Find
Notify
Tools

Reputations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted
How long can any man keep a perfect record? Is any one of us, so beyond reproach in our respective careers, and or professions, that we could withstand the onslaught of one sided criticism from a feeding frenzy of unqualified critics?

I know I couldn't. I am but flesh and blood, merely human, with all the faults, weaknesses and flaws that make me mortal.

8,500 miles from the truth perhaps.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good post - relevant to a lot of things beyond just hunting

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Good post - relevant to a lot of things beyond just hunting

100 percent, life in general.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3554 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Too many folks have been led to believe that they are on a higher plane than mere mortals.

The thing those folks don't handle real well is when that balloon is pricked with a pin.

Ain't none of us perfect, but some folks really like to believe they are.

Usually those that set themselves up as critics of others are the ones that would not be able to survive the slightest bit of scrutinity to their record.

Good Post Steve, Keep the faith. Illigitimi Non Carborundum!!!!!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Good post.

Just look at the politicians and the media. If we believed them, we would think they were the only ones who kew the truth!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't recall who made the quote famous, but it's appropriate here on AR often.

"Where do I go to get my reputation back"

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Can you provide a little insight as to what this thread is about. I understand what you say and agree, but was wondering if there is something your OP is related to here.

I must be dense but I don't understand the "8,500 miles from the truth perhaps" statement. Sorry if I'm missing something.

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
I don't recall who made the quote famous, but it's appropriate here on AR often.

"Where do I go to get my reputation back"

So often it is a matter that a reputation was built on false pretences. Once the builder of such a 'holier than thou' reputation is shown to be merely a mortal with human faults and failures, he is likely to ask the very good quoted question.

I look at myself and take the warning seriously! So I'll admit here: I'm merely a human with shortcomings. When anyone reading my posts wishes to add another piece of info to his understanding of my reputation, please take everything I said with a pinch of salt!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sadly, some people do not behave normally when they are hidden behind an Internet name.

We have had plenty of those people here on AR.

But, they do not seem to last very long, as their silly games don't stay hidden very long.

One makes his reputation by dealing with others. And as long as one keeps his self respect, and treats others with the same respect, then he has nothing to worry wbout.

There are, however, just plain idiots in this world. And I am afraid we do come across some of them every now and then.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga: I don't recall who made the quote famous, but it's appropriate here on AR often. "Where do I go to get my reputation back"

Quite apt ... I thought it was from a movie, but found this:

"'Where do I go to get my reputation back?' asked Ray Donovan, secretary of labor under President Reagan, after he was indicted but subsequently acquitted of charges that he defrauded the New York City Transit Authority of millions."

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Nganga, your post does beg the question, " What have you gone and done?" Sincere sympathies.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I mislead, My post in in relation to a hunt report. It has nothing to do with me. The games of my past never took to task a mans reputation or intentions. I really hate to see a man unable to defend himself.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Nganga, your post does beg the question, " What have you gone and done?" Sincere sympathies.

Scriptus,

I think Steve is feeling guilty for being one of those sissy bike riders. Eeker

Steve,

I agree with you. I face it everyday with site reps who in their wildest dreams could not do my project managers jobs much less mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,
Heading out just now to take advantage of the pre-dawn "low-temp" of 88 degree's. Yes, in my sissy bike pants. rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pray that God is forgiving. If God is just I am in big trouble.

As has been said, "Let he is without sin, cast the first stone."

I wish I could remember, but it kinda goes, he who steals my purse steals only money, he who steals my reputation/name steals all.

Of course my dear wife makes sure my head does not swell too much.

So, let us not hammer each other too much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve - How about a pic of you in your riding getup sometime? Might get more play then some of the other threads here lately? Haven't got a bike yet, still contemplating. Been hot here in NM as well so do my hiking early on as well. Did a hunt report on South American forum, holding my breath. Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Hi Mike,
Heading out just now to take advantage of the pre-dawn "low-temp" of 88 degree's. Yes, in my sissy bike pants. rotflmo

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you expect perfection from someone, you are bound to be disappointed.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Steve - How about a pic of you in your riding getup sometime? Might get more play then some of the other threads here lately? Haven't got a bike yet, still contemplating. Been hot here in NM as well so do my hiking early on as well. Did a hunt report on South American forum, holding my breath. Wink

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Hi Mike,

Now Larry......do you really expect me to put a photo of myself up on an international hunting forum wearing bike pants???? That is the definition of suicide by internet.

And Saeed, if you think this is some "silly game" it is not, it is reaching out, trying to get people to think before hitting the "post now button" when somebodies reputation is at stake. I don't care about my own. I am comfortable in my own skin.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Now Larry......do you really expect me to put a photo of me in bike pants on an international hunting forum? That would for sure be suicide by internet. Eeker

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Hi Mike,

Come on Steve. Nobody teases Buzz about the mankini.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee,
Since I know you personally, I'll find an appropriate photo, commit suicide here. stand by.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, Lee, here ya go.

rotflmo rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
Grape smugglers pants

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a visual assault!!!!!

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13018 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry, Lee, here ya go.

rotflmo rotflmo

Apparently one must be cautious with those narrow, iron bicycle seats. That man has suffered some serious edema.

~Ann

Posts: 19558 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry, Lee, here ya go.

rotflmo rotflmo

NOW " What have you gone and done?" ZERO sympathies. Eeker dancing

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See, I told you it would get a lot of play. Thanks and good riding and be safe. Geez it's hot, dry and lots of wildfires over here, know you are getting the same. Oh by the way, is that suit cooler than say shorts and a tank? Just wondering because if I get a bike do I have to have a suit like that? Eeker

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wondering because if I get a bike do I have to have a suit like that? Eeker

YUP ! ! And a photo, keep AR laughing. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry, Lee, here ya go.

rotflmo rotflmo

You are one sick puppy!! rotflmo

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
See, I told you it would get a lot of play. Thanks and good riding and be safe. Geez it's hot, dry and lots of wildfires over here, know you are getting the same. Oh by the way, is that suit cooler than say shorts and a tank? Just wondering because if I get a bike do I have to have a suit like that? Eeker

Regular shorts make your ass hurt; a tee shirt blows in the wind too much.

Laugh all you want, but my first thought is, "When is the last time Steve asked what it took to get in shape?"

Guys who ride bikes and climb mountains hardly break a sweat when it comes to hunting in Africa.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Guys who ride bikes and climb mountains hardly break a sweat when it comes to hunting in Africa.[/QUOTE]

Geez. If I had to wear shorts like those with me "goodies" all crunched up, I would be sweating a streak every minute I had them on. Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Strange place to carry a water bottle....

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote