THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Buff Hunt II --Hunt Details--Costing--Member Poll
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buff Hunt II --Hunt Details--Costing--Member Poll
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 3.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
So far the interest does not look good for selling 600 entries.

Remember, the first one took 6 months to sell 400 and I got a lot of flack for keeping it open until the needed amount sold.

If this lags that long, say to June 2005 before closing, we may not have any available hunting dates for the 2005 season.

With the concern on how the numbers/winner is selected: if you got a better way than the DOW, where everyone can tune in, then let's hear it.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Guessing the Dow is perfect. Tie-breaker the NASDQ????

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 1 for sure and maybe up to 3 depending on how things go between now and the time you start collecting money. I may just keep buying no at a time until it sells out and take as many as I can get. 1 FOR SURE!

I like Nitrox's idea. Let's don't cancel just because we don't raise enough funds to make it all cushy (if that should happen).

I also like Hog Killer's idea. If for some reason we don't get enough entries to send an observer let's not rob some of us less fortunate members of the chance of a lifetime. This may be the only way some of us (myself for one) to ever hunt buff in Africa.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One for sure. Possibly three.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann:
A quick -and conservative count- of people "pledged to the cause" comes to about 115, give or take. My guess is that once we start selling more people will join the bandwagon.

The observer can be lost if needed, main thing is that I...I mean somebody...gets to go!

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
What about if the full amout is raised. The winner gets to decide if he/she wants an observer to go, or using the extra money to hunt a few more animals? For those who have never been this may be their only safari. Having the opertunity to take a couple of other animals would really flesh out the ten day hunt. I know that getting to hunt a kudu, warthog, or maybe something else would sweeten the pot for me.

Taking a stranger on a hunting trip for nearly two weeks does not really appeal to me. The double rifle raffle, did it have a second place prize?

Just a thought.

Hog Killer

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
You can put me in for 3 minumum.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'M IN for 3 and I have never won anything in my life,
EXCEPT
the hand of my WIFE..(is that as sappy as it sounds???)

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll take three.

Best regards;
Brett

posted Hide Post
Count me in for three. Sounds Great

Posts: 10 | Location: Belgrade,Mt. | Registered: 05 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am thinking about buying in but was wondering if the guy ever got his double rifle? I missed his post if he did.
Dean

I believe he is still waiting for it but it is almost here.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will take 6 as soon as the rules are firmed up.

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted Hide Post
Roger,

I suggest you start a "List", as a new thread, including all the members that have committed so far, with a column for the "firm" and another for the "possible" tickets, and keep it updated.

This would make things much easier and would allow for everyone to control how things are evolving.

B.Martins

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Good idea B.Martins! I second that idea...............

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An even better idea is to get this show on the road and start selling some tickets!

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be in for 3 (maybe 5 depending on how the final rules shake out). I'd like to see the winner pick the observer with no strings attached (such as a spouse or other relative). Gary T.

Posts: 112 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I agree, pick your own observer, (as in family member)

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the change over to the new software so I can dig up the original A-R Buff Hunt Raffle thread. That has most of your "rules" and once I can post that again, we will get started. Just remember, we need to sell 600 entries, that's a lot, so buy often.

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put me down for three. Will the observer be able to hunt?

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I will buy often!

one of us
posted Hide Post
All right, I am getting a new house but will find a way to buy at least one, but hopefully more. I only have a few questions:

1. My stepfather will surely buy a ticket, but he is not an AR member, would he still be able to go as an observer?

2. is there a trick to picking a good ticket for this or basically just ask for each ticket to not be consecutively numbered or what?

3. are you all going to be jealous of me when I come back with my huge knarly boss from my monster buff?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Quote:

2. is there a trick to picking a good ticket for this or basically just ask for each ticket to not be consecutively numbered or what?

I think last time we used the Dow Jones Industrial Average to get the numbers. I know I was down to two digits, and Shumba was as close as one.

That made it impossible to rig, and very suspenseful as I recall!

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 3

bte

Posts: 17 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be in for one. Please advise of where to mail check etc. thanks

Posts: 119 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
One

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'll take 10.

Posts: 11 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump Again

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where are we with this? I have my pen ready to write a check for tickets.

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the date of the hunt or the year of the hunt decided at this time? If I win, it will be difficult for me to get enough off work time to go to Africa twice in one year. Already booked for pretty much all my vacation time for next year.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I thought it might be a better idea to keep this thread at the top of the forum.

So far we have about 200 tickets taken.

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I think alot more tickets will go as soon as there is a list of rules and a "hunt" set. I know I would more then likly buy more tickets then I said, especially if I can take a family member as my non-hunter.

Hope your enjoying the Holidays, Saeed!

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Once the Holiday crush is over people will be more likely to consider buying into something like this. Right now funds are going for really trivial purchases instead of important stuff like safari plans.

Just start the sale around the New Year and hope that folks here in the US buy before they do their taxes.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
good point! Rick!

The New Year would be a good starting point, holidays behind everyone, it's time to get down to more serious things like a Buffalo Safari!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a couple a month (I think I can sneak that passed momma)

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger

I would like 3 tickets.

Ron L

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyway to do this hunt in Namibia or Zambia rather than Zimbabwe? Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of boomer453
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 3 and possibly more