THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Dallas Safari Club and AR members and friendships

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas Safari Club and AR members and friendships
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Well DSC convention and show are over till next year... I had a super time and want to thank all in attendance of the show who introduced themselves to fellow AR members... The dinner at Pappadeaux's 61 in attendance... WOW !!! It all started with 10 or 12, four years ago and has grown with great friendships... The glitch at Pappadeaux's had me upset but I did not let it get in my way to ruin the event... Forest, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness...
The party Saturday food was super with many in attendance... My friend and AR member "Aggie" Rah rah Penn State... New and future African hunters seeing photos from our safaris... In attendance Ph's from Africa.. wives, friends and aquaintances a great time by all...
Sunday I woke up at 5 am and got up and took a hot shower then later there was no hot water... Was I lucky again...
Till next year.... and Thanks to all of you...

I must also thank Mike Jines for helping with the organizing and getting Pappadeau's...

Mike thumb

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
beer It was great to meet you Mike. Next year will be an even bigger bash no doubt! David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I regret my inability to make it....next year for sure.... clap

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Mike, I missed out this year, my Mom has been in poor health and we were taking care of her. Hope to see you and the whole gang next year! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mike, you are right, it was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Maybe next year we can book the "Wing House" for our AR dinner. stir

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, it was great and good to see you. Glad the "bill" got sorted out. Now that I have a proper "big bore" I hope to join you at your next big bore get togeather. I guess a Ruger #1 qualifies, just a single not a bouble. Smiler

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Sorry I couldn't make it and it sounds like you had a great time. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
one day i gotta get to one of the conventions

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must second Mike's statements. It was great to meet all that were there. Made some new friends, met a bunch of really nice people and gained quite a bit of knowledge. Was a great experience all around. When do we start making reservations for next year? I'm with HogKiller on the wing house, as long as they have the half-dressed waitresses like the other place.

Looking forward to seeing you all again,

David Walker

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike (Retreever), Judge, Forrest, and Mike (Mjines) for all the work you did. Shannon and I had a great time and it was due, in large part, to everything you had organized.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

It was difficult missing this year after the great time we had last year. It sounds like another exciting time, as expected. I'm already penciling DSC in for 2009 so that I don't let work get in the way in the future.

Cheers!

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Very glad to have attended this year. Since it was my first, I was quite surprised by the fellowship of all the AR members in attendance. The DSC show will be on my calendar from now on. Thanks to all of you who've made this event something special.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes it was a great event, so my thinks to all those good folks that put this thing together.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
Mike,

It was very nice to meet you at the Comfort Inn. My boys thought you were cool. I am just sorry we could not stay longer. It was nice to put some other faces with the posters on this board.

Clark

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
Well DSC convention and show are over till next year... I had a super time and want to thank all in attendance of the show who introduced themselves to fellow AR members... The dinner at Pappadeaux's 61 in attendance... WOW !!! It all started with 10 or 12, four years ago and has grown with great friendships... The glitch at Pappadeaux's had me upset but I did not let it get in my way to ruin the event... Forest, I cannot thank you enough for your kindness...
The party Saturday food was super with many in attendance... My friend and AR member "Aggie" Rah rah Penn State... New and future African hunters seeing photos from our safaris... In attendance Ph's from Africa.. wives, friends and aquaintances a great time by all...
Sunday I woke up at 5 am and got up and took a hot shower then later there was no hot water... Was I lucky again...
Till next year.... and Thanks to all of you...

I must also thank Mike Jines for helping with the organizing and getting Pappadeau's...

Mike thumb
Retreever... if I recall correctly, the Aggies simply ran out of time on the clock JUST PRIOR to beating the hell out of Penn State!!! Big Grin

Posts: 200 | Location: Garner, TX | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Dallas was a great time. We need to make a concerted effort to double the size of the AR crowd next year. It's a whole lot cheaper and easier trip than Reno for many of us.

Start making your plans for 2009!

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was nice to put a face on some of you guys at the dinner. Unfortunately it seemed the dinner itself was not a great venue for meeting new people. Personally I'd like to make a suggestion that it might be nice to have a cocktail hour before the dinner. Please do not think this is in any way critical of the folks who worked so hard putting everything together.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mark,

That is a great suggestion...Any and all would love the opportunity to meet,talk, and put faces on all ARites present... Wink

Remind us for next year, when we start to plan... thumb

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A cocktail hour would be nice but it would need to be some where that we could have conversations not at Pappadeuex's, that place was just too loud. Of course that is what Sat evening was all about and then the more adventureous went on to dinner and dancing. I guess we could do it both evenings, you know like the poor mans DSC banquet. Instead of tux and gowns we could do the safari outfits straight from Cabales etc. Big Grin dancing jumping beer

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We also had a great time meeting all of you at both the show and then Saturday night. Sorry we didn't get to go Saturday night to the dinner after the meet and greet at the Comfort Inn, but I understand a good time was had by all....at least those of you who remember. Taking a taxi was a good idea I hear.
Thanks, again, and we'll all have more....ah....stories...to tell next year!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a great time meeting a so many good folks. The AR get togethers just keep getting bigger and better I think that the suggestion of a new place that allows for more conversation is a good one.

Mike,

I would be happy to scout locations for you or help in any way. I really appreciate the work that you and the others put into organizing the Friday and Saturday gatherings.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote