Lying and "truth stretching"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dude turn in your man card.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
another misogynist heard from. ME TARZAN-YOU JANE, eh???? my wife has no problem with killing animals( in fact she shot an warthog and an impala on our second safari)- she just doesn't want me to shoot an elephant and i much prefer to spare her feelings with no harm done. as far as what she spends versus what i spend, i frankly don't care and luckily i can afford it.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am the wrong person to respond to this because if I shoot an elephant on my next safari,,,,,I will tell the entire world about it,, even my wife! And no she doesn't want me to shoot an elephant. She didn't want me to shoot a giraffe either but I did so with my bow and "she" used the rug to decorate the living room floor! I may also be the wrong person to post because I have only been married once,, to her for 35 years,,, and the main reason I am still married is because I have always told her the truth! She can't stand a LIAR! It has always been better to tell the truth and work out the issues that to create mistrust with lies. I also expect the same from her as well.I am not 64 years old yet but if I premeditated a lie to her I may not make it to the 65th. I don't count her shoes and purses and she doesn't count my guns. She does all our book work and knows every dime I spend. We are a "partnership". She does not hunt but cares not if I hunt as long as we can afford to do so!Of the traits you see in couples with lengthly marriages,, one of them is not lying to the spouse....

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I share all with my wife, even the contents of the vault room. Just my simple belief in the partnership of marriage, I guess. I've only been married once, and for just 30 years, so what do I know...

I recently completed a finished walk-in gun vault, and went so far as to create an excel spreadsheet of all my firearms, etc, complete with acquisition date/price, and estimated current value. My wife and I joke that this is her true 401K plan, or my life insurance policy for her. She even ocassionally encourages me to buy more guns, knowing full well they can be converted to cash quite easily if the need arises. While a few may go to my kids in the future, I have no doubt she would sell many in the event I die before her. The spreadsheet was to make sure she understood the value of each, and would not be taken by some opportunist.

My wife accompanies me on many hunts, and even recently took a very large red stag with an accompanying large trophy fee. She has suddenly decided some of the hunts I want to go on are even more reasonably priced than she once thought. It definitely helps to have her involvement in our hunting adventures. And a lifetime partnership is worth far more than any particular material possession.

Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Marguglio:
To judge from some of the responses to the OP, I am curious if a fair number of our non-hunting spouses are lurking around this forum to check up on their partners; if so, I should re-think my less-than-clever moniker. Ignoring that possibility, I have a question for the group: am I to deduce from the high-moraled comments leveled at JDollar that each of you frequently engage your spouse in a complete audit of the contents of your safe? And in doing so, present cost basis, improvements, and current value of all of items therein. Surely you also jointly agree to a forward-looking budget for purchases for the periods ahead. If so, good on you.

I, and I don’t think I am alone, believe a little “home embezzlement” with respect to firearms inventory, a turn of phrase favored by one of my hunting buddies, makes for a happier home. Of course turnabout is fair play and I know my wife makes little effort to apprise me on many of her own purchases. My attitude toward this: As long as she pulls from our discretionary funds, I would truly rather not know how much money she spends on clothing, shoes, and various sundry items.

I guess I am just weird like that...

We have enjoyed co-mingled funds for 38 years so there is no "hiding" anything. We support, and mostly take part in, each others interests.

Just lucky I guess.

effing lucky as Johnny would say

Yes I am as you will soon witness! Wink

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chez
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, my wife doesn't expect exact financial details of my hunting escapades.

Simply math usually gets me by. My Dodge truck + a safari = your Audi.... fair deal.

Posts: 53 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 21 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chez:
Thankfully, my wife doesn't expect exact financial details of my hunting escapades.

Simply math usually gets me by. My Dodge truck + a safari = your Audi.... fair deal.

Must be a hell of an Audi.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the Zim Campfire Program story diffuses most all negative implications and sentiment regarding elephant hunting.
Tell your wife the story, ie most sub-saharan countries cull thousands of elephants every year...the news and Nat Geo doesn't spread about that!
The Campfire program takes part of the daily fees and trophy fees directly back to the tribal communities. The program provides many jobs for local tribal people in safari camps at much higher relative incomes. Tribal communities get most of the meat taken by hunters. By placing an economic value on the animals through hunting, the locals do not poach them because it is the animlas now providing thier well being and poaching patrols are part of the outcome...to protect thier own valuable resources!...and hunters keep the marauders out of the villages and crops as well...it is a WIN-WIN for all involved...and hunters are providing the financial resources, ie contributing to wildlife management...and enjoying the benefits. Bottom line, elephants are out growing thier habitat and need to be controlled...why not contribute to the program?
I was showing some of my last April safari photos around while having Physical Therapy last week....one of the women on a close table heard us talking and attacked me about Tigers in Africa...when I explained where Tigers reside and that they are off limits today...then rolled right into my Campfire Program pitch....she walked out with a new look on hunting and Elephants...and so did everyone else there that day too...I probably impacted at least 10 people that day during PT!!Men and women...some PT's some clients...
It works...be dead honest and share the facts, pretty hard to dispute!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2676 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Secretly you are praying for a charge from an elephant but cant stand for a charge from your wife? Maybe your Ph can back you up on this one? Hungh, WTF! Get your big boy panties on or Ill send you some from Vicki's secrete.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
just send me a pair of your's you have stretched out of shape-i bet you have a drawer full. WTF indeed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
give me you address and I will ship some of my wife and daughters thongs for you. one or the other should fit. if not you truly deserve a new pair. Tell me what size and ill have them out asap. Smiler after hunting these wont need cleaning, you'll just shit right through them.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
Well, it seems anglo saxxon men are quite different than latin men.

Down here there is a non written law about not being neccesary to tell everything to your wife, and NEVER ever admit you have lied if you ever got cought, not even with a gun in your chest !!

For example, a friend of mine bought a mauser in 8x68, before arriving home he realize that telling his wife that he has spent 2k on that rifle was not a good idea, so he told her that the rifle cost him only 300 bucks.

After a looong silence a very angry wife shout: "what !!! You spent THAT money in a rifle!!"

So as I said, better learn to keep some secrets than be beaten to death by an angry latin wife Big Grin

Down here, THEY rule, that thing about the latin macho man is just a stupid myth, we always end our argues with a wise "yes Darling, you are right" and then we spend whatever we want at the gunshops.

We are tough men.... Big Grin

L

Perfect my friend. Smiler

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Or, you can wait until your wife changes her mind about something (this shouldn't be too long a wait) and then add that you have also changed your mind about never shooting an elephant. Let us know how that works out for you.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Just shoot it!

Be a man! tu2

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Weenies!

animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
It's easier to seek forgiveness than permission

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Or, you can wait until your wife changes her mind about something (this shouldn't be too long a wait) and then add that you have also changed your mind about never shooting an elephant. Let us know how that works out for you.

this idea has possibilities. think i will pass on lb404's wife's thong though( see above post)- i don't need an umbrella