New
Find
Notify
Tools

"On Request"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've been doing some research and looking around on the internet for places to hunt in Namibia. Seems more and more are only giving out the daily rate "on request". Some list observer rate and the price of animals but NO daily rate. Why? Are they basing it on nationality, what you want to hunt and what they think you can afford?

I'm listening if anyone wants to offer up some suggestions for a northern Namibia plains game hunt.
Thanks

Posts: 161 | Location: United States | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I think the volatility of the South African Rand may have just a bit to do with it. That said, I think there is also an element of price discrimination involved. My usual modus operandi in the realm of safaris or anything else is to disregard all organizations who can't be bothered to simply post a price. It is bad business as it appears "sneaky" and I won't be part of it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think some do it to see if you are a legitimate hunter or the competition checking up on them.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have always taken it to mean that they don't want my money.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect that nationality has a part to play. To put it bluntly, I suspect that Americans get charged more!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
My first thought would be that they are waiting to see if to quote a price in Euros, or Dollars; but if they are quoting trophy fees and observer rates then I don't know.

I do know that if they are putting trophy fees for selected animals (sable, nyala, roan, etc) then I need to look for those animals in other countries.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Could be many reasons, a lot of them are listed above.

You see it on DG hunts being offered by a plainsgame outfitter who is buying hunts/quota from others. That is where I see that pricing the most often.

In South Africa, almost all DG prices are POR!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
If the trophy fees aren't listed, i move on. That drives me nuts. Just feels like you are going to get screwed.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
darkside,

If the outfit cannot post the daily rate for the present calendar year that would be red flag for me. How can you make a plan or do a comparison if you do not know the cost? The daily rates just by themselves often tell me what the whole operation is like.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rates definitely change based on your nationality.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote