THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Misinformation in the Media and "The Big 5"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misinformation in the Media and "The Big 5"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Does this screenshot give you any insight to the complete lack of credibility of the media's smear campaign on hunting lately? The Big 5

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be funny if it wasn't so fucking sad.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Todd - my first reaction was to burst out laughing, but this is very sad indeed! I keep thinking ignorance is curable, but our main line media may be terminal.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
The level of stupid hurts my head!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"You can't cure stupid"

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
"You can't cure stupid"

+1
As John Wayne once said, "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
Sad that they are this stupid, made even worse because they surely don't give a rip they got it wrong.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some time ago, I think it was CNN who had a panel discussion on hunting. One of the panel said she grew up around hunting and remembered her father going out with his RIFLE to shoot ducks. Only a slight violation of federal law.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem is that most African countries governments don't give a shit about there animals outside of the parks. If one leader, who truly gave a crap, in just one country was to tell the Airline in question, you don't transport trophies, then you are not allowed to land in our airports until you do transport said trophies, that would be refreshing. Cant see someone like fucking Mugabe doing that though.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:
The problem is that most African countries governments don't give a shit about there animals outside of the parks. If one leader, who truly gave a crap, in just one country was to tell the Airline in question, you don't transport trophies, then you are not allowed to land in our airports until you do transport said trophies, that would be refreshing. Cant see someone like fucking Mugabe doing that though.

Not the point of this thread. Take a look at that CNN graphic they had on screen. Anything strange about that "Buffalo" on the far right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:

Not the point of this thread. Take a look at that CNN graphic they had on screen. Anything strange about that "Buffalo" on the far right?

Damn, I though it was the tiger....

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Does this screenshot give you any insight to the complete lack of credibility of the media's smear campaign on hunting lately? The Big 5

The complete lack of credibility is of their own making.

In this particular example it is due to laziness.

There is no excuse.

These folks have research departments at their disposal.

Expect more of the same as long as desk editors on down the line to the reporter on the ground are not held accountable by their boss or the consumer.

Posts: 3033 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Just for that I'm moving up a trophy bison hunt on my bucket list. Maybe next year. And by the way, I'll drive and bring all kinds of disgusting animal parts back with me.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll drive and bring all kinds of disgusting animal parts back with me.

The best parts are the tenderloins!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As bad as this is I got a chuckle out of the Big 5 pic Todd.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
As bad as this is I got a chuckle out of the Big 5 pic Todd.

Me too Jay. Sad but funny at the same time.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
TORONTO — Air Canada says it will no longer transport big-game hunting trophies after the killing of Cecil the lion drew international attention.

A company spokesman says the airline will no longer carry trophies from lions, leopards, elephants, rhinoceros and water buffaloes .

LINK

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally quit laughing. Now I'm just mad.

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Slow boat to China it will be, I guess.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I laughed for a couple of moments too. Then I felt deflated. That was done by an intern. All of the network's interns are Millennials. It's very sad. Almost as bad as the map of SA in another thread.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That CNN pic pretty much defines our dilemma as hunters because the anti's don't give a shit about science and facts and base all their arguments on emotion. I bet not 5% of them will pick up on that being a bison or give a rat's ass any way.

Posts: 55 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 26 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The level of ignorance is stunning! Even Sean Hannity got the facts wrong!!! It makes me sick that that everyone goes off...but NO ONE got the facts straight...NO ONE!!! 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37771 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look, I refuse to even watch CNN because they are all, without exception, either retarded or in need of mental help, but are you sure this wasn't shopped? Even CNN can't possibly be this stupid.

Let me know if it's true before I pass it on. I got a good laugh in any event.

Posts: 10318 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CNN Communist News Network!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Frostbit,

You can assure Air Canada I won't try to import a "water buffalo" from Africa. But do ask them if they will import "water buffalos" from Australia, New Guinea or Argentina? That should keep them busy for a while.

We should also, in light of these seeming misidentifications, ask that they put the scientific name in their regulations. Then I can send them my "scientific name" and why I will never fly them -- anywhere.

Posts: 10318 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Look, I refuse to even watch CNN because they are all, without exception, either retarded or in need of mental help, but are you sure this wasn't shopped? Even CNN can't possibly be this stupid.

Dated a girl that worked as an asst to one of the producers at CNN in Atlanta - she was most certainly that stupid.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
So ridiculous.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Brilliant!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they don't have a Bengal tiger's picture.

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw that on the tube. Laughed my ass off! And to think that a lot of people trust the media! I wonder how many PITA members missed that one?

Posts: 39 | Location: Over there | Registered: 26 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:

It's absolutely true, not photo shopped!

Posts: 39 | Location: Over there | Registered: 26 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that kind buffalo is what I am hunting in Zambia in October, I could have saved a bunch of money by going down to Ted Turners ranch in southern New Mexico!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote