!!

Many thanks for putting the URL for my website - hopefully I'll manage to keep it upated more often now :-)

Cheers and all the best,
Gail

"Tackle all stressful situations like a dog –if you can’t eat it or roll in it then piss on it and walk away."

One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SilentT:
What is the website?

http://gabrimaun.tripod.com

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates. Great website you have there.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hi Gail,

Thank for the responce. Interesting that you went to boarding schoolin Bulawayo. I was at Gifford Tech myself as a day scholar from 56-60.

My father Denis used to hunt locally in Rhodesia at Nuanetsi Ranch with his trusted .404 / I understand that at the time Nuanetsi was well over a million acres, proberbly one of the the largest ranches in the world at the time !

You are living in a town with some wonderful history.

The AR guests can get a wonderful overview of Maun from the website link below

History of Maun

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Jambo and welcome to AR.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Jambo and welcome to AR.

Thanks a lot an nice to be here Smiler
Kwaheri
Gail

One of Us
Picture of Gail Selby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balla Balla:
Hi Gail,

Thank for the responce. Interesting that you went to boarding schoolin Bulawayo. I was at Gifford Tech myself as a day scholar from 56-60.

My father Denis used to hunt locally in Rhodesia at Nuanetsi Ranch with his trusted .404 / I understand that at the time Nuanetsi was well over a million acres, proberbly one of the the largest ranches in the world at the time !

You are living in a town with some wonderful history.

The AR guests can get a wonderful overview of Maun from the website link below

History of Maun

Cheers, Peter

Peter,

Thanks for posting that link - that is a great site with tons of wonderful stuff about Maun and Botswana - the best and most informative on the web Smiler

Cheers
Gail