New
Find
Notify
Tools

FAROUK QURESHI
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received sad news that long time Tanzanian Professional Hunter FAROUK QURESHI passed away on 23 March at 5pm after a long illness.

Farouk Qureshi was one of the most distinguished Professional Hunters of the 1980's & 1990s in Tanzania.

I knew Farouk and his son Altaff Qureshi (also a Professional Hunter) and offer my sincere condolences to Farouk's family. Rest in Peace Bwana.

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9946 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad indeed.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rest in Peace old friend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met him in the mid 90's here in Orlando. Then , I went to TZ and his son was our charter pilot.

RIP

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
RIP we shared some clients ,great PH ,his son is a well known Tanzanian PH too .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6381 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. He was my PH during my Tanzania safaris, and he did a great job and we had much fun together. Afterwards, I had some contact with his son and knew he was suffering from a chronic illness. May he RIP.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Did Farouk hunt with usangu safaris in 2006?

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He definitely hunted with Usangu. He was there in 2007 with certainty. I would assume he was there in 2006 as well.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We hunted with"Farouko" in the Rungwa in 2006. He was an avid handloader and great fun to hunt with-except the combination of chain smoking and burning elephant dung that kept his landcruiser in a perpetual fog! He was a good friend. Vaya con Dios, Amigo!

Posts: 155 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. I spent 4 or 5 enjoyable dinners with him at magi moto camp. We enjoyed talking about lion hunting and a few tricks on baiting them. He was a very interesting and informative Person to be around.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had the pleasure of knowing Farouk but heard lots of great stories about him from Gerard Miller while I was on safari.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote