THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Big Zim buff from Malilangwe-from Peter Barnard

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Zim buff from Malilangwe-from Peter Barnard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Peter asked me to post this for him. This is a 54 incher!

Posts: 12016 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Very impressive horns. Is this buffalo in a paddock?

Posts: 3873 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Eeker

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2079 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:

My understanding (which may be wrong) is that the area in question is a very high end photographic area. As such, I doubt that it is in a paddock. However, I do not know that with certainty.

I can tell you that in the early 90's, I hunted across the river from this area. There was an amazing amount of wild life. I took my first buff. He was "only" 40.5 but scored 128. I saw bigger.

Posts: 12016 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:

My understanding (which may be wrong) is that the area in question is a very high end photographic area. As such, I doubt that it is in a paddock. However, I do not know that with certainty.

I can tell you that in the early 90's, I hunted across the river from this area. There was an amazing amount of wild life. I took my first buff. He was "only" 40.5 but scored 128. I saw bigger.

Definatley high end photographic..Bill Gates and his wife stayed there last year I believe.
100k acres that adjoins Gonarezou..must border some hunting areas to the west & north?

Posts: 1875 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is hunting on this property by owner, his friends and family.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I want to be his friend!

Eeker

~Ann

Posts: 19190 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Needs to break those tips off, get himself a roman nose and a decent mud bath.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9882 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
There is hunting on this property by owner, his friends and family.

Didn't know that.

Posts: 1875 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kallie404
posted Hide Post
The Malilangwe Reserve is opposite GonaRhe Zhou. Its 135000 acres big and is "run" by the South-African company called Singita. Have a look at www.singita.com and click on Singita Pamushana. Its a great area and lodge, but the rates are not for the faint hearted, especially the South african lodges.

Posts: 109 | Location: Mooketsi& Phalaborwa Limpopo Province RSA | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that Buffalo is 54", but I would be willing to hunt him and measure him on the ground! Wink

Posts: 219 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks a bit soft bossed to me.... stir hilbily

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has to be one of the best places to hunt in Africa but its not a commercial hunting operation.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I agree with Andrew. I actually like deep hooks.

But then - I have not been to Africa yet!

quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Needs to break those tips off, get himself a roman nose and a decent mud bath.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11017 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Ground looks like a pen. Nice buff. Would benefit from some "character".

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To me he looks just fine with or without ROMAN NOSE! THAT IS ONE HELL OF A BULL!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He would look better hanging on the wall in my trophy room!

WOW!!!!!

Posts: 41797 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Very nice bull but doesn't look like it would be much of a hunt. Drive up to him in the safari car and pop him. Then when he is hanging on the wall you can impress your friends with details of the long and arduous diesel stalk.
I would prefer an old scrum cap that I had to track through the bush for most of a day. Wink

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote