THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    100 days until I take off for the dark continent First trip Namibia
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

100 days until I take off for the dark continent First trip Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got the rifle
Got the camera
Air travel booked
Got the overnights in Joburg booked
Going to get some shots next week

Now all I have to do is wait..................

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
496 for me.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
496 holy cow that was me last year after the Houston SCI show, seems like forever.

Posts: 279 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 20 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What seems like forever is when you don't have the next one booked yet!

Leawood, KS...I was just in Wichita last weekend.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
71 days for me!! Off to Namibia.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
110 days for me ..... I, too, am excited already.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
It is 82 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes and 29 seconds

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
78 Days for me.....Namibia

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to some very good luck, it's 127 days for me, also in Namibia. This will be my second hunt with Dirk Rohrmann and I’m looking for my first DG trophy, a Leopard.

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 251 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
20 days for me! dancing

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
515 until my buff/ele in the Zambezi Valley!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
835 days to Namibia for me. This waiting is killing me.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
You should all be shooting every weekend. At least 20 with the small rifle and 5 or 10 with the big one. Make sure your not buying animals for the jackals and vultures to eat.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only 158 days for me and then Namibia with Mike Kibble again! dancing

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenixdawg:
Got the rifle
Got the camera
Air travel booked
Got the overnights in Joburg booked
Going to get some shots next week

Now all I have to do is wait..................

I envy you, your first trip! Have a great time mate. beer

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
136......and counting.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Lets see I'm in Africa already but in a couple of hours time I will be leaving for freezing Sweden even though CChunter says the weather is very mild anything below 15 degrees celcius is cold for me.

And 18 days later I set foot in Africa again clap

I suppose this doesnt count just want to make you guys jealous since I live here permanently. dancing

And BTW I'm prepared to share my Africa with you just come and join us on a hunt.

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2549 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whish you a great safari PD thumb
I´m down to 86 days today for my second trip to RSA, with Clive Perkins , by the Limpopo River dancing

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1880 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
1/2 the fun is always the wait and getting there. Why don't you download a COUNTDOWN CLOCK and put it on your desktop and watch the time fly by. Or you can know that its only 8,640,000 seconds till lift-off.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phoenixdawg -

Have a great trip & enjoy to the max. I am following you about two months later so take lots of great pictures and do the AR report for us when you return.

Posts: 71 | Location: St. Michaels, Maryland | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
210 for me........to Namibia for the first time, and 573 until a am again following Nzhou through the jess in Zimbabwe....I hope, hold on Zim Roll Eyes. I just ordered a new Ruger Magnum rifle in 375 should have it on wed. I have a 375 ackley I had made years back that has made 3 trips to zim but it is a synthetic stocked precision rifle. Call me rediculous but it just dosent look right in African pictures. I guess I am a bit of a romantic but I love you guys pictures with a traditionally styled wood stocked rifle.
A new rifle should help pass the time while I accurize, tweak and find a good handload for it, and get it all ready for its Namibian plainsgame photos.... Big Grin
Dont know what I am going to do until the Elephant and buffalo hunt in two years..... Confused

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
193 for me.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's too far away to start the countdown. (132 days if I were counting!)

I'm very jealous of you, namibiahunter - 20 days. And Frederik, I suppose this doesnt count just want to make you guys jealous since I live here permanently. , you're just plain cruel. I think we'll be driving by your neck of the woods when we go (my two daughters, a girlfriend from California and me.) We're renting a car and driving from Johannesburg to Mashatu and then to MalaMala and then back to Joburg.

Cindy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
23 days-zim, with Gordon Duncan, until 8april

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
199 days-RSA, with Hannes Swanepoel.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
107 days to RSA with JJHack.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One day to go-C.A.R.In fact busy packing right now took a break to check my mails.

Posts: 203 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Msichana
posted Hide Post
Congrats PhoenixDawg!

It may be your first, but it won't be your last... that's pretty much a guarantee!

I've got 165 more days until I'm in RSA and then maybe Namibia!

Posts: 122 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 20 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
172 for me, doesn't seem possible but I can't wait ti get back to Namibia,,,drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
146 till i am once again with my friends in nirvana. Northern Namibia for six weeks this year.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
153 Days until departure for northern Namibia (with Jan Mariesje of Sebra) with my teenage son. It's already been a too-long-wait.

Posts: 29 | Location: Utah | Registered: 22 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Every one of you guys make me sick!! moon I don't have one scheduled yet, but I'm making plans!! banana

Good luck on your upcoming hunts!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
560 until my return....damn that's a long time. At least it's booked!

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
96 days until buffalo in Botswana with Mark Kyriacou

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
79 days for my son and I. First safari (RSA)
Jeff

No people in history have ever
survived who thought they could protect their freedom by making themselves
inoffensive to their enemies.

Posts: 1689 | Location: North MS U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100 days for my 10 year old son, brother, nephew and me. Namibia with Dirk Rohrmann for leopard/plains game.

Posts: 87 | Location: The oasis of Nevada | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
199 and a wakeup

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it will be about 1.5 years before I get back. I'm not crying as it will be worth it as I'm spending 21-30 days.

What I get from this thread is that the main object is to get back to Africa period no matter the season, duration of hunt or animals pursued. It is an addiction but who cares and what a lovely addiction. Drugs might be cheaper but.........

People who have never been will never understand.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
What seems like forever is when you don't have the next one booked yet!
That is the secret - always have one booked! 177 days until the next one.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
123 days until my first buffalo and PG with Greg Butler Safaris in Botswana, PH Andy Kockott

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote