New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safari law lawyer......
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember when Cessna shut down production in 79-80...because of the Product Liability /insurance suits...yup, until Congress passed the statute of repose to protect General Aviation from the trial lawyers, many GA manufacturers sufferred or shut down!!...it is generally the nut behind the stick that causes the accident...but the attys make it the builders fault!!...Now, why is medical costs so high...and your personal insurance premiums and those of the Docs...yup, because of the lawyers sueing.First step in Health Care Reform...TORT REFORM!!
I have spent an entire career in international business, much of which was complicated by Lawyers....not one Lawyer mentioned that the US is the ONLY place (in the world) where someone can sue...and the opposition has to pay his own lawyers fees..yup, in all other countries the Plaintiff MUST post a bond to pay the defendants legal fees if the Plaintiff doesn't prevail...HA, feature that...the sueor has to pay the suees fees if he loses...good way to stop frivilous cases, EH??!! Let's hope the lawyers don't enter the hunting world any further than they already are...that said, they are fighting with each other over our guns and animals here already...that makes a self fullfilling employment program for these dudes...let's settle our problems more quietly in the hunting world...we'll all be better off!!
Did you know that there are a bunch of starving lawyers out there right now...yup, economy down, legal activities down...gotta drum up some business somewhere till the big money starts flying around again!!...go figure...

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also agree with Shakespeare, a lawyer's job is to fight for their clients often leading them to unethical behavior. Some attorneys become judges and therefore corrupt the courts even further. What about the travesty of the Duke lacrosse players, the DA was known for making false statements. Most lawyers are greedy and inefficient and why isn't tort reform discussed at all by Congress? They are selling doctors to pay for trial lawyers which are all supported by the Democrats.
When does the open season start??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
"I'd love to have a huge international practice (for safari law)," Way said. "It would be great to be able to spend three to four months a year overseas hunting and working on these cases."

I hate to imagine what his hourly rate might be!?
Saeed, that's easy. Just take the total safari cost, add a surcharge for working out-of-country, then divide by the number of hours on safari including travel and time spent thinking about it.

And don't forget to put some of your bright, young associates on the case. Then you can bill for conferring with them (lawyers don't talk, they "confer" - important to remember).

The math should yield a rate about like your basic gold plated mega firms..more or less. If the rate doesn't come out as high as you want, you'll know what to do.

Oh, and be sure the itemized bill doesn't accidentally show more than 24 hours in one day on the case..that's a no-no.

See, I could have been a safari lawyer..

I once thought it'd be great fun to write a Gresham type novel about lawyers. Except I'd make mine a comedy. I wouldn't have to make up a word of it. It'd all be true facts...stuff I've actually seen lawyers do. I suppose all the names would have to be changed...