posted
Has anyone seen this new DVD?
As good as the buff video?

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Actually ordered both Lion and Leopard last week. When I get them, I'll let you know.

If anything like his Buffalo and Elephant DVDs, it can only be GREAT!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well thats something else to add to my list of things to buy at DSC this year Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it but anything by Bodd has got to be good! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Didn't realize it was available. I will order it right away. I really like the educational feel of his videos.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im pretty sure he will be speaking on the subject at the DSC meeting in Jan. I cant wait to go.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
It's on my Christmas list!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is an all too rare gift, to be able to educate and entertain at the same time. I hope he brings plenty to Reno.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe it could top Bod on Ellie.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll wait and get mine when I stop at his booth in Reno for a visit. Plus he always signs the cover when I pick up something there. Nice touch I think.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:

Brett

Is that your wish list or self purchase list? Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
quote:

Brett

Is that your wish list or self purchase list? Cool

Big Grin Perhaps a bit of both!!! dancing

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Excellent news. I will definitely order it. Will give me something to watch while I wait for "Boddington on Wild Sheep". Smiler
(will probably be waiting a long time, eh? Wink )

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy Holidays
Guys the Lion DVD will be shipping in about 10 days. We had two major releases we have been working on, Boddington On Lion and a documentary style movie on Jack O'Connor ( really proud of )
and combined with normal editing and travel schedules we ran a bit behind our normal Thanksgiving release . Sure hope you enjoy each or both. We will be at both DSC and SCI Reno and hope everyone will come by and say hello at the Chifuti Safaris \ Boddington.com booth.
Everything very busy , but did manage to get in some whitetail hunting and took the buck of my lifetime 186 gross B&C... a real thrill!
See you at the shows.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave....thanks for the status update.
Looking forward to the O'Connor work.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your buck Dave.I know this is the Africa forum but perhaps you could get by with giving us one photo?

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

will you focus more on the man or his accomplishments? Should be interesting.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit of both Rich. We take Jack from the cradle to grave and all the in between. Tons of personal photos as well as 16mm film Jack took from 1943 until his death in 1978.
O'Connor fan's will really like it.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received my copy of Boddington on Lion in the mail last week and watched most of it this morning. Nice work by Dave Fulson and Boddington. A couple of Aaron Neilson's hunts are featured, and there's a great clip of Ivan Carter stopping a charge at very close range. I would guess that half of the hunts are ones already shown on TAA, but it's nice to have them all in one place. If you like the Boddington buffalo, leopard, and elephant videos, you will enjoy this one, too. And if you're considering a lion hunt or just like to dream about lion hunting, this DVD is easily worth the $40 price.

One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
Hopefully my copy is wrapped and under the tree at home dancing

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
well thats something else to add to my list of things to buy at DSC this year Big Grin

For any of you guys who don't live in Texas, you can order it and save the sales tax, but if you uy it at thae show you will pay 8% tax on all you buy! Outdoor Visions in Dallas sells all the DVDs! I used to order them and have them sent to my M.I.L.'s home in Baton Rougue, La. We visit down there all the time, and I had something to watch while down there!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brett

It's on my list too!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just watched my copy of Bodd on Lion, really enjoyed it! Typical "Bodd On", very imformative, lots of good footage, and some great hunting action. Knowing how tough it is to hunt and film lions, I was really impressed with all the footage Dave and the Safari Classics folks were able to put together. Get a copy, you will like it!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Maybe he'll come on here and offer it to AR members for $10. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have dropped the broadest hints possible that this DVD would make a very welcome Christmas gift for the oldest hunter in the house (me.) We'll see what's under the tree in a few days.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:
I have dropped the broadest hints possible that this DVD would make a very welcome Christmas gift for the oldest hunter in the house (me.) We'll see what's under the tree in a few days.

Hope you get it, you'll enjoy it!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Just had a quick preview of it.
Looks great with an awesome charge with Ivan that shows the virtues of a large calibre Double.
Also some great footage of my pal Gibbo on his top Tracker Robert.
All in all a terrible watch for some one intent on saving money. Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I am feeling terribly guilty...I have been very remiss in logging on, can only plead an extremely hectic schedule (and a computer that failed while on the road). I appreciate the kind words. It is true that a fair amount (no idea what percentage) of the "Lion" footage has been shown on TAA. Lion footage is, er, 'spendy' to obtain!!!! We have been gathering footage for several years in hopes we could do this film, and at some stage decided we had enough to go for it. Much of my own lion hunting was done long before video, so I wasn't much help! What you will see, for better or worse, is exceptionally inspired work by my partners Dave Fulson and Tim Danklef...and even more outstanding artistry by our main film editor, Christy Funk, an incredibly talented young lady! It probably isn't good business sense to admit this, but I only saw the finished product a few days ago...and I was truly amazed at how good it is. If you watch it, please keep this bit of trivia in mind: We filmed the majority of the "talking head" stuff (me) in the Zambezi Valley last spring. Much of the action we used was filmed months later, clear into October. I am not suggesting the film couldn't be better, but with these facts in mind, I was shocked at how well it flows. Brother Tim, Brother Dave, and Sister Christy did a great job on this one...in my view it is the best we have done!
It is now Christmas Eve in my time zone, so I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, and for all of us, a much better 2011.
Best regards, Craig

Posts: 265 | Location: central california | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
Craig,

Thanks for chiming in, I look forward to seeing your latest flick..... enjoy the cooler weather in Central Ca. Its bawmy warm here in Colorado...even the elk are sweating here! Merry Christmas to you and yours. Rob

Posts: 564 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just opened a christmas gift from my two girls(2 years and 8 months) , mr Boddington on Lion and elephant. How could they know!

-33 celsius here in the arctic today. Nice weather for lionwatching!

Happy holidays and pardon my english

Posts: 193 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im excited to hear you speak on the subject at the feb. DSC meeting. I imagine I will end up picking up my copy at the show.

Posts: 167 | Location: Mckinney, TX | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wtnut
posted Hide Post
Watched it yesterday, very well done!
Informative with great footage and an excellent
watch.

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Mine was under the tree!!

My six year old and I are headed to the media room to watch it as soon as the baby takes his nap.

Thanks Santa and Craig and Merry Christmas everyone!!
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craig and Dave,
Something I'd love to see personally is more footage of Hippo being hunted and taken on land.

Just a suggestion as I feel these animals are vastly under-rated ... and if I ever had a chance to hunt Africa ... would be high on my list.

Hope Christmas was enjoyable for all.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Con
I promise you that we are always looking for land based hippo. But... first you have to find a guy that wants a hippo. Second, hippo on land are headed to the water in most cases and harder to judge. Third, in the Zambezi river area where we do most of our hippo hunting , most of the bulls you find deep in the bush are younger males that are finding a nice lonely place to avoid the bigger bulls waiting to maul them on their return to the river, and as everyone knows, most clients want a monster bull or nothing. And in many areas, that means observing multiple bulls in the water where they spend most of their daylight hours. This does not mean that every now and again we don't find a trophy bull on land ( we have and have filmed them) but a lot of things have to line up. But you are right, our friend the hippo is a very underestimated trophy.

Dave Fulson

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Con, I got Mark Sullivan's Greatest Hippo Charges for Christmas. If you like dry land hippo hunting, this DVD would be tough to beat.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Appreciate the honest reply. Keep filming man ... I'll be in when you finally produce something.

Mike,
Thanks for the heads up on that DVD ... must see if they send to Australia! Us guys over here are loving the high Australian dollar! Big Grin
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Con, I got Mark Sullivan's Greatest Hippo Charges for Christmas. If you like dry land hippo hunting, this DVD would be tough to beat.

Agree 100% - great footage and very exciting.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
I received a copy from Mrs. Claus. A great addition to the Boddington on series!

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
I watched the DVD some days ago, and I really enjoyed it Smiler. Informativ and entertaining DVD with some great and exciting footage. And Ivan really know how to handle his double.

Torbjørn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote